ImageImageImage

The Trade Thread

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

The Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by joseph mamah » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:06 pm

It looks like trade threads are starting to clutter up the board. might as well consolidate them, im sure there will be plenty to talk about between now and the deadline.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Re: The Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:17 pm

YES! Great idea.
wallacex2jc
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#3 » by wallacex2jc » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Monroe, Jennings, KCP, Kyle Singler for Ty Lawon and Wilson Chandler. Denver's half court style of offense does not compliment Ty Lawson's play, and since all the Faried rumors are going out, they can flip him for someone else without losing too much on the rebounds. They would get another young rookie who will play hard night in and night out in KCP.

For us, we can get some spacing and some more toughness in Chandler, and Smith can get back to his original position. Ty Lawson will steer us back into the winning track. I don't worry too much about the lack of SG, since we have two expiring contracts we can always flip one for a quality SG (like Afflalo or even Deng if Chicago gives up this season for financial reasons).
menten
Sixth Man
And1: 1,013

Post#4 » by menten » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:29 pm

KCP and Stuckey for Afflalo.
Clarity
Banned User
And1: 843

Post#5 » by Clarity » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:50 pm

are starting to clutter up the board?

Where have you been?
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#6 » by sfballa13 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:34 pm

menten wrote:KCP and Stuckey for Afflalo.

Stuckey 27 pts / 6 assists / 4 rebounds / 1 TO

Singler 11 pts / 6 rebounds

Never has been a better time to trade for Afflalo lol

Stuckey, Singler, KCP for Afflalo and Big Baby
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by sfballa13 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:43 pm

What about a 3-Way Deal: Pistons - Thunder - Magic

Thunder gets: Glen Davis, Stuckey, Singler, Mitchell

Why for Thunder: Dump Perkins for 3 very productive players that will help them make a run for the Finals
Also no one in their right mind is taking Perkins, the fact he goes 1 year earlier is worth dumping their youth and Steven Adams. They need to show Durant that they want to win now.

Magic gets: Charlie V, Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones, KCP
Why for Magic? Dump Afflalo and Davis for pure expirings and in return get back two players with huge upside in Lamb and Jones and the #8 pick in last year's draft.

Detroit gets: Afflalo, Adams, Perkins

Jennings / Bynum
Afflalo / Billups
Smith / Jerebko
Monroe / Adams
Drummond / Harrelson / Perkins (doesnt see the floor lol)
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#8 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

I would focus on dumping Smith and Jennings for whatever we can get. Maybe something centered around Smith for Deng? or Chandler?

Dumping Jennings will be tougher because there are already a ton of good PG's in the league.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by sfballa13 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:15 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:I would focus on dumping Smith and Jennings for whatever we can get. Maybe something centered around Smith for Deng? or Chandler?

Dumping Jennings will be tougher because there are already a ton of good PG's in the league.

Bulls wouldnt do Smith for Deng not after Rose got hurt. Also Denver has too many bigs to get another in Smith.

I would focus on trading Smith to a desperate team like New York or Thunder

How bout this deal:

To Thunder: Josh Smith
Why? Smith >>>> Perkins, Perry Jones, Steven Adams

To Detroit: Afflalo, Perkins, Adams, Davis
Why? Take on Perkins, Davis, Afflalo (22M of salary0 in exchange for Adams and AA as a starter

To Magic: KCP, Perry Jones, Mitchell, Stuckey
Why? Dump 13M of salary in exchange for a productive expiring in Stuckey who may resign and KCP, Jones, Mitchell

Jennings / Bynum
Afflalo / Billups
Singler / Datome / Jerebko
Monroe / Davis / Charlie V
Drummond / Adams / Perkins

We could then move Singler (1M), Charlie V (8M expiring), and Adams for a SF
We get a redo on Smith at the cost of taking on Perkins but we get Adams who would look great off the bench as the 3rd big. This is a deal that would lead to another deal for the Pistons.
onetwothree
Senior
And1: 440

Post#10 » by onetwothree » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm

TO TORONTO:
Josh Smith
Andre Drummond
Throw in Rodney Stuckey
maybe even Jonas Jerebko

TO DETROIT
Quincy Acy
A big trade exception
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#11 » by BadWolf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:24 pm

^ you have to think about both teams when you propose a trade, above makes no sense for Thunder. They have ibaka, who's what you want from Smith. And no other center after you trade perk and adams.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by sfballa13 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:26 pm

BadWolf wrote:^ you have to think about both teams when you propose a trade, above makes no sense for Thunder. They have ibaka, who's what you want from Smith. And no other center after you trade perk and adams.

We could send them Harrelson to cover Adams minutes he isnt giving them 20/10 he is averaging 5 pts / 5 rebounds on 18 minutes pretty sure Harrelson or any veteran center can put up those type of minutes.

Ok I can understand how the first trade may be bad for OKC but not the second.

Perkins, Jones III, and Adams are averaging 11 pts / 11 rebounds / 1 block COMBINED.

The trade is Perkins for Josh Smith flat out and OKC could sit and dream for a better trade scenario but they won't find one team in the NBA to take on Perkins at the very small cost of Steven Adams and Jones.

Smith is currently averaging 15 pts / 6 rebounds / 3 assists / 2 blocks on 40% shooting.

Westbrook and Durant wouldnt let Smith take his typical 4-5 dumb shots a game thus improving his FG%. Also Smith gives OKC another All-Star to take the focus off Durant.

Why wouldn't OKC do this? Two more years of Perkins <<<<<< 4 years of Josh Smith. Let's face it Durant is gone unless management can show him something he isnt stupid and Jay-Z knows that his image and endorsements would be much greater in a better market.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#13 » by Notanoob » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:42 pm

The Thunder consider Adams their future at C, and they need guys there. You can't suggest that they get rid of all of their centers, that's just plain ridiculous even if they don't produce much. Imagine them trying to play against all of the quality C's in the league without a single 7 footer to even make them work a bit. It's nuts. They want to dump Perk but they need a C who is better than any scrub you could pick up off the street.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by sfballa13 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Notanoob wrote:The Thunder consider Adams their future at C, and they need guys there. You can't suggest that they get rid of all of their centers, that's just plain ridiculous even if they don't produce much. Imagine them trying to play against all of the quality C's in the league without a single 7 footer to even make them work a bit. It's nuts. They want to dump Perk but they need a C who is better than any scrub you could pick up off the street.

Actually it's not ridiculous. Perkins and Adams play 18 minutes a game each. Harrelson right now could easily pick up Perkins minutes and probably play better. Have you seen Perkins play before or are you just basing it off his stats? He is fricking terrible. He has no business seeing a basketball floor. Not for 1M and especially not for 8.6M.

Ibaka can slide to C against smaller teams and he is big enough to make it work.

Yeh OKC loses its potential C of the future (which is kind of a stretch here considering he has shown solid play but nothing spectacular 5 pts / 5 rebounds in 18 minutes) but who gives a **** when you are fighting to keep Durant who already has one foot out the door?

Durant and Westbrook are not going to sit around and wait for the Thunder management to do nothing. They traded Harden for Martin who ended up walking. The main piece from the Harden trade is Steven Adams. Bring Westbrook, Durant, and even Ibaka into a room and ask them who they would rather have Perkins, Adams, Jones or Smith and a veteran C covering the minutes lost from the departure of their two Cs.

No one in the West comes close to touching a lineup of Westbrook / Durant / Smith / Ibaka sorry.

Orlando does this deal as well dumping 14M of salary for a productive expiring in Stuckey and KCP/Jones III.

We get our starting SG, a great young big off the bench, productive PF in Davis, and a chance to trade all those pieces for a good SF. In fact I wouldnt mind including Bynum, Jerebko, and a very future first to take on Nelson at least we can get a decent back up for Jennings and get rid of Bynum / Jerebko who have fallen out of the rotation and are getting paid over 7M combined

Everyone wins :D
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#15 » by Notanoob » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:28 pm

sfballa13 wrote:Actually it's not ridiculous. Perkins and Adams play 18 minutes a game each. Harrelson right now could easily pick up Perkins minutes and probably play better. Have you seen Perkins play before or are you just basing it off his stats? He is fricking terrible. He has no business seeing a basketball floor. Not for 1M and especially not for 8.6M.

Ibaka can slide to C against smaller teams and he is big enough to make it work.
Hah, "Am I basing this off of stats?" Are you kidding me? Perk's stats blow. Watching him tells me he blows. On the GB, there's a thread begging OKC to get rid of Perk. Every OKC trade on the trade board has them getting rid of Perk somehow. He blows. I know. It's impossible for me NOT to know. But even then, that's 36 minutes at C that you want Jorts to play, and Ibaka to play even more? I know Ibaka's big, but it's like LBJ. If he's forced to guard C's all the time, then he's going to get worn down, ground down, into dust. Just because a guy can play spot minutes does not mean that he can hold up in big minutes, which would be required of him in this situation.

sfballa13 wrote:Yeh OKC loses its potential C of the future (which is kind of a stretch here considering he has shown solid play but nothing spectacular 5 pts / 5 rebounds in 18 minutes) but who gives a **** when you are fighting to keep Durant who already has one foot out the door?
Despite Adam's meager stat line, he's been playing well, especially for a mid round pick in a terrible draft, and being a raw Aussie. He's got a lot of developing to do still, but he's already a decent C and he's on a super-cheap contract.

sfballa13 wrote:Durant and Westbrook are not going to sit around and wait for the Thunder management to do nothing. They traded Harden for Martin who ended up walking. The main piece from the Harden trade is Steven Adams. Bring Westbrook, Durant, and even Ibaka into a room and ask them who they would rather have Perkins, Adams, Jones or Smith and a veteran C covering the minutes lost from the departure of their two Cs.

No one in the West comes close to touching a lineup of Westbrook / Durant / Smith / Ibaka sorry.
I'd love to see Ibaka guarding Howard, Bogut, or Marc Gasol for 36 minutes. The speculation about Durant is getting a bit nuts, and I doubt they'll enjoy Smith's dumb chucking any more than we do. They're already set at PF.

sfballa13 wrote:Orlando does this deal as well dumping 14M of salary for a productive expiring in Stuckey and KCP/Jones III.

We get our starting SG, a great young big off the bench, productive PF in Davis, and a chance to trade all those pieces for a good SF. In fact I wouldnt mind including Bynum, Jerebko, and a very future first to take on Nelson at least we can get a decent back up for Jennings and get rid of Bynum / Jerebko who have fallen out of the rotation and are getting paid over 7M combined

Everyone wins :D

We win, but the Magic could do better than that. Oladipo is already their SG, why give them two more? And PGIII hasn't done squat either. They don't need to dump these guys that bad, they're still a bad team and won't be needing a lot of cap space for a while. Just dump Afflalo to a contender for a first round pick to tank better and grab whatever prospect fits their system. It's not a bad trade for the Magic, but I bet they can do better.

Plus, you'd have us basically playing with 4 centers in Andre, Moose, Perk and Addams. That's just nuts, especially considering the salary we take on would prevent us from resigning Monroe, forcing us to trade him for lower value if teams know we have to trade him or let him walk.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by sfballa13 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37 pm

First of all, Harrelson could play 10 minutes easily. That leaves 24 minutes unaccounted for. Ibaka can play 5-10 minutes at C no problem and that wouldnt put a hamper on his game. That leaves 16-20 minutes for a veteran C like Okafor or Kwame Brown to cover. Again no problem. Can I imagine Ibaka playing 36 minutes against Dwight, Bogut (if healthy), or Gasol? No, but he wont have to. And honestly what other C's are there in the West. Miami probably will come out of the East again who is their center? Chris Bosh. Stop making the trading of both centers a big deal. They are not trading the anchor of their defense in Tyson Chandler. They are trading garbage **** Perkins and a rookie, give me a break.

Second, no matter how cheap Adams is, he doesnt come near to producing what Smith could put up on a team like OKC and no he wouldnt be able to chuck within that offense not with Westbrook and Durant taking up 80% of shots. He would become far more efficient by default.

Third, yes Durant is extremely upset. He lost Harden when OKC could have just amnestied Perkins. They didnt even attempt to resign Martin. The management went into this season thinking Lamb and Adams would pick up the slack left by Harden then Martin, a joke. That's a spit in the face of KD.

Smith gives OKC another offensive threat, a great defender, and most importantly another big player who would make OKC better than they were with Perkins/Adams and last year with Martin.

Finally, Orlando can't find any comparable or better deal. Name a team that can trade an expiring contract that is not a trash player and will actually contribute along with a top 10 pick? You suggest they trade him to a contender for a late 1st round pick and expirings how does that help them at all? Orlando also dumps Davis. No one is giving up a 1st for him. Here the Magic get pure expirings for him. Sorry no they cant do better.

Edit: You also mention that we are taking on extra salary. Smith gets paid 13.5M and Davis, Perkins, Adams get paid 16.5M. Afflalo makes 2M less than Stuckey and Mitchell thus canceling out the extra 3M we are spending on the bigs. We can still resign Monroe (yeh we would be over the tax but Gores can and will pay it)

I only wish I could somehow send this trade to the three teams involved
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by sfballa13 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Here is another deal I would do, (modified version of a trade forum thread)

To Rockets: Smith, Stuckey, Singler

To Denver: Asik, Mitchell, Pistons 2nd

To Detroit: Chandler, Jones, Lin

Houston gets a productive expiring in Stuckey for Lin, trades Asik+Jones for Smith.

Denver gets a quality C for Chandler.

Detroit moves Smith and Stuckey (who has been playing great) for Lin, Chandler, and a great backup for Monroe in Jones.

Lin / Jennings
KCP / Billups
Chandler / Datome
Monroe / Jones
Drummond / Harrelson
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#18 » by qm22 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:01 am

sfballa13 wrote:Here is another deal I would do, (modified version of a trade forum thread)

Houston gets a productive expiring in Stuckey for Lin, trades Asik+Jones for Smith.

Detroit moves Smith and Stuckey (who has been playing great) for Lin, Chandler, and a great backup for Monroe in Jones.

Lin / Jennings
KCP / Billups
Chandler / Datome
Monroe / Jones
Drummond / Harrelson

I think if we trade for Lin it would be beneficial to keep Smith, and I think there is little chance of Houston trading Chandler. I'm not so sure they trade Lin either. If they do maybe they take Stuckey and Jennings for Lin, which I believe helps Houston since, allegedly, Lin can't be fully utilized with Harden.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#19 » by sc8581 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:37 am

qm22 wrote:
sfballa13 wrote:Here is another deal I would do, (modified version of a trade forum thread)

Lin / Jennings
KCP / Billups
Chandler / Datome
Monroe / Jones
Drummond / Harrelson

I think if we trade for Lin it would be beneficial to keep Smith, and I think there is little chance of Houston trading Chandler. I'm not so sure they trade Lin either. If they do maybe they take Stuckey and Jennings for Lin, which I believe helps Houston since, allegedly, Lin can't be fully utilized with Harden.

Houston doesn't have Chandler, he's on Denver and the rest of what you said doesn't really make sense either.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by sfballa13 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:47 am

sc8581 wrote:
qm22 wrote:

Lin / Jennings
KCP / Billups
Chandler / Datome
Monroe / Jones
Drummond / Harrelson

Houston doesn't have Chandler, he's on Denver and the rest of what you said doesn't really make sense either.

Chandler plays for Denver.

Denver is listed in my trade.

Return to Detroit Pistons