yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

MAG VS DET @7:30 PM

Moderators: Snakebites, r0cd0gg, theBigLip

Post#161 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm by Blkbrd671

Knight with 17 shots, wasn't his most efficient outing, but i think he needs to be putting up 14-17 shots if we want to win. Additionally most a number of those were at the rim, where he still struggling to finish.

*if that was westbrook gettin hit at the rim, they would certainly be called fouls, knight never gets them
All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one
Blkbrd671

RealGM
And1: 411

Post#162 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:21 pm by Brapman

Knight with his second strong game in a row. Nice response to London.

Drummond looked awkard and lost and disinterested in the 1st half. Not something I've seen much from him this year, to his credit. However, in the 2nd half, he just dominated.

I cannot wait until he learns to become a decent then a good, and maybe someday a great, post player on offense. But no matter what, this kid just dominates.
Brapman
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#163 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 pm by BillCartwrightDaMan

Good game fellas, Drummond is a beast ROY candidate! :)
BillCartwrightDaMan
Senior
And1: 2

Post#164 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:51 pm by Jodi

Good freaking win!!. Hopefully we go to Chicago playing defense like we played tonight...We're only 4 games outside the playoffs, lets keep up the momentum...
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#165 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 pm by scrop32

order restored, take that orl :D
scrop32

Junior
And1: 26

Post#166 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 am by Cowology

2nd game in a row we had like 5-6 people in double digits, I think.
Cowology
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 155

Post#167 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:25 am by ElectricMayhem

kidleader wrote:monroe stat tracker: 8 minutes: 0 PTS 0 RBS 0 AST 0 Blocks 0 Steals. atleast he has 0 turnovers!!!

end of game prediction: 33 minutes: 6 pts 8 rebounds 1 ast 1 steal 5 TO's

Cowology wrote:
detroitKG wrote:
That and Max has **** 9 pts and 8 rebs already! :o

Yeah, but he'll probably have 2 pts and 2 rebs the whole rest of the game.

One of these men knows.
ElectricMayhem

Assistant Coach
And1: 889

Post#168 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:42 pm by Goldtop

Cowology wrote:
detroitKG wrote:
That and Max has **** 9 pts and 8 rebs already! :o

Yeah, but he'll probably have 2 pts and 2 rebs the whole rest of the game.

Prophetic. Max did only have 2 pts and 3 rebs the rest of the game!

On a side note, these great 1st qtr starts Max has had this year doesn't bode well for Dre starting anytime soon. Its been proven before that Maxiell plays his best when he starts, and isn't the same player off the bench. Thats probably playing into the decision to keep him in the starting lineup.
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#169 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm by Cowology

Damn, off by 1! :sad:

But seriously, Max is about the most predictable player on our roster. We need to move him now while he has some value because once Drummond pushes his way into the starting lineup Maxiells value will plummet. Right now there are probably a few GM's thinking he'd be OK off the bench for their playoff team. But we know better.

Maxiell has always sucked off the bench. For whatever reason he plays better as a starter.... he just isn't good enough to actually start. He's sorta in that Flip Murray mold of players who are nice to bring in as a short term replacement for an injured player, but who otherwise don't really fit.
Cowology
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#170 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm by ComboGuardCity

Spot on Cow. Maxiell looks like he'd be an excellent energy player, but doesn't play with energy in limited minutes. He's also not good enough to start.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 1,713

Post#171 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:21 pm by Han Solo

ComboGuardCity wrote:Spot on Cow. Maxiell looks like he'd be an excellent energy player, but doesn't play with energy in limited minutes. He's also not good enough to start.

Spot on.
aka faded
Han Solo
Starter
And1: 161

Post#172 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:31 pm by Blkbrd671

Cowology wrote:Damn, off by 1! :sad:

But seriously, Max is about the most predictable player on our roster. We need to move him now while he has some value because once Drummond pushes his way into the starting lineup Maxiells value will plummet. Right now there are probably a few GM's thinking he'd be OK off the bench for their playoff team. But we know better.

Maxiell has always sucked off the bench. For whatever reason he plays better as a starter.... he just isn't good enough to actually start. He's sorta in that Flip Murray mold of players who are nice to bring in as a short term replacement for an injured player, but who otherwise don't really fit.

agreed, however with this recent push we are making highly unlikely anyone gets traded. additionally MAx is a huge part of our team being that krav isn't ready and JJ has been horrible. he'll more than likely be resigned.
All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one
Blkbrd671

RealGM
And1: 411

Post#173 Re: MAG VS DET @7:30 PM
Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 am by Cowology

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Cowology wrote:Damn, off by 1! :sad:

agreed, however with this recent push we are making highly unlikely anyone gets traded. additionally MAx is a huge part of our team being that krav isn't ready and JJ has been horrible. he'll more than likely be resigned.
I hope not. I'd rather we signed a vet C for $2-4 mil to backup Drummond. We have plenty of depth behind Monroe at PF already.
Cowology
Global Mod
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Detroit Pistons