Around the League

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,072

Re: Around the League 

Post#1741 » by MrBigShot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:46 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Someone on the GB just compared Korver to Ben Wallace in terms of being an elite role player....wow. Korver is quickly becoming the most overrated player on all of realgm. He's thought of on here the way a casual fan thinks of Klay Thompson.

Charles said on TNT he felt Jennings or Knight should've made the all star team instead of Wade.

Korvers shootng something like 57% from the 3. He is a elite roll player.

Yeah, I agree that...my issue with it was comparing his impact on a team to Big Ben and claiming ben was a role player.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#1742 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:04 am

MrBigShot wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Someone on the GB just compared Korver to Ben Wallace in terms of being an elite role player....wow. Korver is quickly becoming the most overrated player on all of realgm. He's thought of on here the way a casual fan thinks of Klay Thompson.

Charles said on TNT he felt Jennings or Knight should've made the all star team instead of Wade.

Yeah, I agree that...my issue with it was comparing his impact on a team to Big Ben and claiming ben was a role player.

That entire team were role players with in our system. Ben wallace needed our team as much as our team needed ben wallace. If in their heads it makes them feel better to say he's just a scrub, more power to them, doesn't change the fact that Bwall was a impact player
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,072

Post#1743 » by MrBigShot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:15 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

That entire team were role players with in our system. Ben wallace needed our team as much as our team needed ben wallace. If in their heads it makes them feel better to say he's just a scrub, more power to them, doesn't change the fact that Bwall was a impact player

I see what you're saying. Maybe this is just me, but when I think of the term "role player" as its used in basketball, I immediately think of a player who plays a minor role in the team filling a particular niche. Someone who helps the team but who's absence would not effect the team profoundly. Korver helps the team a lot, but Horford/Milsap/Teague are all significantly more important. Plug in someone like Courtney Lee who is not as great a shooter as Korver but is still a reliable shooter who can knock down open shots (47% from 3 this year) and they're still contenders imo.

I think most will agree that Ben Wallace/Chauncey were the two best players from our going to work team. A top 2 player and a guy as fundamentally important to a team as Ben was can't be labelled as a role player imo. I don't consider anyone from our 03-04 starting lineup a role player, though a case could be made for Tay.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1744 » by DBC10 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 am

Knight has a real chance to appear in his first all star game. Wow.

Thanks Dumars.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1745 » by chrbal » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:13 am

You'd rather have Knight then Jennings? I'll take my chances with Jennings.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#1746 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:01 am

chrbal wrote:You'd rather have Knight then Jennings? I'll take my chances with Jennings.

i would rather having jennings pre Achilles, however that dream is gone. Look at all the players that have torn their achilles and there career after. With Jennings size, he depended a lot on his speed, with that gone, he becomes a average PG. Now i'd take knight(admit knight homer since day 1) only if SVG is our head coach. If he can take Jameer and Brandon and reign them in, he can take knight who has twice the work ethic of both
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,052

Post#1747 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Feb 1, 2015 4:09 am

Knight has been really, really good this year, but then again Jennings after Smith was traded was dynamite. Im torn as to who I would rather have if both were healthy as a Pistons fan right now.

I do know this though, probably gave up on Knight a tad to early. Kid has a work ethic like no other. Just my two cents
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#1748 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 9:24 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Knight has been really, really good this year, but then again Jennings after Smith was traded was dynamite. Im torn as to who I would rather have if both were healthy as a Pistons fan right now.

I do know this though, probably gave up on Knight a tad to early. Kid has a work ethic like no other. Just my two cents

i want to punch you so hard right now, i swear i repeated this back in the kemba vs knight threads
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1749 » by DBC10 » Thu Feb 5, 2015 6:05 pm

I'd love to make a run for Khris Middleton from the Bucks. He's shooting an absurd number from the 3 and has shown some improvement in getting off his own shot even. Top 15 in defense rating last I checked too. They have Giannis and Jabari anyways.

Let's bring him home.

On a another note, I think Steph Curry is a lock for MVP. He is so insane to watch.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#1750 » by sc8581 » Thu Feb 5, 2015 9:24 pm

DBC10 wrote:I'd love to make a run for Khris Middleton from the Bucks. He's shooting an absurd number from the 3 and has shown some improvement in getting off his own shot even. Top 15 in defense rating last I checked too. They have Giannis and Jabari anyways.

Let's bring him home.

On a another note, I think Steph Curry is a lock for MVP. He is so insane to watch.

Middleton might be a possibility in the summer but not right now.

Curry isn't even the best player on his team if you ask me, I think Harden and A. Davis have the edge on him right now.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#1751 » by sfballa13 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 3:49 am

Maxiell turning back the clock tonight

11 pts, 8 rebounds, 7 blocks in Charlotte's win over the Wizards
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1752 » by Dcebucks11 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 9:32 am

DBC10 wrote:I'd love to make a run for Khris Middleton from the Bucks. He's shooting an absurd number from the 3 and has shown some improvement in getting off his own shot even. Top 15 in defense rating last I checked too. They have Giannis and Jabari anyways.

Let's bring him home.

Middleton is most likely staying in MIL, they'll match any offer sheet. He's been playing SG and playing it well... Jabari and Giannis are 3/4..

Pistons can have knight back tho.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1753 » by DBC10 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 3:25 pm

sc8581 wrote:

Let's bring him home.

Middleton might be a possibility in the summer but not right now.

Curry isn't even the best player on his team if you ask me, I think Harden and A. Davis have the edge on him right now.

No way, Curry is the de facto best player on that team. Everyone benefits because of his insane gravitational pull away from the paint. He can shoot from anywhere so everybody is on their toes as soon as he crosses the half court line. There's a reason why he's an MVP candidate this year anyways.

I think it's Curry, Harden, and Lebron. Lebron mainly because he's pretty much back to form after his injury and the Cavs are an absolute beast right now.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#1754 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Feb 6, 2015 3:31 pm

DBC10 wrote:No way, Curry is the de facto best player on that team. Everyone benefits because of his insane gravitational pull away from the paint. He can shoot from anywhere so everybody is on their toes as soon as he crosses the half court line. There's a reason why he's an MVP candidate this year anyways.

You would have to be a fool if you didn't know Curry is the best player on that team. He makes everyone around him better.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1755 » by DBC10 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 3:36 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:
DBC10 wrote:No way, Curry is the de facto best player on that team. Everyone benefits because of his insane gravitational pull away from the paint. He can shoot from anywhere so everybody is on their toes as soon as he crosses the half court line. There's a reason why he's an MVP candidate this year anyways.

You would have to be a fool if you didn't know Curry is the best player on that team. He makes everyone around him better.

Yeah...who would be even considered better than Curry? Klay? He can't create for himself like Curry can with his insane handles and unlimited shooting range. Draymond? Same thing again. Bogut? Same thing since he's not in his earlier days. Lee? He's older now. Iggy? Lol nah.

But seriously.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#1756 » by sc8581 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 6:35 pm

DBC10 wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:

Yeah...who would be even considered better than Curry? Klay? He can't create for himself like Curry can with his insane handles and unlimited shooting range. Draymond? Same thing again. Bogut? Same thing since he's not in his earlier days. Lee? He's older now. Iggy? Lol nah.

But seriously.

Klay is averaging like 23ppg, you don't do that if you can't create for yourself. He's also a really good defender where Steph, eh, not so much. Kind of reminds me of the Jordan/Pippen argument.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1757 » by DBC10 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:54 am

sc8581 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:

But seriously.

Klay is averaging like 23ppg, you don't do that if you can't create for yourself. He's also a really good defender where Steph, eh, not so much. Kind of reminds me of the Jordan/Pippen argument.

1. I said Klay can't create himself as well as Curry, which is true since Klays catch and shoot usage is high. 2. Klay isn't and never has been the number 1 option during the Curry era. Curry is averaging 23/8/6 with a couple steals and historic efficiency. He's the best player on the team, there's little debate. Whenever Curry sits, they're noticeably worse also.

There's a reason why the MVP race is Harden/Curry/Lebron with Klay not even touching (or noticeably far away) those 3. If you're a leading candidate for the MVP then you are your teams best player.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#1758 » by sc8581 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 1:26 am

DBC10 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

But seriously.

1. I said Klay can't create himself as well as Curry, which is true since Klays catch and shoot usage is high. 2. Klay isn't and never has been the number 1 option during the Curry era. Curry is averaging 23/8/6 with a couple steals and historic efficiency. He's the best player on the team, there's little debate. Whenever Curry sits, they're noticeably worse also.

There's a reason why the MVP race is Harden/Curry/Lebron with Klay not even touching (or noticeably far away) those 3. If you're a leading candidate for the MVP then you are your teams best player.

Really? Durant won the MVP and he wasn't unquestionably the best player on his team.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1759 » by DBC10 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 2:21 am

sc8581 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

Really? Durant won the MVP and he wasn't unquestionably the best player on his team.

Unquestionably no, it doesnt hold the same weight as your original Klay Vs. Curry argument though. Both would've been in the argument for MVP had Russ stayed healthy since KD had to carry for a while and during that time had one of the best performances and historic numbers for anyone his age. That's a whole different argument now. One was arguably the best SF in the league at the time while the other was top 2 if not the best PG in the league. They're options 1A and 1B while Curry is 1 with elite playmaking and offense while providing adequate defense. Curry is the top 1 pg in the league right now while Klay isn't the number 1 SG with that going to Harden who is literally carrying the Rockets in the blood bath West.

Seriously, the original argument of Curry not being the best player is absurd. He does a lot of everything better than anyone on his team. Shoot, dish, dribble drive, steals, rebounding, etc. You can't say the same for anyone else on the team with the same impact. He's the primary reason why they're the best team in the West. There is little debate to be had.

There are good reasons why people have been clamoring his MVP status, they don't just arbitrarily give it to him. Curry is their most valuable player, I think anyone in their FO and other teams can see that.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#1760 » by sc8581 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 2:29 am

Klay > Harden
Two sides of the ball.
Curry is not a better player than Westbrook

Return to Detroit Pistons