Week 13 Matchups and Games Discussion

Moderator: bwgood77

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: Week 13 Matchups and Games Discussion 

Post#181 » by bleu » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:35 am

Get this **** off of my television. I haven't been this disappointed in a Panthers team effort in a LONG time. Flat out awful. Even though it's been a bummer year at least the team has had food effort in every game until tonight. Pitiful.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#182 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:38 am

bleu wrote:Get this **** off of my television. I haven't been this disappointed in a Panthers team effort in a LONG time. Flat out awful. Even though it's been a bummer year at least the team has had food effort in every game until tonight. Pitiful.

There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#183 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:00 am

Beastmode coming out of retirement. Put him in the game!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#184 » by bleu » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:47 am

I sincerely apologize on behalf of my piece of **** football team to anyone who wanted to watch a good football game tonight. That was quite embarrassing.

The Seahawks are a DAMN good team. I've watched them many times this year and I think they have a very good shot at the Super Bowl. I really hope that Earl Thomas is okay, that guy is a special player. However, I think that even without him they are going to do well in the post season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#185 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:56 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

:banghead: :censored:

:rofl:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#186 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:37 am

bleu wrote:I sincerely apologize on behalf of my piece of **** football team to anyone who wanted to watch a good football game tonight. That was quite embarrassing.

The Seahawks are a DAMN good team. I've watched them many times this year and I think they have a very good shot at the Super Bowl. I really hope that Earl Thomas is okay, that guy is a special player. However, I think that even without him they are going to do well in the post season.

I think it might come down to home field advantage. But I think Dallas, with two rookies leading the way could easily be overwhelmed in a playoff game against the Seahawks with all of their playoff experience.

There are some scrappy teams in there though...TB has beaten KC, Seattle and San Diego (who are better than most probably think) the last few weeks.

Detroit is looking strong too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#187 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:38 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

:banghead: :censored:

:rofl:

That is not something that is acceptable on this forum. Laughing at other people's injuries.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#188 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:47 am

bleu wrote:Get this **** off of my television. I haven't been this disappointed in a Panthers team effort in a LONG time. Flat out awful. Even though it's been a bummer year at least the team has had food effort in every game until tonight. Pitiful.

I can't decide if it is worse for a fan to watch a team look talented and barely blow a bunch of games or just get flatly blown out. I have watched every Chargers game intently and the games they have lost have always been in question to the final minutes, all to get my wind taken out at the very end.

The positives are they hang with just about anyone despite season ending injuries to like 3-5 of their top 10 players. Bosa is looking good and they should be better than any AFC west team next year if healthy other than maybe Oakland.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#189 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:06 am

bwgood77 wrote:There are some scrappy teams in there though...TB has beaten KC, Seattle and San Diego (who are better than most probably think) the last few weeks.

Absolutely. Tampa is good. Like playoff contender good. I would not be shocked if they won that division over Atlanta. Watching last week's game I couldn't believe they were just a .500 team. They looked like the real deal to me. Winston is good. Mike Evans is a stud. Their line is solid. And their defense is sneaky good. A very Physical team.

Detroit is good too. Can score on anyone.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#190 » by bleu » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:14 am

I'm much more sold on Tampa Bay than I am on Detroit. I don't think that I view either as "contenders", but Tampa Bay is a step closer IMO.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#191 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:There are some scrappy teams in there though...TB has beaten KC, Seattle and San Diego (who are better than most probably think) the last few weeks.

Absolutely. Tampa is good. Like playoff contender good. I would not be shocked if they won that division over Atlanta. Watching last week's game I couldn't believe they were just a .500 team. They looked like the real deal to me. Winston is good. Mike Evans is a stud. Their line is solid. And their defense is sneaky good. A very Physical team.

At this point, I completely agree about Tampa. Atlanta seems to be fading at the worst possible time of the season and the Bucs seem to be peaking. Schedule has a few challenges (like December 18) but they don't seem to be in awe of the moment.

Lions are for real. As you said about the Bucs... their defense is "sneaky good". Their running game isn't much but Stafford is wonderful. And - in terms of how that December 26 game might come into play, the Lions might have a little bone to pick with my heroes (remember the 2014 Playoffs).

Cowboys get to see both Tampa and Detroit. Good tests for the new blood in the league.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#192 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:34 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

At this point, I completely agree about Tampa. Atlanta seems to be fading at the worst possible time of the season and the Bucs seem to be peaking. Schedule has a few challenges (like December 18) but they don't seem to be in awe of the moment.

Lions are for real. As you said about the Bucs... their defense is "sneaky good". Their running game isn't much but Stafford is wonderful. And - in terms of how that December 26 game might come into play, the Lions might have a little bone to pick with my heroes (remember the 2014 Playoffs).

Cowboys get to see both Tampa and Detroit. Good tests for the new blood in the league.

Yes, it will be interesting to see if Dak can keep pace with Stafford and Winston in those games. With the huge aid of the line and Elliott, he should be able to.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#193 » by amcoolio » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:00 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I can't decide if it is worse for a fan to watch a team look talented and barely blow a bunch of games or just get flatly blown out. I have watched every Chargers game intently and the games they have lost have always been in question to the final minutes, all to get my wind taken out at the very end.

The positives are they hang with just about anyone despite season ending injuries to like 3-5 of their top 10 players. Bosa is looking good and they should be better than any AFC west team next year if healthy other than maybe Oakland.

Panthers blew 5 games this season. 5 last minute losses on FG's. They are talented but that season opening loss against Denver where Cam got crushed and they missed the GW field goal set the tone for this season. Now they don't care, that was evident last night. We desperately need a top end talent in the top 5 of the draft. I pray we lose out
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#194 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:28 pm

amcoolio wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Panthers blew 5 games this season. 5 last minute losses on FG's. They are talented but that season opening loss against Denver where Cam got crushed and they missed the GW field goal set the tone for this season. Now they don't care, that was evident last night. We desperately need a top end talent in the top 5 of the draft. I pray we lose out

I can't figure Carolina out this year. After coming off such a dominant season. No one saw this coming. Is it simply a Super Bowl hangover that is to blame? The Hawks suffered through one at the start of 2015, but they eventually got it together. Or has Ron Rivera lost the locker room? Watching last night unfold, I think its the latter. The whole Cam benching at the start of the game. Seeing Kuechly get into an argument with Rivera on the sideline. It appears he has or is in the process of losing the team. Its unfortunate. But, I think a change in coaching is on the horizon.

I really don't think its a lack of talent. Sure missing Kuechly is huge (at the moment). But, outside of Norman, isn't it practically the same team?
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#195 » by amcoolio » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:13 pm

Bradberry, the rookie, is actually graded higher this year than Norman. The problems like with the defensive and offensive line, safeties, and coaching. Cam and the Panthers have had the same coaches for 5 years now. They are an execution based defense and offense, and when those players aren't executing, then everything unravels. Its the same offense over and over, and teams have them figured out by now. Its appalling that we are still running read option with all the backups on the offensive line.

Jabrill Peppers, come on down!
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Post#196 » by CDior510 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:22 pm

I think it's Cam. He's never had a great attitude, but it seemed like last year was an anomaly in space time with him he toned down his attitude and just played. Now he seems worse than his rookie year, like he's going to be a "if I get my stats good, if not i'll still get paid because I'm the face of this franchise" kinda guy, and I think that's terrible. I think that Super Bowl loss, and his play in the Super Bowl is going to set him back at least two years, hopefully not the rest of his career. The lost Norman, Jared Allen and other veterans, most of their young guys are starters or the locker room voices, a guy like Jared Allen no matter how old, brought passion and that drive for a championship to there locker room and defense. They've been giving up tons of points this year and with Kuechly's health they may be on a downward spiral.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#197 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:32 pm

Tied for 24th in total Defense...
17th in total Offense...

It's way more than just Cam although he is part of the problem.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#198 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Dec 6, 2016 12:01 am

Y'all enjoy tonight's game. I'll be catching up on the DVR and RAW.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#199 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:16 am

Colts playing well on national tv for a change.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#200 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:33 am

The Regime wrote:Colts playing well on national tv for a change.

It's almost like they're playing the Texans.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.

Return to The General NFL Board