RealGM
And1: 3,242

Re: Kaepernick and Cutler 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Phoenix. Staying with fam. Weather is good. :D

Thinking about moving down here! :wink:

Does that mean you will jump ship and join on the Cardinal bandwagon if you decide to move? :naaa:

Hell NO! There are likely more Hawks fans down here, anyway! :lol:

I remember when the Cardinals were called the Phoenix Cardinals. Every time we went to play them it seemed like a home game there for us. More Cowboy fans than Cardinal, :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:57 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Unless Cleveland wants to continue being Cleveland, they better give this regime no less than three years, but really ought to be four. That means, they have no business screwing around with a veteran QB or expecting more than 4-5 wins this year. I'd be using all these draft picks this year on O-line after snagging Garrett number one overall. That way, you have some young guys with a year of experience playing together to protect the guy you grab in the much better QB class of 2018,
Of course, they could always go this way. Trade a bunch of picks for Garropollo and get him killed on what is presently a garbage team, then fire your new coach at the end of the season because he wasn't able to squeeze wins out of that dumpster fire.

Over $100 million in cap space by the way.
A respected defensive coordinator:apparently Williams must think the team has talent.
Quarterback:Tyrod Taylor may be available, Glennon isn't a bad option, and Cutler would be my third option. Inconsistent, but has had many good seasons.
Offensive line:Greco and Bitonio both got injured last year. Cam Irving showed potential at right tackle. Need Joe Thomas' eventual replacement at left tackle in the draft(preferrably one who can play left and right tackle), and possibly a guard or Center. With health the offensive line isn't in horrible shape.
Wide receiver:need one if Pryor leaves. I've given up on Gordon at this point.
Running backs are okay.
Defense:need two defensive linemen, one or two safeties, a cornerback, and one linebacker.

Free agency(assuming Pryor leaves):one offensive linemen, quarterback, defensive linemen, safety, and cornerback.
Draft:Garrett, best wide receiver at 12, linebacker, and one or two offensive linemen.
Cap space coming into the year will be $40-50 million.
They can easily win 8 games or more with a decent draft. 2018 season:Super Bowl isn't impossible. It's all about the draft and free agency.

So this is what losing badly for so many years does to you guys. Seeings how I'm known to be a betting man, when you get a chance, let me know how much you would like to wager on the Browns winning 8 or more games next year. I don't care how many draft picks you hit in this upcoming draft, I like making easy money. :rofl:
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#23 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:25 pm

You are proposing grabbing a journeyman QB for no reason other than to grab a journeyman QB. No team that is in the search for a franchise QB or QB of the future has any business wasting time on stop gap QBs. They need to have a plan in place on how they are going to get the real deal. Any half assed veteran who plays between now and then is just a waste of snaps. They have a QB with a pulse that isn't their long term answer. Let's not kid ourselves with that whole "gives us our best chance to win now" nonsense. Finding a franchise QB is more important than winning now. Cody Kessler should be your starter next year. They can use that salary cap space for the time being on creating a good situation when a real QB finally does arrive.
There is no reason they should lose Pryor with all that cap space. Plus, didn't they draft like 4 WRs in last year's draft? That shouldn't still be a position of need, at least not a high priority. If they throw away a 12th overall pick on a WR after drafting all those receivers last year, that team isn't going to the playoffs for another ten years.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#24 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Does that mean you will jump ship and join on the Cardinal bandwagon if you decide to move? :naaa:

Hell NO! There are likely more Hawks fans down here, anyway! :lol:

I remember when the Cardinals were called the Phoenix Cardinals. Every time we went to play them it seemed like a home game there for us. More Cowboy fans than Cardinal, :lol:

Who are you kidding? You remember watching Dan Dierdorf, Jim Hart and the St. Louis Cardinals in old Busch Stadium.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:48 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Hell NO! There are likely more Hawks fans down here, anyway! :lol:

Who are you kidding? You remember watching Dan Dierdorf, Jim Hart and the St. Louis Cardinals in old Busch Stadium.

And we even had a winning record in old Busch Stadium wearing our old blue jersey jinx uniforms ! :lol:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:54 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Hell NO! There are likely more Hawks fans down here, anyway! :lol:

You forgot Terry Metcalf, Larry Wilson and Roger Wehrli
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:59 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I remember when the Cardinals were called the Phoenix Cardinals. Every time we went to play them it seemed like a home game there for us. More Cowboy fans than Cardinal, :lol:

Weirli was a great pain in the ass db at times, wasn't he? :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:01 pm

Nevertheless, the Cardinals were pretty much irrelevant except for the Don Coryell years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:06 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I remember when the Cardinals were called the Phoenix Cardinals. Every time we went to play them it seemed like a home game there for us. More Cowboy fans than Cardinal, :lol:

By the way, thanks to you, I got addicted and went back and watched a bunch of Cowboy vintage games on u-tupe on my days off last week. Boy, do I really miss those days, even in some of the loses. :eyebrows: :upset: :angry: :rolleyes: :winkgrin:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#30 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Who are you kidding? You remember watching Dan Dierdorf, Jim Hart and the St. Louis Cardinals in old Busch Stadium.

Weirli was a great pain in the ass db at times, wasn't he? :nod:

Damn sure was...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#31 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 11:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Nevertheless, the Cardinals were pretty much irrelevant except for the Don Coryell years.

They had a couple good years in the mid 80s with Neil Lomax, Freddie Jo Nunn, Stump Mitchell and Roy Green when you all were starting to flounder a little.

Return to The General NFL Board