Where will Romo Go after this year?

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

User avatar
Mr. E
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
Posts: 16,208
And1: 4,052
Joined: Apr 15, 2006
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!
       

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#301 » by Mr. E » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:33 pm

jwise44 wrote:Well bdubbs...I hate all cowboys, and the only cowboys I've ever actively rooted for (meaning not care if they're good or bad and maybe even somewhat like) are emmitt, Deion and witten


So that is where romo hate comes from for me


Totally a Cowboys thing. I feel pretty much the same about any Titan, although that has subsided a bit.

It is just so weird to see Romo go from an object of derision with most Texans fans to the anointed savior now by so many! :lol:

But yeah, I'd rather have him over Cutler or Brock. I just really want them to draft a QB of the future.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,522
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#302 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Mr. E wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Well bdubbs...I hate all cowboys, and the only cowboys I've ever actively rooted for (meaning not care if they're good or bad and maybe even somewhat like) are emmitt, Deion and witten


So that is where romo hate comes from for me


Totally a Cowboys thing. I feel pretty much the same about any Titan, although that has subsided a bit.

It is just so weird to see Romo go from an object of derision with most Texans fans to the anointed savior now by so many! :lol:

But yeah, I'd rather have him over Cutler or Brock. I just really want them to draft a QB of the future.


I think any team that ends up with Romo would also be looking add a young QB to take over in a year or two.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#303 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Looks like this game is going to continue all the way to the draft now.
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,522
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#304 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like this game is going to continue all the way to the draft now.


I would not be surprised if it goes on longer than that, like well into training camp.

There are also rumors that one of the reasons nothing's been done yet is because Romo just doesn't want to play for anyone else and is still considering retirement.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#305 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:43 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like this game is going to continue all the way to the draft now.


There's no hurry. It doesn't hurt the Cowboys one way or another right now and it isn't like Romo can practice with his new team until after the draft anyway. I still think it happens before the draft. All Jerry wants is a draft pick... and he won't get it unless he wins this game of Chicken.

Regardless - he's gone after 6/1. They need that $5M of his.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#306 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:53 pm

There are many opportunities and desperate teams out there playing it cool at the moment. Wait till there on tilt !! Its coming.
User avatar
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 32,936
And1: 3,027
Joined: Jul 19, 2005
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#307 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 pm

I hope Romo wins a super bowl, wherever he goes. Would be hilarious.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#308 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:24 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:I hope Romo wins a super bowl, wherever he goes. Would be hilarious.


A number of us Cowboys fans feel the same. As long as it isn't against us of course...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Voldemort
Freshman
Posts: 90
And1: 31
Joined: Mar 11, 2017
 

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#309 » by Voldemort » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:19 pm

I don't understand why Romo's seen as some kind of a hero. He hasn't done anything for there Cowboys in terms of playoff success, he has never won them a Super Bowl and has never taken them to the Super Bowl. He's only even taken them to the NFC Title games a handful of times.

I'm not a Romo hater, I love his story about going from an undrafted kid to being starter for "America's team" but man I think he's overrated to a certain degree now. Cowboys fans talk about him the same way that people in New Orleans talk about Brees or people in Wisconsin talk about Favre or Rodgers.

No matter what team Romo ends up on next, he's gonna get injured there very quickly. I hope the backup for whatever team Romo signs with is good because that backup will play more games than Romo will next season.

Unless of course, Romo does sign as the backup :lol:
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#310 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Voldemort wrote:I don't understand why Romo's seen as some kind of a hero. He hasn't done anything for there Cowboys in terms of playoff success, he has never won them a Super Bowl and has never taken them to the Super Bowl. He's only even taken them to the NFC Title games a handful of times.

I'm not a Romo hater, I love his story about going from an undrafted kid to being starter for "America's team" but man I think he's overrated to a certain degree now. Cowboys fans talk about him the same way that people in New Orleans talk about Brees or people in Wisconsin talk about Favre or Rodgers.

No matter what team Romo ends up on next, he's gonna get injured there very quickly. I hope the backup for whatever team Romo signs with is good because that backup will play more games than Romo will next season.

Unless of course, Romo does sign as the backup :lol:


Not sure anyone sees him as a hero... but he is clearly an upgrade to the QB situation in both Houston and Denver. And yes - they had better keep him healthy if they want any value out of him.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#311 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:54 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like this game is going to continue all the way to the draft now.


There's no hurry. It doesn't hurt the Cowboys one way or another right now and it isn't like Romo can practice with his new team until after the draft anyway. I still think it happens before the draft. All Jerry wants is a draft pick... and he won't get it unless he wins this game of Chicken.

Regardless - he's gone after 6/1. They need that $5M of his.

We could use another draft pick with all the guys we've lost on defense.
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,522
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#312 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:10 am

Voldemort wrote:I don't understand why Romo's seen as some kind of a hero. He hasn't done anything for there Cowboys in terms of playoff success, he has never won them a Super Bowl and has never taken them to the Super Bowl. He's only even taken them to the NFC Title games a handful of times.

I'm not a Romo hater, I love his story about going from an undrafted kid to being starter for "America's team" but man I think he's overrated to a certain degree now. Cowboys fans talk about him the same way that people in New Orleans talk about Brees or people in Wisconsin talk about Favre or Rodgers.

No matter what team Romo ends up on next, he's gonna get injured there very quickly. I hope the backup for whatever team Romo signs with is good because that backup will play more games than Romo will next season.

Unless of course, Romo does sign as the backup :lol:


Romo got the Cowboys to a handful of NCF Title games? When did this happen?
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#313 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:31 am

Mr B wrote:
Voldemort wrote:I don't understand why Romo's seen as some kind of a hero. He hasn't done anything for there Cowboys in terms of playoff success, he has never won them a Super Bowl and has never taken them to the Super Bowl. He's only even taken them to the NFC Title games a handful of times.

I'm not a Romo hater, I love his story about going from an undrafted kid to being starter for "America's team" but man I think he's overrated to a certain degree now. Cowboys fans talk about him the same way that people in New Orleans talk about Brees or people in Wisconsin talk about Favre or Rodgers.

No matter what team Romo ends up on next, he's gonna get injured there very quickly. I hope the backup for whatever team Romo signs with is good because that backup will play more games than Romo will next season.

Unless of course, Romo does sign as the backup :lol:


Romo got the Cowboys to a handful of NCF Title games? When did this happen?


I missed that little quip. Got so wrapped up in him being "a hero" I went there first. Good catch.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Voldemort
Freshman
Posts: 90
And1: 31
Joined: Mar 11, 2017
 

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#314 » by Voldemort » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:13 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Voldemort wrote:I don't understand why Romo's seen as some kind of a hero. He hasn't done anything for there Cowboys in terms of playoff success, he has never won them a Super Bowl and has never taken them to the Super Bowl. He's only even taken them to the NFC Title games a handful of times.

I'm not a Romo hater, I love his story about going from an undrafted kid to being starter for "America's team" but man I think he's overrated to a certain degree now. Cowboys fans talk about him the same way that people in New Orleans talk about Brees or people in Wisconsin talk about Favre or Rodgers.

No matter what team Romo ends up on next, he's gonna get injured there very quickly. I hope the backup for whatever team Romo signs with is good because that backup will play more games than Romo will next season.

Unless of course, Romo does sign as the backup :lol:


Not sure anyone sees him as a hero... but he is clearly an upgrade to the QB situation in both Houston and Denver. And yes - they had better keep him healthy if they want any value out of him.

Cowboys fans do...they treat him like he's kind of legend even though he hasn't accomplished anything for them.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#315 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 am

Voldemort wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Voldemort wrote:I don't understand why Romo's seen as some kind of a hero. He hasn't done anything for there Cowboys in terms of playoff success, he has never won them a Super Bowl and has never taken them to the Super Bowl. He's only even taken them to the NFC Title games a handful of times.

I'm not a Romo hater, I love his story about going from an undrafted kid to being starter for "America's team" but man I think he's overrated to a certain degree now. Cowboys fans talk about him the same way that people in New Orleans talk about Brees or people in Wisconsin talk about Favre or Rodgers.

No matter what team Romo ends up on next, he's gonna get injured there very quickly. I hope the backup for whatever team Romo signs with is good because that backup will play more games than Romo will next season.

Unless of course, Romo does sign as the backup :lol:


Not sure anyone sees him as a hero... but he is clearly an upgrade to the QB situation in both Houston and Denver. And yes - they had better keep him healthy if they want any value out of him.

Cowboys fans do...they treat him like he's kind of legend even though he hasn't accomplished anything for them.


Not all of us. Some of us think Danny White was better. Don Meredith too.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,522
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#316 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:49 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Voldemort wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Not sure anyone sees him as a hero... but he is clearly an upgrade to the QB situation in both Houston and Denver. And yes - they had better keep him healthy if they want any value out of him.

Cowboys fans do...they treat him like he's kind of legend even though he hasn't accomplished anything for them.


Not all of us. Some of us think Danny White was better. Don Meredith too.


Those 3 are definitely on the same tier when it comes to Dallas Cowboys lore. Romo is not on the same level as Roger or Troy.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#317 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Voldemort wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Voldemort wrote:I don't understand why Romo's seen as some kind of a hero. He hasn't done anything for there Cowboys in terms of playoff success, he has never won them a Super Bowl and has never taken them to the Super Bowl. He's only even taken them to the NFC Title games a handful of times.

I'm not a Romo hater, I love his story about going from an undrafted kid to being starter for "America's team" but man I think he's overrated to a certain degree now. Cowboys fans talk about him the same way that people in New Orleans talk about Brees or people in Wisconsin talk about Favre or Rodgers.

No matter what team Romo ends up on next, he's gonna get injured there very quickly. I hope the backup for whatever team Romo signs with is good because that backup will play more games than Romo will next season.

Unless of course, Romo does sign as the backup :lol:


Not sure anyone sees him as a hero... but he is clearly an upgrade to the QB situation in both Houston and Denver. And yes - they had better keep him healthy if they want any value out of him.

Cowboys fans do...they treat him like he's kind of legend even though he hasn't accomplished anything for them.

Don't ya just love it when America's Team haters tell us how WE FEEL, or should feel? :crazy:
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#318 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Texans owner: Jerry Jones 'between a rock and a hard place' in Cowboys' Tony Romo dilemma
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/03/29/texans-owner-jerry-jones-rock-hard-place-cowboys-tony-romo-dilemma

"He saw the trade we made. He [Jerry Jones] wants to make a trade. I understand that. But he's between a rock and a hard place with that."

Bob McNair to USA TODAY


That was a dumb comment. From what I see, the only one who is between a rock and a hard place is the owner of a team with a championship defense and Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden as his QB's. Especially if the best "soon-to-be" available QB on the market decides to retire and go into broadcasting.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#319 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Texans owner: Jerry Jones 'between a rock and a hard place' in Cowboys' Tony Romo dilemma
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/03/29/texans-owner-jerry-jones-rock-hard-place-cowboys-tony-romo-dilemma

"He saw the trade we made. He [Jerry Jones] wants to make a trade. I understand that. But he's between a rock and a hard place with that."

Bob McNair to USA TODAY


That was a dumb comment. From what I see, the only one who is between a rock and a hard place is the owner of a team with a championship defense and Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden as his QB's. Especially if the best "soon-to-be" available QB on the market decides to retire and go into broadcasting.

totally agree Otis. We are still in a great spot here. I think he made that statement because he will end up with egg on his face if Romo goes somewhere else or retires leaving them with Tom savage, lmao here. :rofl:
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where will Romo Go after this year? 

Post#320 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 4, 2017 12:03 pm

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to The General NFL Board