NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date)

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,195
And1: 11,667
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
User avatar
Ayatollah
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,855
And1: 1,450
Joined: Jul 04, 2009
Location: Southern Germany
   

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#2 » by Ayatollah » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:25 am

I´m no draft expert (in German pay-TV we can still watch only a few college football games) but I think this year´s QB class is weak. It wouldn´t be a surprise if defensive players will be picked first, especially with guys like Garrett and Hooker
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,483
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Ayatollah wrote:I´m no draft expert (in German pay-TV we can still watch only a few college football games) but I think this year´s QB class is weak. It wouldn´t be a surprise if defensive players will be picked first, especially with guys like Garrett and Hooker


Consensus here is this draft is deep on defense and particularly with edge rushers and DB's. Which (of course) dovetails nicely into the needs for the local team I support.

By the way - I'm certainly no draft expert either. But I follow some real good ones on Twitter. One in particular I recommend to everyone looking for recommendations is The Sports Narrative. These guys really do their homework and are partners with the local sports talk legend (Norm Hitzges) in preparing for the draft each year. If you are so inclined, here's a link to their Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/sportsnarrative

Definitely worth your time. And from a credibility standpoint, they had Dak ranked higher than anyone but the top 3 QB's (Goff, Lynch and Wentz) last year with compelling arguments to support him. They were right.
31 Unanswered Points
User avatar
The Regime
RealGM
Posts: 13,707
And1: 1,709
Joined: Feb 04, 2011
   

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#4 » by The Regime » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:22 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the draft, but how the **** did OJ Howard climb up and draft board so quick? I realize he was criminally underutilized in Bama for much if not all of his career, but 4?
User avatar
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,370
And1: 5,850
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Houston, TX
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#5 » by jwise44 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Wow they have trubisky falling all the way to us? That would be pretty nice but we still need an o-line to protect and another weapon for him or he's screwed...hopefully if that happens we still get romo to give trubisky a year (or in romos most likely scenario a few games) to get adjusted
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS KNICKS
laika
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,749
And1: 855
Joined: Mar 22, 2011

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#6 » by laika » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 pm

I think Watson is the most interesting player in the draft.
Supposedly most NFL teams do not rate him as a first round caliber player. But why?
The most cited concern is accuracy. But Winston was at least as inaccurate and he went #1 overall. I know it's just one game, but I don't think you can ignore Watson's championship game performance. People were talking about Alabama as having the greatest defense ever before that game and Watson shredded them.
I think the Browns would be crazy to pass on Watson at 12. Winning matters as a QB, and they need a QB in the worst way.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:25 am

jwise44 wrote:Wow they have trubisky falling all the way to us? That would be pretty nice but we still need an o-line to protect and another weapon for him or he's screwed...hopefully if that happens we still get romo to give trubisky a year (or in romos most likely scenario a few games) to get adjusted

I'm hearing Romo doesn't want to go to Houston now.
User avatar
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,370
And1: 5,850
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Houston, TX
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#8 » by jwise44 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Wow they have trubisky falling all the way to us? That would be pretty nice but we still need an o-line to protect and another weapon for him or he's screwed...hopefully if that happens we still get romo to give trubisky a year (or in romos most likely scenario a few games) to get adjusted

I'm hearing Romo doesn't want to go to Houston now.

I was talking to my uncle today who knows people that run in his circle apparently and he's a die hard cowboys fan and he said it was basically a done deal him coming here short of broncos trading for him
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS KNICKS
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:00 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Wow they have trubisky falling all the way to us? That would be pretty nice but we still need an o-line to protect and another weapon for him or he's screwed...hopefully if that happens we still get romo to give trubisky a year (or in romos most likely scenario a few games) to get adjusted

I'm hearing Romo doesn't want to go to Houston now.

I was talking to my uncle today who knows people that run in his circle apparently and he's a die hard cowboys fan and he said it was basically a done deal him coming here short of broncos trading for him

Why don't you guys make a trade before you lose out again? Tick talk, tick talk, :lol: After all its not like you don't have the money and cap space. Oops, I think I already said this before. This is just another reason why you guys always and will always play second fiddle to the Cowboys in the great state of Texas. You guys have sure botched this off season so far.

Return to The General NFL Board