Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett?

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

atlantabbq99
Starter
Posts: 2,221
And1: 650
Joined: Mar 28, 2013

Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett?

Browns have alot of holes to fill on both offense and defense.

The jury is still out on the Jared Goff trade.

The other times a #1 was traded, the Chargers ended up getting Rivers and Shawne Merriman. Before that, the Chargers also ended up trading another #1 and got LT and Brees.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,823
And1: 757
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm

The Browns would be silly to pass up an elite pass rusher. Especially with them also holding the #12 pick.

Simply stand pat. Improve the team with better players. Quality over quantity.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 572
And1: 195
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#3 » by RavenMad31 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:The Browns would be silly to pass up an elite pass rusher. Especially with them also holding the #12 pick.

Simply stand pat. Improve the team with better players. Quality over quantity.

I agree. They've got a pretty nice stockpile of picks, so I don't see the advantage of passing on grabbing the best player available. If they didn't, I'd think differently, but they are in a really good spot as far as grabbing enough building blocks to not have to hate themselves going forward.
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 572
And1: 195
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#4 » by RavenMad31 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm going to revisit this question, but from the other side of the table and based on the premise that Cleveland IS willing to deal.
Tennessee has a rising offense, but a pretty middling defense. Nothing can change the complexion of a defense like a guy who can disrupt the backfield.
Carolina. Their defense was actually worse than the Titans last year. They brought back Peppers, so maybe a vet-rookie mentorship would work out here.
San Diego. The combination of Garrett and Bosa would create nightmares for opposing offensive lines for the next few years. SD desperately needs defensive help.
I'd say the fit is best in Tennessee and Carolina since they have QBs in or entering their prime. SD might not want to fork over picks since when Rivers leaves, they may find themselves in full rebuild mode, as if they haven't been for about five or six years anyway. Having Rivers does afford them the luxury of maybe looking for his replacement in 2018 when there are going to be much better options available.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,159
And1: 534
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm sure Warren Sapp's comments over the weekend didn't help Garrett's cause.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,159
And1: 534
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:23 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:The Browns would be silly to pass up an elite pass rusher. Especially with them also holding the #12 pick.

Simply stand pat. Improve the team with better players. Quality over quantity.

I agree. They've got a pretty nice stockpile of picks, so I don't see the advantage of passing on grabbing the best player available. If they didn't, I'd think differently, but they are in a really good spot as far as grabbing enough building blocks to not have to hate themselves going forward.

I could see Tennessee making a move here to be honest.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,823
And1: 757
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:The Browns would be silly to pass up an elite pass rusher. Especially with them also holding the #12 pick.

Simply stand pat. Improve the team with better players. Quality over quantity.

I agree. They've got a pretty nice stockpile of picks, so I don't see the advantage of passing on grabbing the best player available. If they didn't, I'd think differently, but they are in a really good spot as far as grabbing enough building blocks to not have to hate themselves going forward.

I could see Tennessee making a move here to be honest.


Possibly... although getting a stud defender like Jonathan Allen or Jamal Adams sure would be tempting if I were in their shoes.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,159
And1: 534
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:I agree. They've got a pretty nice stockpile of picks, so I don't see the advantage of passing on grabbing the best player available. If they didn't, I'd think differently, but they are in a really good spot as far as grabbing enough building blocks to not have to hate themselves going forward.

I could see Tennessee making a move here to be honest.


Possibly... although getting a stud defender like Jonathan Allen or Jamal Adams sure would be tempting if I were in their shoes.

You could be right. I remember every Titan game I watch last year, they got killed at CB. They lost at least 3 games last year just by having possibly the worst pair of CB's in the league.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,823
And1: 757
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I could see Tennessee making a move here to be honest.


Possibly... although getting a stud defender like Jonathan Allen or Jamal Adams sure would be tempting if I were in their shoes.

You could be right. I remember every Titan game I watch last year, they got killed at CB. They lost at least 3 games last year just by having possibly the worst pair of CB's in the league.


I really like Jamal Adams. A lot. Wish the Cowboys were in a position to grab him. He's a local kid... and he is going to be great.

Mark my words. Great.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 572
And1: 195
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#10 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:07 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Possibly... although getting a stud defender like Jonathan Allen or Jamal Adams sure would be tempting if I were in their shoes.

You could be right. I remember every Titan game I watch last year, they got killed at CB. They lost at least 3 games last year just by having possibly the worst pair of CB's in the league.


I really like Jamal Adams. A lot. Wish the Cowboys were in a position to grab him. He's a local kid... and he is going to be great.

Mark my words. Great.

LSU has been churning out some nice DBs. This draft is really deep in secondary, so if you're hoping to upgrade there, Dallas should be able to, even if it isn't the kid you like.

Return to The General NFL Board