Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 11,870
And1: 2,240
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#41 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:15 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Hopefully the citizens and state population don't have to pay for the Las Vegas Stadium.


I don't see that happening. I can't imagine the Nevada residents being willing to pony up that kind of cash. If they can't raise the money within Vegas, I'd bet the Raiders stay in Oakland. With a new stadium.

Hopefully.
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,079
And1: 963
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#42 » by bleu » Sat Feb 4, 2017 5:09 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Hopefully the citizens and state population don't have to pay for the Las Vegas Stadium.


I don't see that happening. I can't imagine the Nevada residents being willing to pony up that kind of cash. If they can't raise the money within Vegas, I'd bet the Raiders stay in Oakland. With a new stadium.

Hopefully.


The plan is to fund a huge chunk of it with hotel tax so you hit the tourists instead of the residents. Of course, with Adleson pulling out it may hurt that plan, but there are enough big wigs in Vegas who would kill for their casino to be the "official casino of the Las Vegas Raiders" that I think it's still gonna happen.
GoRapstheoriginal
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,863
And1: 269
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
       

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#43 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Feb 4, 2017 6:44 am

http://deadspin.com/reports-goldman-sachs-also-pulling-out-of-raiders-stad-1791842937

Not just Adelson, Goldman Sachs has reportedly pulled out as well.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,643
And1: 691
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#44 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:16 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:http://deadspin.com/reports-goldman-sachs-also-pulling-out-of-raiders-stad-1791842937

Not just Adelson, Goldman Sachs has reportedly pulled out as well.


I was about to post the same thing. Thanks.

Time for Oakland to get serious and do a deal!
Image
bsjaffe6
Freshman
Posts: 66
And1: 10
Joined: Jan 28, 2017
         

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#45 » by bsjaffe6 » Sat Feb 4, 2017 8:27 pm

funny thing is Oakland has had years to get serious even the NFL doesn't think they can pull it together. even funnier the city of San Diego has offered themselves as an alternative but i think heads would explode if that happens
DoItALL9
Junior
Posts: 400
And1: 77
Joined: Oct 08, 2016
       

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#46 » by DoItALL9 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:07 am

It makes the most sense for the Raiders to move to L.A. and the Chargers to move to Las Vegas.

Sent from my LG-H901 using RealGM mobile app
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,095
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 1, 2017 5:18 pm

Looks like the Raiders finally have some investors to keep the Team in Oakland. Too bad San Diego couldn't follow suit even though they did come up with $$$$$ for their baseball stadium.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Head Coach
Posts: 6,961
And1: 2,752
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#48 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:38 am

Torchmode wrote:They hate us cause they aint us. Simple as that
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,643
And1: 691
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#49 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like the Raiders finally have some investors to keep the Team in Oakland. Too bad San Diego couldn't follow suit even though they did come up with $$$$$ for their baseball stadium.


Nope. Ain't happening. I hate it. But the NFL has been wanting this (Raiders to Vegas) and what they want they usually get.
Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 39,650
And1: 4,496
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#50 » by magnumt » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:17 pm

It's Official!

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


--Mags :beer:
      #JoshJackson2Knicks
          :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,718
And1: 929
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
   

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#51 » by shawn_hemp » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:24 pm

they wont mess with the uniform though right? I cant see them doing that

The Raiders jersey is a classic
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,788
And1: 12,202
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#52 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm

PHOENIX -- The Oakland Raiders will move to Las Vegas after garnering enough votes from NFL owners on Monday to relocate to Southern Nevada.

The Raiders received 31 of 32 votes to approve the move. Twenty-four votes were needed. The Miami Dolphins were the only team to vote against the move, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Raiders will still play in Oakland in 2017, and possibly longer. With a 65,000-seat domed stadium that will cost $1.9 billion to be shared with UNLV not expected to open until 2020, Raiders owner Mark Davis has told ESPN he plans on staying in Oakland the next two seasons. The team holds a pair of one-year options at the Oakland Coliseum.


http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19016323/raiders-move-las-vegas-approved-31-1
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,788
And1: 12,202
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#53 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:23 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:they wont mess with the uniform though right? I cant see them doing that

The Raiders jersey is a classic


Nah, no way. Now I have a reason to go to Vegas once a year starting in 2020 to see the Chargers.
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,718
And1: 929
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
   

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#54 » by shawn_hemp » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:25 pm

I wonder if they will have a bookmaking operation in the stadium?

remember when the NFL tried to distance itself from gambling?

LOL
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,788
And1: 12,202
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 11,870
And1: 2,240
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#56 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like the Raiders finally have some investors to keep the Team in Oakland. Too bad San Diego couldn't follow suit even though they did come up with $$$$$ for their baseball stadium.


Nope. Ain't happening. I hate it. But the NFL has been wanting this (Raiders to Vegas) and what they want they usually get.

Get your draft king tickets radier nation. Less traffic in the Oakland area?
User avatar
Aurelius
Ballboy
Posts: 21
And1: 26
Joined: Feb 16, 2017

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#57 » by Aurelius » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Will the NFL stop fighting against legalizing sports betting nationwide now? Hypocrites..
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 11,870
And1: 2,240
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#58 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Aurelius wrote:Will the NFL stop fighting against legalizing sports betting nationwide now? Hypocrites..

Seriously.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,095
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Aurelius wrote:Will the NFL stop fighting against legalizing sports betting nationwide now? Hypocrites..

This move was pure and simple stability for an organization and economics. Please.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Head Coach
Posts: 6,961
And1: 2,752
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Looks like Raiders may move to Vegas 

Post#60 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Read on Twitter


:crazy:
Torchmode wrote:They hate us cause they aint us. Simple as that

Return to The General NFL Board