Gus Bradley Fired

Moderator: bwgood77

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Gus Bradley Fired 

Post#21 » by FNQ » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:30 pm

I dont know if Bradley was necessarily responsible for the Hawks D, a hinderance, or whatever. I just know that KNJ has not done very well call-wise with a lot of talent, and Bradley has experience with this type of defense. Quinn may have made it better, but Bradley was there for its beginning and might be able to add on to what KNJ began.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Re: Gus Bradley Fired 

Post#22 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:53 pm

FNQ wrote:I dont know if Bradley was necessarily responsible for the Hawks D, a hinderance, or whatever. I just know that KNJ has not done very well call-wise with a lot of talent, and Bradley has experience with this type of defense. Quinn may have made it better, but Bradley was there for its beginning and might be able to add on to what KNJ began.

To give you a quick summary on him. Gus took over as the DC in 2009 when Jim Mora Jr. was the coach. That team was bad (5-11). Not a whole lot of talent with an aging core. Anyway, when Pete was hired, Gus stayed on as the DC. Because he ran pretty much the same defense that Pete used. But, the roster at that point was still near the bottom as far as talent. With mixed results along the way. Gus got the Jacksonville job in large part due to that 2012 team with Pete's hand picked players. It always comes down to talent in the end. If he has the players, he'll be a good DC. I always liked Norton. I wish he had stayed on Pete's staff. An excellent linebackers coach.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to The General NFL Board