ImageImageImage

The Trade Thread

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Re: The Trade Thread 

Post#1601 » by jakebernat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:You're right the sky is falling. Lets ignore the fact that the Suns missed the playoffs and Dragic is the alpha PG in PHX. Lets ignore the numerous reports of Kyrie begging his way out of Cleveland. Lets ignore than Lowry is an unrestricted free agent and money ALWAYS talks. Overpaying for a guy like Rubio who can't finish and can't shoot sounds a like a foretold mistake. He's going to get more money because he's that 15 year old phenom people gushing about nearly a decade ago. And lol at dissing Shaun Livingston. News flash, you can't build a contender with an all star at every position. There's a thing called a salary cap. This isn't NBA 2K.

talk about getting your panties in a bunch...

alpha PG? did you watch the suns at all this year??? bledsoe and dragic operate seamlessly together. they missed the playoffs (in the much better west...) because bledsoe missed significant time due to injury. they're going to upgrade their talent up front, then lock up their two stud guards.

please tell me ONE time a number 1 overall pick changed teams as a restricted free agent. you're delusional. kyrie's stuck in cleveland whether he likes it or not.

money talks, yes, but in case you forgot, we kind of have our own 80 million dollar dumars special to deal with as well as a power forward playing RFA center who's likely to garner near-max money, soooo yeah. money's kind of an object at the moment.

"And lol at dissing Shaun Livingston. News flash, you can't build a contender with an all star at every position. There's a thing called a salary cap. This isn't NBA 2K."
this is gold. you're going to bash me for wanting rubio, then call me out for not wanting livingston as the starting PG? "this isn't 2k" hahahahah okay let me know when shaun livingston is the starting PG of a championship team. i'll hold my breath.
Joe Berry
Veteran
And1: 418

Post#1602 » by Joe Berry » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:04 pm

I guess Joe Johnson is out of the question?

- trade Smith/Jennings for Johnson
- draft Gary Harris
- sign Lowry in FA

Lowry/Bynum
KCP/Harris
JJ/Singler
Monroe/Jerebko
Drummond/Jorts
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#1603 » by Neptune » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Joe Asberry wrote:- trade Smith/Jennings for Johnson

Johnson would be a nice pick-up. I doubt the Pistons do it though.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#1604 » by ImHeisenberg » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Joe Asberry wrote:I guess Joe Johnson is out of the question?

- trade Smith/Jennings for Johnson
- draft Gary Harris
- sign Lowry in FA

Lowry/Jennings
KCP/Harris
JJ/Singler
Monroe/Jerebko
Drummond/Jorts

Toronto is planning to retain Lowry, so I don't see how this team has a shot at him. They can't offer a max contract, so Toronto can just beat our offer.

Additionally, I wouldn't take Harris with the 8th overall pick. Personal opinion, but I don't think the reward outweighs the risk when we already have KCP- another shaky shooter who can play defense.

I would be up for Smith/Jennings for Joe Johnson. Even though I think he has two more seasons on that deal. At least he can shoot the ball.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach

Post#1605 » by ImHeisenberg » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:28 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q6tq9ee

Trade Josh Smith and Datome to Sacramento for Rudy Gay (who's likely to pick up his option).

Malone gets a 4 who can defend next to Cousins. Detroit gets a legit 3, and a large expiring contract.
Joe Berry
Veteran
And1: 418

Post#1606 » by Joe Berry » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 pm

I think Ujiri tried to trade Lowry very hard until they started winning. He almost landed in NYC for trash but the Knicks refused to give up a draft pick. The Pistons got like 12 mil max capspace in the summer. You can throw a 4y/50 mil contract at Lowry and then we'll see if Toronto will match that to retain him, i doubt it.

Yes Gay might be an option, i am all for getting an expiring contract for Smith and Gay actually can play SF, JJ would be a better shooter. Its actually not that easy to trade Smith for a perimeter player with a large salary who could be available and help this team. I am afraid we might be stuck with Smith for at least another season.

I am hoping for Smart to drop to 8 but that might be a long shot.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#1607 » by Neptune » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:Trade Josh Smith and Datome to Sacramento for Rudy Gay (who's likely to pick up his option).

Malone gets a 4 who can defend next to Cousins. Detroit gets a legit 3, and a large expiring contract.

Yes. Lets make it happen!

I'll call Dumars and have him advise this deal, I guess.
ufsports
Pro Prospect
And1: 479

Post#1608 » by ufsports » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Joe Asberry wrote:I think Ujiri tried to trade Lowry very hard until they started winning. He almost landed in NYC for trash but the Knicks refused to give up a draft pick. The Pistons got like 12 mil max capspace in the summer. You can throw a 4y/50 mil contract at Lowry and then we'll see if Toronto will match that to retain him, i doubt it.

Yes Gay might be an option, i am all for getting an expiring contract for Smith and Gay actually can play SF, JJ would be a better shooter. Its actually not that easy to trade Smith for a perimeter player with a large salary who could be available and help this team. I am afraid we might be stuck with Smith for at least another season.

I am hoping for Smart to drop to 8 but that might be a long shot.

Idk if Toronto would give up Lowry for anything considering he was one of the best players on their best team in franchise history, but if we could get him, I think a lot of our problems could be solved. He would be a better defender, better 3 pt. shooter, and better passer than Jennings. The thing with Rudy with me is that he needs a strong coach to keep him in check, kind of like we needed with Josh Smith. If we were going to offer Rudy a new contract when his current one ends, what would it look like? If it could be less than ten mil a year, I say we would really win that deal

If Smart could drop to eight, that'd be a dream come true. Imo, he could be a true franchise point guard, if he can improve his outside shot:)
Scraptor wrote:
Zubby wrote:Dalmbert & Chandler are about equal except Dalembert can stay healthy.

Some statements are so ridiculous they should result in a timeout, so the poster can sit in a corner and think about what he wrote.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#1609 » by MotownMadness » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Depends on what Toronto does in the playoffs. If they come out and get theyre asses kicked than Ujiiri might not think twice about letting the team bottom out and letting Lowry walk instead of signing him to a big contract. Lowry still concerns me though. Hes been a top5 PG this year but he hasn't always had the best health and hes playing like this in a contract year.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,060

Post#1610 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:39 am

Smith & Jennings for Boozer and Dunleavy. Get expiring vets good in the locker room (far as I know). Bulls need more offense.

Would we have to sweeten with the #8 for one or two of Chicago's later picks (16 & 19)?
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1611 » by jakebernat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:48 am

Laimbeer wrote:Smith & Jennings for Boozer and Dunleavy. Get expiring vets good in the locker room (far as I know). Bulls need more offense.

Would we have to sweeten with the #8 for one or two of Chicago's later picks (16 & 19)?

Bulls are going to amnesty boozer so they can make a run at melo.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#1612 » by sfballa13 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:58 pm

The trade that no one has mentioned is the one we should be focused on:

KMart + Love
for
Monroe + #8 + Bynum
---We get a starting SG and an awesome PF to pair with Drummond

Then move Smith for Gay, Green, Joe Johnson
--- Brooklyn probably would move JJ+Plumlee for Smith, KCP, and Jerebko. They get a new starting 2 and a solid PF to pair up with Lopez next year. A core of Deron-KCP-Smith-Lopez is only missing a SF to be a complete team. Money is not an issue as they fielded the most expensive roster in NBA history this season.

Finally, we give the rest of our available cap space to Lowry in a front loaded deal

Lowry / Jennings
KMart / Singler
JJ / Datome
Love / Plumlee
Drummond / Harrelson

No way in hell Flip Saunders turns down Monroe AND a top top pick for Love. No one can offer a better deal period.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#1613 » by MotownMadness » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:46 pm

sfballa13 wrote:The trade that no one has mentioned is the one we should be focused on:

KMart + Love
for
Monroe + #8 + Bynum

--- Brooklyn probably would move JJ+Plumlee for Smith, KCP, and Jerebko. They get a new starting 2 and a solid PF to pair up with Lopez next year. A core of Deron-KCP-Smith-Lopez is only missing a SF to be a complete team. Money is not an issue as they fielded the most expensive roster in NBA history this season.

Finally, we give the rest of our available cap space to Lowry in a front loaded deal

Lowry / Jennings
KMart / Singler
JJ / Datome
Love / Plumlee
Drummond / Harrelson

No way in hell Flip Saunders turns down Monroe AND a top top pick for Love. No one can offer a better deal period.

Good Idea, except your forgetting the small little detail that Love will NOT resign here.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach

Post#1614 » by ImHeisenberg » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:54 pm

sfballa13 wrote:The trade that no one has mentioned is the one we should be focused on:

KMart + Love
for
Monroe + #8 + Bynum

That's because we can't trade Monroe.

Even if you wanted to sign and trade Monroe, he would have to be willing to go to Minnesota and continue to lose there (VERY unlikely).

How many times do people need to be reminded that Monroe is a free agent? Christ. :banghead:
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#1615 » by sfballa13 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:54 pm

MotownMadness wrote:

KMart + Love
for
Monroe + #8 + Bynum

Lowry / Jennings
KMart / Singler
JJ / Datome
Love / Plumlee
Drummond / Harrelson

Good Idea, except your forgetting the small little detail that Love will NOT resign here.

Love could very well re-sign in Detroit, he wants to win and he wants to play with an organization that features him

Even Minny didnt "feature" him as they chose not to max him out and he is still holding resentment from that

This is our chance of being relevant again and maybe after he plays a few seasons with Lowry - Drummond we can convince him to stay, if not we can get something for him in a trade in two years. Worst case scenario we should be able to get another starting caliber PF or draft pick in a trade.

Love and Drummond would be a fearsome duo and rebounds would be very hard to come by between them. Also Love really compliments Drummond's game perfectly as he really has extended his range in recent years.

Lowry - Kmart - Love - Drummond is the best unit he has ever played with and should be able to produce a playoff team in the East. Id do this deal in a heartbeat. Monroe is good but nothing special, #8 is unknown at this point, Pistons would be back on the map with this deal. Also dont underestimate the respect refs give superstars like Love.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach

Post#1616 » by sfballa13 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:56 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:

KMart + Love
for
Monroe + #8 + Bynum

That's because we can't trade Monroe.

Even if you wanted to sign and trade Monroe, he would have to be willing to go to Minnesota and continue to lose there (VERY unlikely).

How many times do people need to be reminded that Monroe is a free agent? Christ. :banghead:

Monroe will sign with whatever team gives him the most money period. Minnesota will max Monroe out and he will finally get to play with a good PG in Rubio and a solid C prospect in Dieng. Dont forget Falk is Monroe's agent and will guide him towards the $.

Plus Monroe is NOT a free agent he is a RESTRICTED free agent meaning that he has absolutely no say in where in he ends up because we can match any deal. Meaning let him go sign somewhere else, we will match it and then trade him later if necessary. So it doesnt matter where he WANTS to go, take Eric Gordon for example or Roy Hibbert. Both signed max deals to leave their team and both Pelicans and Pacers matched those offers.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach

Post#1617 » by ImHeisenberg » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:07 pm

sfballa13 wrote:Plus Monroe is NOT a free agent he is a RESTRICTED free agent meaning that he has absolutely no say in where in he ends up because we can match any deal.

Detroit can match an offer sheet. But, if they deal is a S&T to Minnesota that he's not interested in, he can just accept the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted FA next season.

You're making way too many assumptions. Additionally, the trade is just bad. One year of Kevin Love for Monroe and a top 10 pick in the 2014 lottery? No thanks.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,936

Post#1618 » by tmorgan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Well, you can certainly work on a theoretical extension with Love before you finish the deal, right?

Drummond/Love seems like it would be awesome, but it does kind of seem like rebounding overkill, and unless Drummond shapes up his defense, we'll be just as bad on the interior as we are now -- Love and Monroe are quite similar defensively (big, slow laterally, strong frames but not the type to muscle you out of position).
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1619 » by EMG518 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Im curious what everyone thinks of Josh Smith. If the Knicks say offered you Bargnani's expiring and Iman Shumpert for him. You could clear that cap space off the back end of your books and pick up a versatile guard on a rookie contract.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#1620 » by Notanoob » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Many of us would do it in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't let Bargs anywhere close to the Palace. His total apathy for rebounding and defense is infections and he's clearly even a larger negative than his terrible play suggests. I'd buy him out and tell him to never visit.

Return to Detroit Pistons