Andre Drummond's Weight

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Heatin4
Banned User
And1: 347

Re: Andre Drummond's Weight 

Post#61 » by Heatin4 » Fri Oct 4, 2013 12:05 am

Clarity wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:The preseason can't come soon enough :)

Amen

Reading the last 2 pages of this thread I actually said aloud "what in the hell are these guys even talking about"

They are talking about a Team destined for the Championship / Homer D fans run away. Still waiting on for the Heat - Pistons ECF. I so want that to happen . The haters would come at threads like flies.
dolanoursavior
Banned User
And1: 31

Post#62 » by dolanoursavior » Fri Oct 4, 2013 12:44 am

So is Drummond going to play significant minutes this year?

Knick fan here but I am just super high on Drummond. Love the kid and his attitude. Really hope he does well.

I remember him crying on draft night and just being a humble kid.

I knew he was a stud the first summer league game I saw last year.

I have him on my fantasy team so here is hoping he gets 30+ mpg.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#63 » by tmorgan » Fri Oct 4, 2013 2:18 am

30 is probably about right.

Regarding fantasy, I'd expect pretty good overall numbers but some serious inconsistency. A guy as raw as Drummond is going to have difficulty adapting to tough matchups in his first extended stint as a starter. It wouldn't shock me at all to see consecutive games such as 20-18 and 6-6 all season, with occasional foul trouble limiting his minutes.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,525

Post#64 » by zeebneeb » Fri Oct 4, 2013 2:11 pm

tmorgan wrote:30 is probably about right.

Regarding fantasy, I'd expect pretty good overall numbers but some serious inconsistency. A guy as raw as Drummond is going to have difficulty adapting to tough matchups in his first extended stint as a starter. It wouldn't shock me at all to see consecutive games such as 20-18 and 6-6 all season, with occasional foul trouble limiting his minutes.
Yup. He is going to have some absolutely monster games(Im thinking 20+points, and 20+rebounds)but have really off nights.

We, as Piston fans are going to have to wait for around 2more years, before he becomes a consistent monster.
Clarity
Banned User
And1: 843

Post#65 » by Clarity » Fri Oct 4, 2013 4:01 pm

Heatin4 wrote:
Clarity wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:The preseason can't come soon enough :)

Amen

Reading the last 2 pages of this thread I actually said aloud "what in the hell are these guys even talking about"

They are talking about a Team destined for the Championship / Homer D fans run away. Still waiting on for the Heat - Pistons ECF. I so want that to happen . The haters would come at threads like flies.

Now I have no clue what youre talking about. o_O
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#66 » by Joest2003 » Sun Oct 6, 2013 11:48 pm

How the hell did you piston fans get so damn lucky??????? This guy is a monster that can run the floor and has great hands, me and my friend were having a conversion the other day how he has the potential to be on of the best players in history.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,179

Post#67 » by Notanoob » Sun Oct 6, 2013 11:58 pm

Joest2003 wrote:How the hell did you piston fans get so damn lucky??????? This guy is a monster that can run the floor and has great hands, me and my friend were having a conversion the other day how he has the potential to be on of the best players in history.

Most teams that are in the lottery are there because their management is horrible. So a really good player fell past all of them to us.
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#68 » by Joest2003 » Mon Oct 7, 2013 12:03 am

If they could re do the draft today I wonder where Drummond would get drafted.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#69 » by tmorgan » Tue Oct 8, 2013 9:28 pm

Joest2003 wrote:If they could re do the draft today I wonder where Drummond would get drafted.

This has already been a GB topic.

Consensus is 2nd or 3rd, with almost everyone saying he'd still be behind The Brow and some debate on his position relative to Lillard.

I went ahead and argued he'd be first, but no one really agreed with me except one random Pelicans fan, which I found kind of interesting.
Clarity
Banned User
And1: 843

Post#70 » by Clarity » Tue Oct 8, 2013 10:13 pm

Joest2003 wrote:If they could re do the draft today I wonder where Drummond would get drafted.

Take him first in my sleep but I said before the 2012 draft id take him #1.

Notanoob wrote:Most teams that are in the lottery are there because their management is horrible. So a really good player fell past all of them to us.

so accurate
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#71 » by need4detroit » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:41 pm

HoopsHype wrote:Andre Drummond has missed a bunch of alley-oops at the World Cup that he would usually finish. Should lose some weight.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#72 » by detroitKG » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:46 pm

need4detroit wrote:
HoopsHype wrote:Andre Drummond has missed a bunch of alley-oops at the World Cup that he would usually finish. Should lose some weight.

I lol'd when I saw that on twitter!
LetsGetSerious
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#73 » by LetsGetSerious » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:46 pm

detroitKG wrote:
need4detroit wrote:

I lol'd when I saw that on twitter!

Me too, comical tweet.
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#74 » by need4detroit » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Slimmin down a bit.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#75 » by jakebernat » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:13 pm

okay i love drummond on the pistons, but anyone who would take him before the brow needs to pass me what they're smoking.
LetsGetSerious
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#76 » by LetsGetSerious » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:23 am

jakebernat wrote:okay i love drummond on the pistons, but anyone who would take him before the brow needs to pass me what they're smoking.

Today? Yes

When they're both 25-26, whole other story.
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#77 » by kurtis48239 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:30 am

I just have a feeling davis will be one of those players that get injured every season,sit out alot of the regular season and play in playoff games,then by the time hes 28-29 he"ll be going on his second major injury.I dont wish it on him because I want to see how a 100% davis looks in his prime,but I just have a feeling.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#78 » by MotownMadness » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:41 am

jakebernat wrote:okay i love drummond on the pistons, but anyone who would take him before the brow needs to pass me what they're smoking.

Who said that? Ill trade Dre for Davis in a second.
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#79 » by Redeemed » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:46 am

I like Drummond's chances of reaching and surpassing Davis at some point in the near future. Davis is an incredible talent who will likely have a breakout season. Drummond is a FORCE with a desire to be coached (rare) and an opportunity to receive clear guidance under SVG and the USA Basketball system.

The takeover is coming. Davis is now. Drummond is the near future.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,348

Post#80 » by hoophabit » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:12 pm

Redeemed wrote:I like Drummond's chances of reaching and surpassing Davis at some point in the near future. Davis is an incredible talent who will likely have a breakout season. Drummond is a FORCE with a desire to be coached (rare) and an opportunity to receive clear guidance under SVG and the USA Basketball system.

The takeover is coming. Davis is now. Drummond is the near future.

I'm very much a Drummond fan, but I don't see this happening. Davis already shoots close to 80% on his FTs and actually has a midrange shot. He also seems more focused and consistent. Davis also is nowhere near his peak.

Drummond has special physical talent, but has never played with the assertiveness necessary to maximize his talent. I keep hoping to see that at some point. I was amazed that some were remarking he needed to lose weight, as he looks better now than when he came in the league. I was thinking the professional training regimen was beginning to show as he looks more powerful to me, although some of it I'm sure is just maturation.

I'm never entirely comfortable with the comparison though, as Davis is really a PF who can play some center, and Drummond is a pure center. They will always have very different roles.

Return to Detroit Pistons