ROMO RETIRES!

Moderator: bwgood77

jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Re: ROMO RETIRES! 

Post#21 » by jwise44 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Good thing I have the day off. I think I will have a cocktail. I wish Otis and Mr. B lived around the corner. I would stop by and have a beer with them and vent.

Bjj looks like I'm rubbing off on you :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:12 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Good thing I have the day off. I think I will have a cocktail. I wish Otis and Mr. B lived around the corner. I would stop by and have a beer with them and vent.

Wonderful.
Mosdef505
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Mosdef505 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:36 am

Tony will never get the credit he deserves. For many years he was the only player that was worth talking about ....For many years he put Dallas on his back with almost no help.. but when Dallas didn't make playoffs ..He got all the blame..He always was the fall guy no matter what..He will always be one of my fav cowboys..... Thanks tony
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:37 pm

The real person that deserves most of the blame is you know who, J.J. However, I have seen so many int's from Homo over the years that are just unexplainable. I'm just glad the jinx is gone, but I will feel much better when he does his retirement papers to make it official for good. Too bad he can't Dez and Witten with him and they can go off together and make another sequel to Brokeback Mountain.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#25 » by RavenMad31 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The real person that deserves most of the blame is you know who, J.J. However, I have seen so many int's from Homo over the years that are just unexplainable. I'm just glad the jinx is gone, but I will feel much better when he does his retirement papers to make it official for good. Too bad he can't Dez and Witten with him and they can go off together and make another sequel to Brokeback Mountain.

You anxious to hear more of the Brokeback story, BJJ? Witten is slower than me, but he's been one of the most consistent players in all my years of watching football. I can't imagine liking the Cowboys and not liking him, unless you're just thinking it's time for him to hang 'em up.
Romo has a better TD to INT ratio than either of the other two Cowboy greats. It's easy to forget the mistakes of the great players in the pre-internet days. Dallas would have been a lock to be the only team to ever win it four times in a row if not for three INTs by Aikman against SF in the NFC Championship game, one returned for a TD that got the ball rolling early on. I have a feeling that one day, you're going to look back on his era and appreciate the fact that he never had much consistency around him and that he always played at a high level despite the Cowboy circus that he had to put up with. Just remember, BJJ, there's always a Quincy Carter lurking around out there, so you can do a lot worse than a guy who was always a top 5-7 QB in the league whenever he was healthy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:44 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The real person that deserves most of the blame is you know who, J.J. However, I have seen so many int's from Homo over the years that are just unexplainable. I'm just glad the jinx is gone, but I will feel much better when he does his retirement papers to make it official for good. Too bad he can't Dez and Witten with him and they can go off together and make another sequel to Brokeback Mountain.

You anxious to hear more of the Brokeback story, BJJ? Witten is slower than me, but he's been one of the most consistent players in all my years of watching football. I can't imagine liking the Cowboys and not liking him, unless you're just thinking it's time for him to hang 'em up.
Romo has a better TD to INT ratio than either of the other two Cowboy greats. It's easy to forget the mistakes of the great players in the pre-internet days. Dallas would have been a lock to be the only team to ever win it four times in a row if not for three INTs by Aikman against SF in the NFC Championship game, one returned for a TD that got the ball rolling early on. I have a feeling that one day, you're going to look back on his era and appreciate the fact that he never had much consistency around him and that he always played at a high level despite the Cowboy circus that he had to put up with. Just remember, BJJ, there's always a Quincy Carter lurking around out there, so you can do a lot worse than a guy who was always a top 5-7 QB in the league whenever he was healthy.

I do love Witten. I just think its time for him to hang it up. My reasons are for total rebuild of the defense and getting even younger at the same time. I actually feel bad for Witten. He will be our only Hall Of Famer without a ring. to take it a step farther, I'd also like to trade Dez after this upcoming season and get rid of his contract as well. I've always hated being held hostage by WR's and CB's.
And stats never tell the whole story either. Plus you can't compare stats from an offensive era vs. a defensive era, its just not fair. Bottom line with Romo, 2 playoff victories in 9 years and nothing beyond the divisional round speaks for itself. Referring to the Aikman in the 1995 NFC championship game. Were were a mash unit of injuries in that game. If everyone was healthy in that game it may have been a different story.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:50 am

jwise44 wrote:

Well, along with this, my Cardinals are off to a bad start. So I'm drinking a little this week. I should be somewhat happy with my tar Heels though.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#28 » by jwise44 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:04 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:

Well, along with this, my Cardinals are off to a bad start. So I'm drinking a little this week. I should be somewhat happy with my tar Heels though.

That's it...come to the dark side!!!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:06 am

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Bjj looks like I'm rubbing off on you :wink:

That's it...come to the dark side!!!!

Your a naughty boy. :evil:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#30 » by FNQ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:09 am

I'm trying to think of someone who could temporarily stabilize the QB position in Jacksonville. Just can't think of who fits the bill..

Return to The General NFL Board