What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team?

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 203

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#41 » by RavenMad31 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 pm

TheOnlyQuayH wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
TheOnlyQuayH wrote:2007 was fun for me watching my patriots but I actually enjoyed 2010 more even though we loss in the first round. People were even doubting if we could win our own division until smashed the Jets 45-3 on Monday night football. That season was also the best I have ever seen Brady play, he was so efficient that year which is why he won MVP. Guys like Danny Woodhead, Deion Branch, BenJarvus Green-Ellis stepped up that year. Gronk and Aaron Hernandez were rookies that year. It was fun watching these guys develop through that season, we went 14-2. If only we didn't have the worst defense that year, we could've went far. Obviously we've had more successful season than this season due to postseason results but I never had more fun watching the pats than that year

I hear you. They don't all have to be championship seasons. 2003 was a lot of fun as Jamal Lewis ran for 2000+ yards, Ray Lewis was in his prime, Ed Reed was an electrifying second year player, we were showing signs of recovering from the post-2001 salary cap dump and we didn't know Kyle Boller was going to suck yet.

I still don't know how you guys didn't make the conference finals that year

We got tripped up by a really good Titans team in the first round of the playoffs. I don't think we were poised to be able to run with the best in the AFC. Manning was always a problem for us and the Chiefs were better than us. I'm not sure how we matched up against the early days of the Pats dynasty.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
And1: 553

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 4, 2017 12:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:There are so many I'll have to think about it for a few days !!

It's been along time for you, hasn't it!? Hard to remember. :lol:

Not really. The 1970, 1971, 1972, 1975, 1977 & 1978 were all great years. I was way too young for the 1966 and 1967 seasons.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 19,560

Post#43 » by hermes » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:22 pm

this is tough, the vikings have been very frustrating throughout my fandom

1998 and 2009 should be the easy answers but 98 was the year before i really got into football so i missed most of it, and i could never really get into 09 because i couldn't get past favre being a former packer, it was petty but there you go. it was the playoffs before i finally let my guard down and then the saints game happened

don't remember much from 1999 and 2000 (except for 41-0, jeez :noway: ), but they were both good years

2004 was peak culpepper plus moss so that was fun, but they only went 8-8.

2007 was a good time, adrian's rookie year (one of my favorite games was the one against san diego where he set the single game rushing record), plus the williams wall and that stingy run defense - but again only 8-8

2012 was adrian's mvp year, although percy harvin was the story for the first half of the year but that last month or so was all adrian all the time (last week of the year against the packers were he nearly set the single season record was another favorite game). did manage 10-6 that year despite christian ponder being heavily involved

2015 was good with teddy's first year but that ended with a pretty sour taste
doovalacky

#1 brook lopez fan

Return to The General NFL Board