Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list?

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,219
And1: 553
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:39 pm

As a Cowboy junkie since 1970, here is the way I have them ranked at this point in time.

#1- Roger Staubach (No question here, imho)
#2- Troy Aikman
#3- Don Meredith
#4- Danny White
#5- Tony Romo
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,884
And1: 780
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:24 pm

I flip #'s 3 and 4 on your list bjj... but that's all. And - just barely.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,219
And1: 553
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I flip #'s 3 and 4 on your list bjj... but that's all. And - just barely.

Tough choice between the two. In the end I had to go with Dandy Don. Back to back NFL Championship games with a team and organization only 6 years old. Helped Bob Hayes change defenses forever in the NFL and wasn't as turn over prone as Danny. Danny threw way too many careless T.D.'s imho.
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 585
And1: 203
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#4 » by RavenMad31 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Romo is number three at the absolute worst. I also move to rename the general nfl board the Tony Romo board.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,884
And1: 780
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:08 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:Romo is number three at the absolute worst. I also move to rename the general nfl board the Tony Romo board.



This too shall pass... just as the Brett Favre threads finally died on pretty much every sports forum known to man. Romo threads will never come close to that.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 585
And1: 203
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#6 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Romo is number three at the absolute worst. I also move to rename the general nfl board the Tony Romo board.



This too shall pass... just as the Brett Favre threads finally died on pretty much every sports forum known to man. Romo threads will never come close to that.


Oh Lord, I can only imagine what that must have been like. Madden had worn me out on Favre well before he retired.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,884
And1: 780
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 am

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Romo is number three at the absolute worst. I also move to rename the general nfl board the Tony Romo board.



This too shall pass... just as the Brett Favre threads finally died on pretty much every sports forum known to man. Romo threads will never come close to that.


Oh Lord, I can only imagine what that must have been like. Madden had worn me out on Favre well before he retired.


I remember one morning on the Fan Nation NFL forum where there were three new threads and all of them were Favre threads. We hijacked one and completely ignored the other two. Turned a Favre thread into a discussion around where the best pizza was.

The next day - two more Favre threads. At that point we simply referred to him as "HWSNBN".

He who shall not be named...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,219
And1: 553
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:55 am

It won't be long before Prescott passes Romo.
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 585
And1: 203
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#9 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:It won't be long before Prescott passes Romo.

Beware the sophomore slump, my friend.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,219
And1: 553
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:29 pm

I have no worries. Roger Staubach type QB's don't have sophomore slumps.
bball gemius51
Ballboy
Posts: 43
And1: 8
Joined: Feb 08, 2017
         

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#11 » by bball gemius51 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 am

He's been a good player,but i don't consider him to be among the 20 best players in franchise history.
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Starter
Posts: 2,103
And1: 1,055
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
 

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#12 » by shawn_hemp » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:03 am

Is this only about QBs of any Cowboy at any position?

Where would Quincy Carter rank on your all time list?
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,884
And1: 780
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:26 am

shawn_hemp wrote:Is this only about QBs of any Cowboy at any position?

Where would Quincy Carter rank on your all time list?


Not very far above Steve Pelluer. Not very far at all.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
RaoulDuke79
Head Coach
Posts: 6,919
And1: 534
Joined: Jul 31, 2006
Location: The Bone Zone

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#14 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:32 am

Damn...I wanted to bring up Quincy earlier but chose not to.

Not so much out of respect, after all the QB garbage my team has been through... but more due to not being able to come up with a funny enough joke to accompany his mention.

Hey, how about that Dave Campo era, eh? What's the deal with that! -Seinfeld voice-

(sorry, drunk and tired, good night)
Image
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,884
And1: 780
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#15 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:59 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Damn...I wanted to bring up Quincy earlier but chose not to.

Not so much out of respect, after all the QB garbage my team has been through... but more due to not being able to come up with a funny enough joke to accompany his mention.

Hey, how about that Dave Campo era, eh? What's the deal with that! -Seinfeld voice-

(sorry, drunk and tired, good night)


I hate you. Always have.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,219
And1: 553
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Where do you rank Tony Romo on all time Cowboy list? 

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:15 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Damn...I wanted to bring up Quincy earlier but chose not to.

Not so much out of respect, after all the QB garbage my team has been through... but more due to not being able to come up with a funny enough joke to accompany his mention.

Hey, how about that Dave Campo era, eh? What's the deal with that! -Seinfeld voice-

(sorry, drunk and tired, good night)

Those are just a few of the Jerry Jones greatest hits after becoming general Manger that he promoted himself to. No need to sugar coat it.

Return to The General NFL Board