yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Max to SA??

Moderators: theBigLip, r0cd0gg, dVs33, Snakebites

Post#1 Max to SA??
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:36 am by retrolenny

I can see SA trading their 1st round draft pick to Det for Jason Maxiell. No player needs to come to Det to make this happen as SA is under the cap. Max would be an upgrade to both Bonner & Diaw and is a guy who would thrive in Pops system. If it doesn't work out then Max expires at year end and all SA gave up was a late 1st rounder in a very week draft. if it does then Det just gave up a player who will not be returning next year and can ship that late 1st rounder to CHA and keep their own pick. It makes great business sense to both teams. Thoughts??
retrolenny
Rookie
Posts: 1,034
And1: 15
Joined: Feb 16, 2008
Top

Post#2 Re: Max to SA??
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 am by DCintheD

Yea man make it happen! Oh wait...
DCintheD




Pro Prospect
Posts: 976
And1: 96
Joined: May 30, 2010
Top

Post#3 Re: Max to SA??
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 am by vege

retrolenny wrote:No player needs to come to Det to make this happen as SA is under the cap.


No they are not. They are well over the salary cap and they are very close to the Luxury Tax in fact.

retrolenny wrote:can ship that late 1st rounder to CHA and keep their own pick.


No they can't. They traded their pick with the protections they set, not ANY 1st round pick they chose to handle Charlotte. Doesn't work this way.

Maxiell to SAS makes sense, and has been posted in Trades and Transactions board several times the past 2 weeks. Twice by myself, and a few other times from other posters in fact. Your explanations are way off tho.
vege
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,600
And1: 109
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Somewhere celebrating Drummond's Pick!!!!!!!
Top

Post#4 Re: Max to SA??
Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:18 pm by Jodi

I could see Max going to SA, but it would be have to be a 3-team trade though...
Jodi
Banned User
Posts: 4,520
And1: 52
Joined: Jul 22, 2011
Top

Post#5 Re: Max to SA??
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:36 pm by retrolenny

vege wrote:
retrolenny wrote:No player needs to come to Det to make this happen as SA is under the cap.


No they are not. They are well over the salary cap and they are very close to the Luxury Tax in fact.

retrolenny wrote:can ship that late 1st rounder to CHA and keep their own pick.


No they can't. They traded their pick with the protections they set, not ANY 1st round pick they chose to handle Charlotte. Doesn't work this way.

Maxiell to SAS makes sense, and has been posted in Trades and Transactions board several times the past 2 weeks. Twice by myself, and a few other times from other posters in fact. Your explanations are way off tho.


It works on the trade checker. Max to SA with no player coming back is a successful trade. Perhaps the software has a glitch?
retrolenny
Rookie
Posts: 1,034
And1: 15
Joined: Feb 16, 2008
Top

Post#6 Re: Max to SA??
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm by wire28

i hate random trade idea threads
Deeeeeetroit Basketballlllllll
wire28
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,765
And1: 210
Joined: May 18, 2010
Location: right behind you....boo!
Top

Post#7 Re: Max to SA??
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 am by vege

If it working on trade checker, whatever trade checker you're using is not working properly. SAS has ~70 million in salaries this season, they do not have a TPE and the salary cap is 58ish this season so they'd need to be around 53 million for it to work.
vege
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,600
And1: 109
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Somewhere celebrating Drummond's Pick!!!!!!!
Top

Post#8 Re: Max to SA??
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 am by retrolenny

vege wrote:If it working on trade checker, whatever trade checker you're using is not working properly. SAS has ~70 million in salaries this season, they do not have a TPE and the salary cap is 58ish this season so they'd need to be around 53 million for it to work.


I used RealGM!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6209050
retrolenny
Rookie
Posts: 1,034
And1: 15
Joined: Feb 16, 2008
Top

Post#9 Re: Max to SA??
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:25 am by Pharaoh

Easy answer here is that the Real GM checker is busted... and IMO you should never use it because the one they sold was way better and is available here:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

WOW! Actual salaries and everything :)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bhgadlr

The Spurs are over the luxury tax threshold with this trade and the incoming aggregate salaries exceeded what's allowed via the 125% plus $100,000 rule. Cut $4,900,000 from the Spurs incoming trade value to make this trade successful


So yeah, ummm... Maxiell to SAS for nothing but a pick = can't be done
Pharaoh
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,722
And1: 300
Joined: Aug 9, 2001
Top

Post#10 Re: Max to SA??
Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 pm by retrolenny

Pharaoh wrote:Easy answer here is that the Real GM checker is busted... and IMO you should never use it because the one they sold was way better and is available here:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

WOW! Actual salaries and everything :)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bhgadlr

The Spurs are over the luxury tax threshold with this trade and the incoming aggregate salaries exceeded what's allowed via the 125% plus $100,000 rule. Cut $4,900,000 from the Spurs incoming trade value to make this trade successful


So yeah, ummm... Maxiell to SAS for nothing but a pick = can't be done


Seems to have a selective attention.. This one failed!! :lol:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6209424
retrolenny
Rookie
Posts: 1,034
And1: 15
Joined: Feb 16, 2008
Top


Return to Detroit Pistons


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ET Da Gawd, Sheeeeed