Post#16 Re: Joe D Q&A
Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:25 pm by mercury

Due to lack of defense we rest our case
mercury
Lead Assistant
And1: 151

Post#17 Re: Joe D Q&A
Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:53 pm by Joe Asberry

dumba$$ Keith hasn't asked one question about the ownership situation, because i think Dumars is talkin $hit, and isn't allowed to do anything right now
NBA World Champion 2004 Detroit Pistons
---Hard Work Pays Off---
Joe Asberry

Starter
And1: 155

Post#18 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:07 am by beau

Two players that teams call about the most? Yeah... Rip wont be in that discussion!!

Those two players, obviously, will have positive trade value. I can think of 4 players on our team that have the most positive value.

Tay
Daye
Stuckey
Monroe

The value of each is debatable and depends on many factors. If Rip isnt moved, Stuckey is as good as gone and teams know this. There is NO way Joe is allowed to extend Stuck at market value, 8-10 mill per year, while having 2 other shooting guards making 10+ mill per year on this team. We better move RIp or bg, or Stuck is GONE!
beau
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#19 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:03 pm by Piston Pete

Here's part 3; http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/dumars_101217.html

Interesting tidbit:

Charlie is a young guy in his mid 20s. I can say this – without going into a whole lot of detail – he has tremendous value around the league with other teams calling.

MAKE THE DEAL DUMARS!! Make all the vets available!!!
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 183

Post#20 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:18 pm by Da-Met

Let me tell you this... if he has "tremendous value" and Dumars is the one not biting on decent trades for him, because he likes what CV brings to the table, then I don't know what to say.

No defense chuckers who can't rebound are not who we need in the front-court.

About Ben Gordon:

JD: There’s no question to me that he’s a heck of a player. It just manifested itself here at this point, but I don’t doubt the kid at all. He just hasn’t found his niche here in Detroit yet, but in terms of him as a player, the kid’s a heck of a player. Charlie has probably turned the corner a little bit more than him, but Charlie’s at a position where we don’t have a dominant scorer like Rip has been for so long for us here. So the transition is probably a little easier for Charlie than it has been for Ben, but we’ll figure it out – he’ll figure it out. The kid’s still a heck of a good player and another player that has real good value around this league.

Nice sidestep of the real issue here. Rip Hamilton.

And if everyone has such tremendous value....... why haven't we made any moves?
Da-Met
General Manager
And1: 122

Post#21 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:21 pm by Piston Pete

Trade them both (CV and BG) for expirings and/or young talents/picks and lets start over....

They both have "good" and/or "tremendous" value.....lets get something done already!
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 183

Post#22 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 pm by srt4b

You would think we are 5 games over 500 from the tone of that article.
srt4b
Lead Assistant
And1: 25

Post#23 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:02 pm by Todd3

Anybody catch the mysterious little part added onto the end of part 3?

Its not in the transcript, only the audio version.

The interview ends, then they make it sound like its supposed to be off-record, but is "conveniently" recorded. Keith says something about the interview with Dery where Joe said he was close to a deal.

Joe basically said, ppl blew that way out of proportion, and then Keith said so your not close to anything?

Joe said, "are we close to anything?.... yeah, maybe, but....." Then Keith said, so there isn't really anything? Joe: "no, there's nothing."

Listen to the very end of the audio to hear it. Its crazy after he just said he's close, now there's nothing?

The whole thing sounds like one big media performance with Joe, Dery, and KL playing the lead actors. You know Dery and Langlois are in Joe's pocket.

Very suspicious, these sudden interviews at the teams lowest point in years, where ppl were questioning where's Joe? Then suddenly he comes out of nowhere with all these fake trade talks just to calm down angry fans.
Todd3
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#24 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:10 pm by Chaosmonger

Seriously, what the hell? That was a weird ending with Joe basically admitting that there's nothing imminent. Maybe KL left it on there "accidentally" to throw us a bone lol.
Chaosmonger
Sophomore

Post#25 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:20 pm by Todd3

Chaosmonger wrote:Seriously, what the hell? That was a weird ending with Joe basically admitting that there's nothing imminent. Maybe KL left it on there "accidentally" to throw us a bone lol.

yeah "accidentally". You know all these interviews are staged and scripted. That was no accident. This is getting ridiculous the way this franchise is trying to toy with its fanbase. Not just that they're trying, but that they actually think fans are that stupid.
Todd3
Sixth Man

Post#26 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:01 pm by FroJoeNoRip

What? what is up with that audio. and why is there a Rip 'yessir' coming out of nowhere? Why was that left on there? I'm glad it was, and I'm glad someone listens to the audio to hear it. Good looking out.
FroJoeNoRip
Sophomore

Post#27 Re: Joe D Q&A
Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:37 pm by Chaosmonger

Why would they want the fans to know there's nothing going down?
Chaosmonger
Sophomore

Next

Return to Detroit Pistons