bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: RE: Re: Your MVP Rankings so far 

Post#281 » by bleu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Arda K wrote:
bleu wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Brady hasn't been as good as Ryan this year though. Ryan put up better numbers, pretty clearly. So yeah, Brady had less to work with...but he also did less.

And even without Gronk...Edelman, Amendola, Bennett, Hogan, Lewis, White, Floyd...that's a good supporting cast. Not anything amazing, but it's better than average.

VERY similar numbers once adjusted to per game. But he also lost four more games than Brady did.

I don't understand how going 11-1 is "doing less" than going 11-5...

perhaps because those are team records and brady clearly did less statistically

That VERY MUCH depends on the statistics that you choose to look at. There's nothing "clear" about it. I mean, is throwing 7 interceptions better than throwing 2? Nah. There are also many advanced stats that show that Tom Brady is not only the better player, but is more valuable to his team. There are many things that need to be considered.

I've said many times that I think that it is somewhat of a toss-up between Ryan and Brady. I can't say definitively that one player deserves it more than the other. But Ryan isn't head and shoulders above Brady like some have implied.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: RE: Re: Your MVP Rankings so far 

Post#282 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:13 pm

bleu wrote:
Arda K wrote:
bleu wrote:VERY similar numbers once adjusted to per game. But he also lost four more games than Brady did.

I don't understand how going 11-1 is "doing less" than going 11-5...

perhaps because those are team records and brady clearly did less statistically

That VERY MUCH depends on the statistics that you choose to look at. There's nothing "clear" about it. I mean, is throwing 7 interceptions better than throwing 2? Nah. There are also many advanced stats that show that Tom Brady is not only the better player, but is more valuable to his team. There are many things that need to be considered.

I've said many times that I think that it is somewhat of a toss-up between Ryan and Brady. I can't say definitively that one player deserves it more than the other. But Ryan isn't head and shoulders above Brady like some have implied.

you have to dig pretty hard to find stats that favor brady outside of interception rate. ryan is not head and shoulders ahead but he doesnt have to be, he simply had a better season.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
TheOnlyQuayH
Freshman
And1: 32

Re: Your MVP Rankings so far 

Post#283 » by TheOnlyQuayH » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Oh please. You Patriot fans are just unbelievable. The only time you guys ever come on here and post is when you think you guys are being wronged. Waaaaa. Are any of you capable of ever being objective and talk football? First place I would attack is your strength of schedule and the division you play in. Must be nice to play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins every year. That's at least 5 easy cupcake wins ever year. Your lobbying plain and simple for Brady, face it. And Brady doesn't have and weapons, even more funny. Blount, Lewis, White. Gronk, Bennett, Edleman, etc,. Stop whining. There are a lot of great players on 31 OTHER teams in the NFL. Many of them have had much more bruttle schedules.

Don't put us all in that category, I think I've been pretty fair and I'm a pats fan. However, I can't account for the other Pats fans.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#284 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:06 am

The TRUE MVP will win next week's game.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#285 » by TMU » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:34 am

Dallas Cowboys were good this year but clearly aren't the best team in the NFC.

The MVP this year will be Matt Ryan
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,010

Post#286 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:53 pm

TMU wrote:Dallas Cowboys were good this year but clearly aren't the best team in the NFC.

Yea Matt Ryan is clearly the MVP.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,272

Post#287 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
TMU wrote:Dallas Cowboys were good this year but clearly aren't the best team in the NFC.

Yea Matt Ryan is clearly the MVP.

I agree, but Aaron Rodgers is a close second now, imho.
TheOnlyQuayH
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#288 » by TheOnlyQuayH » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:21 pm

I have Matt Ryan as MVP. Brady as second and Rodgers as a distant 3rd. I just find it hilarious the lovefest for Aaron Rodgers. If Brady or Ryan put their team at 4-6 to start the season, it doesn't matter what they do afterwards, NONE OF YOU would ever them in the Top 2. To see people having Rodgers second because of the last 6 games of the season shows me how strong the hate is for Brady.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#289 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:06 pm

TheOnlyQuayH wrote:I have Matt Ryan as MVP. Brady as second and Rodgers as a distant 3rd. I just find it hilarious the lovefest for Aaron Rodgers. If Brady or Ryan put their team at 4-6 to start the season, it doesn't matter what they do afterwards, NONE OF YOU would ever them in the Top 2. To see people having Rodgers second because of the last 6 games of the season shows me how strong the hate is for Brady.

This man speaks the truth.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,094

Post#290 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:26 pm

The playoffs should have zero impact on your MVP rankings, it's a RS award.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#291 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:37 pm

therealbig3 wrote:The playoffs should have zero impact on your MVP rankings, it's a RS award.

Completely disagree. I think it should be announced after the SB.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#292 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:The playoffs should have zero impact on your MVP rankings, it's a RS award.

Completely disagree. I think it should be announced after the SB.

Just change it to Best Player of the Year +Post season.
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#293 » by laika » Sun Feb 5, 2017 2:18 am

Well, as I predicted Ryan and Brady finished 1st and 2nd.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow who the real MVP is. Will Brady solidify his status as the best QB ever? Will Ryan show that he isn't just having a huge fluke year?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#294 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Feb 5, 2017 4:03 pm

Ryan the obvious choice won this year . I had Carr over Brady for the 2nd pick . Gr...
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#295 » by bleu » Sun Feb 5, 2017 6:21 pm

Good for Matt, I've always enjoyed his game, glad he won it! He wasn't even close in my mind for being a potential contender for award this year, but he certainly proved me wrong. Excited to watch the MVP in action one more time tonight.

Return to The General NFL Board