Who do you think are the best coaching candidates?

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Who do you think are the best coaching candidates? 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 9, 2017 9:08 pm

NFL Network just reported that they expect the Jaguar's to hire Doug Marrone.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#22 » by JaxMagic » Mon Jan 9, 2017 11:26 pm

Yup, Marrone will be the HC and they are also hiring Tom Coughlin as the VP of Football Ops.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:11 am

JaxMagic wrote:Yup, Marrone will be the HC and they are also hiring Tom Coughlin as the VP of Football Ops.

Jaguars made good choices there along with their last 2 drafts. Now the question is what the hell to do about Bortles.
jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#24 » by jackwindham » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:17 am

We don't actually know what Coughlin is going to be like as an executive vice president, do we?
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by JaxMagic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:57 pm

jackwindham wrote:We don't actually know what Coughlin is going to be like as an executive vice president, do we?

It hasn't been laid out yet but the one thing that has come out is everyone on the football side of the house will answer to Coughlin. I really don't think this will be some laid back deskjob/mascot job for Coughlin, because that's not the type of person that he is. I have to believe he is going to be VERY involved. If Coughlin is having his hand in personnel moves then they essentially have 4 GMs on the staff - Tom Coughlin, Dave Caldwell, John Idzik, and Chris Polian lol.

The Jags are holding a press conference Thursday morning so I am sure it will all get laid out then.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm

JaxMagic wrote:
jackwindham wrote:We don't actually know what Coughlin is going to be like as an executive vice president, do we?

It hasn't been laid out yet but the one thing that has come out is everyone on the football side of the house will answer to Coughlin. I really don't think this will be some laid back deskjob/mascot job for Coughlin, because that's not the type of person that he is. I have to believe he is going to be VERY involved. If Coughlin is having his hand in personnel moves then they essentially have 4 GMs on the staff - Tom Coughlin, Dave Caldwell, John Idzik, and Chris Polian lol.

The Jags are holding a press conference Thursday morning so I am sure it will all get laid out then.

So... Marrone. Thoughts? Personally, I find it a solid hire. I've seen the criticism over him quitting Buffalo. Hell - I don't blame him.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by JaxMagic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
JaxMagic wrote:

So... Marrone. Thoughts? Personally, I find it a solid hire. I've seen the criticism over him quitting Buffalo. Hell - I don't blame him.

I'll admit he wasn't my top choice but if I looked at him inside a vacuum (and separate him from the Bradley debacle), he's not a bad choice. A lot more people in Jax feel a little better knowing that Coughlin will be around and we are encouraged that it seems Marrone will be gutting the staff.

There have been a few players that have hinted that the aspect that this (young) team has been lacking is accountability and discipline. I am very certain that the Marrone/Coughlin combo will bring that to this team. This team will be in for a rude awakening going from Gus Bradley to Bill Parcells-lite. I'm pretty sure the days of the ping pong tables in the locker room are over lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Jeff Fisher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone, lmao.

Return to The General NFL Board