NFL Draft Discussion

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,142
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 8, 2017 2:09 am

Well, I don't watch ESPN so I don't know where that came from. As many red flag players we have had over the years thanks to Jerry, I know how certain red flag players can effect a teams over all culture.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 8, 2017 3:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well, I don't watch ESPN so I don't know where that came from. As many red flag players we have had over the years thanks to Jerry, I know how certain red flag players can effect a teams over all culture.


They sure can. Doesn't mean I will completely dismiss bringing one in with "red flags" but I (and you) don't need any more Greg Hardy's.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,108
And1: 977
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#23 » by bleu » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:58 am

If my Panthers pick up a damn running back with their first round pick I may drink myself into a rest-of-the-offseason coma
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 7,544
And1: 3,117
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:08 am

bleu wrote:If my Panthers pick up a damn running back with their first round pick I may drink myself into a rest-of-the-offseason coma

What moves have they made? Any? Haven't followed.
"When the Seahawks won the title, I was imagining how the city would have felt with both teams here, It would have been electric. It would have been something we’ve never seen before, something no city has seen before.” -KD
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,108
And1: 977
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#25 » by bleu » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:31 am

Not a ton. They signed Mike Adams, brought back Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn, and signed Charles Johnson. And had some key re-signings. But overall a pretty quiet offseason.

I'm not opposed to picking up a RB, I've never felt like Jonathan Stewart is anything special. But an early first rounder isn't the way to go about getting one. I even really like Fournette, but if we waste that pick on him I'll be pissed.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 7,544
And1: 3,117
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:57 am

I forgot Peppers was still playing. He's got to be in his mid to upper 30's.
"When the Seahawks won the title, I was imagining how the city would have felt with both teams here, It would have been electric. It would have been something we’ve never seen before, something no city has seen before.” -KD
User avatar
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,599
And1: 5,969
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Houston, TX
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#27 » by jwise44 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:37 am

bleu wrote:Not a ton. They signed Mike Adams, brought back Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn, and signed Charles Johnson. And had some key re-signings. But overall a pretty quiet offseason.

I'm not opposed to picking up a RB, I've never felt like Jonathan Stewart is anything special. But an early first rounder isn't the way to go about getting one. I even really like Fournette, but if we waste that pick on him I'll be pissed.

As someone who is forcefed watching lsu games all year long due to family and friends...I think fournette is going to be better than zeke was last year even without the Cowboys o-line (he honestly didn't even try last year at lsu)

The guy has injury concerns, but I feel they're overblown. he is super human when he's at full health


But then again since my whole family is louisianian which means lsu fan since birth I may just be buying into the hype too much...I'd love to see cam get a running back like that (what I think he can be) as a huge cam fan
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS KNICKS
User avatar
Mind_Odyssey
Junior
Posts: 387
And1: 367
Joined: Jan 28, 2017
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#28 » by Mind_Odyssey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:12 pm

The Fournette at #1 is rumors put out by his agent. Watch, you're gonna start hearing the agents of QBs start saying the same things.
Image
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,108
And1: 977
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#29 » by bleu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:The Fournette at #1 is rumors put out by his agent. Watch, you're gonna start hearing the agents of QBs start saying the same things.


Yeah, there is absolutely no chance. None. I would be surprised if he's picked in the top 10.
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,108
And1: 977
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#30 » by bleu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:36 am

jwise44 wrote:
bleu wrote:Not a ton. They signed Mike Adams, brought back Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn, and signed Charles Johnson. And had some key re-signings. But overall a pretty quiet offseason.

I'm not opposed to picking up a RB, I've never felt like Jonathan Stewart is anything special. But an early first rounder isn't the way to go about getting one. I even really like Fournette, but if we waste that pick on him I'll be pissed.

As someone who is forcefed watching lsu games all year long due to family and friends...I think fournette is going to be better than zeke was last year even without the Cowboys o-line (he honestly didn't even try last year at lsu)

The guy has injury concerns, but I feel they're overblown. he is super human when he's at full health


But then again since my whole family is louisianian which means lsu fan since birth I may just be buying into the hype too much...I'd love to see cam get a running back like that (what I think he can be) as a huge cam fan


Interesting, thanks for the perspective. I can't say I watched him a ton at LSU but I'm just so so against picking up running backs in the early first round. Unless they are sure franchise changers like Zeke was. I think so many teams waste those valuable early picks on dime-a-dozen guys.

But at the same time I do know that Cam at this age and health desperately needs some help in the running game. I would just prefer they grab one with their late first or early second round pick. Or use one of those to get one from another team. Then use the first to get an OT.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,142
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:50 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bleu wrote:Not a ton. They signed Mike Adams, brought back Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn, and signed Charles Johnson. And had some key re-signings. But overall a pretty quiet offseason.

I'm not opposed to picking up a RB, I've never felt like Jonathan Stewart is anything special. But an early first rounder isn't the way to go about getting one. I even really like Fournette, but if we waste that pick on him I'll be pissed.

As someone who is forcefed watching lsu games all year long due to family and friends...I think fournette is going to be better than zeke was last year even without the Cowboys o-line (he honestly didn't even try last year at lsu)

The guy has injury concerns, but I feel they're overblown. he is super human when he's at full health


But then again since my whole family is louisianian which means lsu fan since birth I may just be buying into the hype too much...I'd love to see cam get a running back like that (what I think he can be) as a huge cam fan

Really. You really want that type of characteristic in a player? A player who doesn't try and give it his all every time he plays. I'll bet you anything you want that he won't be better than Zek. You are just getting foolish now and have given us Cowboy fans just another chuckle and reason why you will ALWAYS play second fiddle us. You guys should try playing fiddle and see if your even good at that. :lol:
User avatar
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,599
And1: 5,969
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Houston, TX
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#32 » by jwise44 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
bleu wrote:Not a ton. They signed Mike Adams, brought back Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn, and signed Charles Johnson. And had some key re-signings. But overall a pretty quiet offseason.

I'm not opposed to picking up a RB, I've never felt like Jonathan Stewart is anything special. But an early first rounder isn't the way to go about getting one. I even really like Fournette, but if we waste that pick on him I'll be pissed.

As someone who is forcefed watching lsu games all year long due to family and friends...I think fournette is going to be better than zeke was last year even without the Cowboys o-line (he honestly didn't even try last year at lsu)

The guy has injury concerns, but I feel they're overblown. he is super human when he's at full health


But then again since my whole family is louisianian which means lsu fan since birth I may just be buying into the hype too much...I'd love to see cam get a running back like that (what I think he can be) as a huge cam fan

Really. You really want that type of characteristic in a player? A player who doesn't try and give it his all every time he plays. I'll bet you anything you want that he won't be better than Zek. You are just getting foolish now and have given us Cowboy fans just another chuckle and reason why you will ALWAYS play second fiddle us. You guys should try playing fiddle and see if your even good at that. :lol:

Yes, my opinion on one incoming rookie is clearly the reason the Texans aren't as good as the cowboys
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS KNICKS
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 75,541
And1: 19,480
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#33 » by hermes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 am

doovalacky

it's not about what you did, it's what other people say about how you said you felt about doing it
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 pm

bleu wrote:Interesting, thanks for the perspective. I can't say I watched him a ton at LSU but I'm just so so against picking up running backs in the early first round. Unless they are sure franchise changers like Zeke was. I think so many teams waste those valuable early picks on dime-a-dozen guys.

But at the same time I do know that Cam at this age and health desperately needs some help in the running game. I would just prefer they grab one with their late first or early second round pick. Or use one of those to get one from another team. Then use the first to get an OT.


I'm the same way about QB's. Unless you are absolutely certain the guy is a no-brainer, franchise changer then you are better off trusting your board and going after the best player available. There sure are a lot of GM's out there who will reach for one though. You watch - at least two or maybe three will go in the 1st round later this month. I'm not certain any of them are first round material.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,142
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:07 pm

I think the sleeper out of the bunch might be that Dobbs kid out of Tennessee.
User avatar
Mind_Odyssey
Junior
Posts: 387
And1: 367
Joined: Jan 28, 2017
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#36 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:16 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think the sleeper out of the bunch might be that Dobbs kid out of Tennessee.


I know Hue loves him. Even if we draft another QB high, Hue will want Dobbs with a late round pick.
Image
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,142
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:58 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:As someone who is forcefed watching lsu games all year long due to family and friends...I think fournette is going to be better than zeke was last year even without the Cowboys o-line (he honestly didn't even try last year at lsu)

The guy has injury concerns, but I feel they're overblown. he is super human when he's at full health


But then again since my whole family is louisianian which means lsu fan since birth I may just be buying into the hype too much...I'd love to see cam get a running back like that (what I think he can be) as a huge cam fan

Really. You really want that type of characteristic in a player? A player who doesn't try and give it his all every time he plays. I'll bet you anything you want that he won't be better than Zek. You are just getting foolish now and have given us Cowboy fans just another chuckle and reason why you will ALWAYS play second fiddle us. You guys should try playing fiddle and see if your even good at that. :lol:

Yes, my opinion on one incoming rookie is clearly the reason the Texans aren't as good as the cowboys

So your family is from Louisiana. Things are much clearer to me now, :lol: In that state, guys named Bubba go to law school.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#38 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Joe Mixon reaches settlement with woman he punched in 2014
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/21/joe-mixon-amelia-molitor-settlement

Joe Mixon has reached a settlement with Amelia Molitor, the woman he struck in 2014 while enrolled at Oklahoma.

The two parties issued a joint statement on Friday, saying they had met privately and amicably resolved and dismissed Molitor’s civil suit.

I'm thankful Mia and I were able to talk privately," Mixon said in the statement. "I was able to apologize to her one-to-one. The way I reacted that night, that's not me. That's not the way I was raised. I think she understands that. Talking together helps move us past what happened.

"I know I have to keep working to be a better person, and this is another step in that direction. I love working with kids, and I'm looking for more chances to do that kind of work. I want to lead a life that inspires them, and I hope I can lead by example from today forward."

SI.com


Still doesn't change the fact that a number of OU fans I know locally who have seen every play of his say he's dumb as a rock and a Trent Richardson starter kit. Buyer beware.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Mind_Odyssey
Junior
Posts: 387
And1: 367
Joined: Jan 28, 2017
       

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#39 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Prediction: Browns trade up to 5 for Mitch Trubisky. 12,52, and 5th and most likely a 2nd next year.
Image
User avatar
RaoulDuke79
Head Coach
Posts: 6,851
And1: 519
Joined: Jul 31, 2006
Location: The Bone Zone

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#40 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:58 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Joe Mixon reaches settlement with woman he punched in 2014
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/21/joe-mixon-amelia-molitor-settlement

Joe Mixon has reached a settlement with Amelia Molitor, the woman he struck in 2014 while enrolled at Oklahoma.

The two parties issued a joint statement on Friday, saying they had met privately and amicably resolved and dismissed Molitor’s civil suit.

I'm thankful Mia and I were able to talk privately," Mixon said in the statement. "I was able to apologize to her one-to-one. The way I reacted that night, that's not me. That's not the way I was raised. I think she understands that. Talking together helps move us past what happened.

"I know I have to keep working to be a better person, and this is another step in that direction. I love working with kids, and I'm looking for more chances to do that kind of work. I want to lead a life that inspires them, and I hope I can lead by example from today forward."


SI.com


Still doesn't change the fact that a number of OU fans I know locally who have seen every play of his say he's dumb as a rock and a Trent Richardson starter kit. Buyer beware.


'...and God, and the Bible..."

Image

Return to The General NFL Board