What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team?

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 601
And1: 216
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#41 » by RavenMad31 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 pm

TheOnlyQuayH wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
TheOnlyQuayH wrote:2007 was fun for me watching my patriots but I actually enjoyed 2010 more even though we loss in the first round. People were even doubting if we could win our own division until smashed the Jets 45-3 on Monday night football. That season was also the best I have ever seen Brady play, he was so efficient that year which is why he won MVP. Guys like Danny Woodhead, Deion Branch, BenJarvus Green-Ellis stepped up that year. Gronk and Aaron Hernandez were rookies that year. It was fun watching these guys develop through that season, we went 14-2. If only we didn't have the worst defense that year, we could've went far. Obviously we've had more successful season than this season due to postseason results but I never had more fun watching the pats than that year

I hear you. They don't all have to be championship seasons. 2003 was a lot of fun as Jamal Lewis ran for 2000+ yards, Ray Lewis was in his prime, Ed Reed was an electrifying second year player, we were showing signs of recovering from the post-2001 salary cap dump and we didn't know Kyle Boller was going to suck yet.


I still don't know how you guys didn't make the conference finals that year

We got tripped up by a really good Titans team in the first round of the playoffs. I don't think we were poised to be able to run with the best in the AFC. Manning was always a problem for us and the Chiefs were better than us. I'm not sure how we matched up against the early days of the Pats dynasty.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,318
And1: 569
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 4, 2017 12:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:There are so many I'll have to think about it for a few days !!

It's been along time for you, hasn't it!? Hard to remember. :lol:

Not really. The 1970, 1971, 1972, 1975, 1977 & 1978 were all great years. I was way too young for the 1966 and 1967 seasons.
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 76,162
And1: 19,628
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#43 » by hermes » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:22 pm

this is tough, the vikings have been very frustrating throughout my fandom

1998 and 2009 should be the easy answers but 98 was the year before i really got into football so i missed most of it, and i could never really get into 09 because i couldn't get past favre being a former packer, it was petty but there you go. it was the playoffs before i finally let my guard down and then the saints game happened

don't remember much from 1999 and 2000 (except for 41-0, jeez :noway: ), but they were both good years

2004 was peak culpepper plus moss so that was fun, but they only went 8-8.

2007 was a good time, adrian's rookie year (one of my favorite games was the one against san diego where he set the single game rushing record), plus the williams wall and that stingy run defense - but again only 8-8

2012 was adrian's mvp year, although percy harvin was the story for the first half of the year but that last month or so was all adrian all the time (last week of the year against the packers were he nearly set the single season record was another favorite game). did manage 10-6 that year despite christian ponder being heavily involved

2015 was good with teddy's first year but that ended with a pretty sour taste
doovalacky

#1 brook lopez fan
alexbolt84
Ballboy
Posts: 2
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 25, 2017
   

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#44 » by alexbolt84 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:11 pm

No doubts the most excited and enjoyable season for me was Premier League last year when Chelsea resist from West Broom attacks. And cannot wait to see the playing upcoming League https://777score.com/football/tournaments/england/premier-league-2

They gonna win again!!!!!!!!!
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 17,729
And1: 5,670
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#45 » by Revived » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 am

2007. Chargers made it to the AFC Championship game and had an extremely hobbled team with LT, Gates, Rivers and Chambers are battling major injuries.

Rivers showed that year that he has the biggest balls in the NFL by playing on a torn ACL in AFC Championship game and Chargers only lost by 9 to the then 18-0 Patriots.
User avatar
bmurph128
Analyst
Posts: 3,184
And1: 1,849
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#46 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:35 pm

1999, the obvious answer. I was 13 years old, and the year before my dad had finally brought me over to being a Rams fan. The Rams had Isaac Bruce, who was tearing up defenses in the years before 99.

After the first few games, they started showing the Rams in Ohio, which was awesome. I can't even begin to explain the pure joy in watching this live - a feeling only rivaled by marrying my wife, and I'm not joking about that:





But my favorite moment of that season actually wasn't the super bowl:




My dad HATES the 49ers. They had beaten us 17 straight times until this game. I will never forget the look on my dad's face when the Rams won this game.


This is a once in a lifetime run for a team. A fairytale, and something that I will be forever thankful for that it happened while I was alive.



(Side note: that play by Bruce in the super bowl often gets overlooked - if he was wearing a Cowboys jersey, IMO it would be viewed as one of the top 5 plays in super bowl history)
User avatar
bmurph128
Analyst
Posts: 3,184
And1: 1,849
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#47 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:37 pm

2000 was also a fun (and frustrating) season.

We squeaked into the playoffs and lost on Az Hakim dropping a punt. Had he caught it, we had already beaten the Vikings and Giants that year, and I believe that that despite having one of the worst defenses in NFL history, it would have been Rams/Ravens in the super bowl that year.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,554
And1: 14,249
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#48 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:59 pm

bmurph128 wrote:2000 was also a fun (and frustrating) season.

We squeaked into the playoffs and lost on Az Hakim dropping a punt. Had he caught it, we had already beaten the Vikings and Giants that year, and I believe that that despite having one of the worst defenses in NFL history, it would have been Rams/Ravens in the super bowl that year.


I was really hoping for the Vikings/Raiders, at least once it got to the championship games....but I loved the Rams offense too, so Rams Raiders would have been fun. I remember thinking the last thing I wanted to see was the Giants/Ravens, so of course...
User avatar
bmurph128
Analyst
Posts: 3,184
And1: 1,849
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#49 » by bmurph128 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:2000 was also a fun (and frustrating) season.

We squeaked into the playoffs and lost on Az Hakim dropping a punt. Had he caught it, we had already beaten the Vikings and Giants that year, and I believe that that despite having one of the worst defenses in NFL history, it would have been Rams/Ravens in the super bowl that year.


I was really hoping for the Vikings/Raiders, at least once it got to the championship games....but I loved the Rams offense too, so Rams Raiders would have been fun. I remember thinking the last thing I wanted to see was the Giants/Ravens, so of course...



The only team that could have beaten us that year was the Saints and garbage Aaron Brooks...so of course that's the situation we put ourselves in with crappy play during the season.

But lord what we did to the Chargers that year... :D


Actually, I have a few not-so-bad Charger memories:

-Trent Green going down, paving the way for Warner

-57-31 game in 2000

-28-24 game in 2002 (Marc Bulger's best game, included an onside kick recovery)
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,554
And1: 14,249
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: What was the most enjoyable season for you as a fan of your team? 

Post#50 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:43 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:2000 was also a fun (and frustrating) season.

We squeaked into the playoffs and lost on Az Hakim dropping a punt. Had he caught it, we had already beaten the Vikings and Giants that year, and I believe that that despite having one of the worst defenses in NFL history, it would have been Rams/Ravens in the super bowl that year.


I was really hoping for the Vikings/Raiders, at least once it got to the championship games....but I loved the Rams offense too, so Rams Raiders would have been fun. I remember thinking the last thing I wanted to see was the Giants/Ravens, so of course...



The only team that could have beaten us that year was the Saints and garbage Aaron Brooks...so of course that's the situation we put ourselves in with crappy play during the season.

But lord what we did to the Chargers that year... :D


Actually, I have a few not-so-bad Charger memories:

-Trent Green going down, paving the way for Warner

-57-31 game in 2000

-28-24 game in 2002 (Marc Bulger's best game, included an onside kick recovery)


You know what's funny, is that in fantasy I drafted three good qbs that year, but definitely had Daunte Culpepper as my starter and Trent Green as my backup, and then when Green went down I just decided to pick up his backup, Kurt Warner, who I didn't know. Then man was it hard to decide who to start each week after that.

Return to The General NFL Board