NFL Wheelings and Dealings

Moderator: bwgood77

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: NFL Wheelings and Dealings 

Post#1601 » by El Turco » Fri Apr 4, 2014 1:51 pm

expect the same with jenkins if the receiver makes the catch before getting to the safety level. pretty sure he led the nfl in missed tackles, at least in his position.

edit: 62nd out 67 in tackling efficiency, close enough.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Post#1602 » by BloodyNose » Fri Apr 4, 2014 2:56 pm

El Turco wrote:expect the same with jenkins if the receiver makes the catch before getting to the safety level. pretty sure he led the nfl in missed tackles, at least in his position.

edit: 62nd out 67 in tackling efficiency, close enough.

patrick chung leads the league in tackling his own teammates
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#1603 » by El Turco » Fri Apr 4, 2014 3:06 pm

Oh
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#1604 » by gswhoops » Fri Apr 4, 2014 3:52 pm

Bucs trade WR Mike Williams to the Bills for a 6th rounder.

Interesting draft implications
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#1605 » by righterwriter » Fri Apr 4, 2014 7:00 pm

So where is the best fit for new FA Chris Johnson?

The Rams could be great, as they are in a dome and coached by former Titans coach Jeff Fisher.
The Saints could be good as well, playing in a dome and with a passing attack that could allow him to have more space to work with out of the backfield.
The Lions might work for the same reasons as the Saints.

Do you think he'll chase the money, go for the best fit, or just go where he has the best chance to win?

I'm going to say he chooses St. Louis.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1606 » by gswhoops » Fri Apr 4, 2014 7:02 pm

righterwriter wrote:So where is the best fit for new FA Chris Johnson?

The Rams could be great, as they are in a dome and coached by former Titans coach Jeff Fisher.
The Saints could be good as well, playing in a dome and with a passing attack that could allow him to have more space to work with out of the backfield.
The Lions might work for the same reasons as the Saints.

Do you think he'll chase the money, go for the best fit, or just go where he has the best chance to win?

I'm going to say he chooses St. Louis.

I think he'd want somewhere where he at least has a shot at being the lead back, and I don't see that in STL with Stacy on board.

Saints would be an interesting fit. They could certainly use another playmaker.

My money's on the Jets, though.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#1607 » by Da Schwab » Fri Apr 4, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm actually a pretty big believer in a change of scenery being very good for Chris Johnson. As long as he doesn't end up in the NFC East, which isn't very likely, I'd like to see him revitalize his career.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1608 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 10:10 pm

This may be one of the best tables/infographics ESPN has ever done:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... is-johnson

Uhhh...we dunno?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#1609 » by BloodyNose » Sat Apr 5, 2014 10:14 pm

bondom34 wrote:This may be one of the best tables/infographics ESPN has ever done:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... is-johnson

Uhhh...we dunno?

that what they did with djax to. Put every single team down, and gave a couple of reasons. I guess its a good way to pass the time at work...
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#1610 » by ohara » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:15 am

Jason Avant to the Panthers to fill part of the void at WR. Not sure how much that will help.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1611 » by gswhoops » Tue Apr 8, 2014 1:01 pm

ohara wrote:Jason Avant to the Panthers to fill part of the void at WR. Not sure how much that will help.

They are gonna have to hit some absolute home runs in the draft if they want to avoid getting lapped by the rest of the NFC this year.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#1612 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 8, 2014 2:43 pm

These franchise are confused. This franchise meets with bridgewater. This team brings in Manzel. That team brings in Bortles. What the heck were they doin during the combine? Some of these teams don't interview during the combine, why? Why waste time having the combine if theyre only goin to bring 'em in and interview and test 'em all over again? These guys have combines...then pro days...then make 'em throw all over again in personal work outs...then interview 'em again...this only shows me that these football knowledgeable guys, truly have no clue and are guessing on the product.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#1613 » by BloodyNose » Tue Apr 8, 2014 3:37 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:These franchise are confused. This franchise meets with bridgewater. This team brings in Manzel. That team brings in Bortles. What the heck were they doin during the combine? Some of these teams don't interview during the combine, why? Why waste time having the combine if theyre only goin to bring 'em in and interview and test 'em all over again? These guys have combines...then pro days...then make 'em throw all over again in personal work outs...then interview 'em again...this only shows me that these football knowledgeable guys, truly have no clue and are guessing on the product.

I sometimes think its really just for fun. They do all of this as due diligence, seriously, i doubt the raiders draft Manziel but these guys want something to do so it looks like they are doing their job.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1614 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 8, 2014 5:47 pm

Former Clemson guard Brandon Thomas, who is rated as one of the top interior offensive linemen available in this year's draft, suffered a torn ACL while working out last week, a league source said.

Thomas (6-foot-3, 317 pounds) is coming off an outstanding set of practices during the Senior Bowl and was seen as a probable second- or third-round pick before suffering his injury, according to NFL personnel sources.

Thomas suffered the injury during a non-contact drill in a workout with the New Orleans Saints, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/ ... -tears-acl
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1615 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 8, 2014 5:49 pm

See, these guys are testing, and testing and still don't have a clue. Now theyre actually INJURING players and ruining their draft stock and future monies. Of course theyre gonna mention "non-contact," and that's to protect their sorry asses for tryin to screw up an prospects career!
BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#1616 » by BloodyNose » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:54 am

LAKESHOW wrote:See, these guys are testing, and testing and still don't have a clue. Now theyre actually INJURING players and ruining their draft stock and future monies. Of course theyre gonna mention "non-contact," and that's to protect their sorry asses for tryin to screw up an prospects career!

I don't get it, are you saying that they are trying to injure players? Because every year prospects do tones of workouts
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1617 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:55 pm

As per wiretap, clowney said he wont do any personal workouts, and says refer to his pro day.

Jadeveon Clowney won't participate in any additional individual workouts before the NFL Draft.

Clowney is wary of an injury smilar to what happened to Brandon Thomas a couple weeks ago.

Clowney's agent have told teams they can refer to his efforts during his pro day on April 2
BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#1618 » by BloodyNose » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:59 pm

vick and chris johnson combo going to wreak havoc on the league
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1619 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun May 4, 2014 9:10 pm

Riddick:
Hearing rumblings of a potential draft day trade that could blow the top off of the draft involving the QB position.All “talk” at this point, but caught me off guard, to say the least…
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,508

Post#1620 » by Harry Palmer » Mon May 5, 2014 4:04 am

Can't say where I heard this, and hope it's BS, but there seems to be a real possibility that the 49ers/Kaepernick contract discussions are still so far apart that the team may be looking to move him and move on.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to The General NFL Board