ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,074

Re: Around the League 

Post#1541 » by MrBigShot » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if Knight would still consider signing with us in the off season...(obviously we'd have to offer enough to keep milwaukee from matching).
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#1542 » by ImHeisenberg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:54 pm

MrBigShot wrote:Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if Knight would still consider signing with us in the off season...(obviously we'd have to offer enough to keep milwaukee from matching).

If Knight keeps playing like he has, it would take a 4-year max contract offer. Even then, Milwaukee would probably match, in that scenario.

Watched the Warriors play last night (wanted to see what good basketball looked like, I guess). Steph Curry is an amazing shooter, wish we had someone like him in Detroit.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1543 » by DBC10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:20 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if Knight would still consider signing with us in the off season...(obviously we'd have to offer enough to keep milwaukee from matching).

If Knight keeps playing like he has, it would take a 4-year max contract offer. Even then, Milwaukee would probably match, in that scenario.

Watched the Warriors play last night (wanted to see what good basketball looked like, I guess). Steph Curry is an amazing shooter, wish we had someone like him in Detroit.

I wouldn't mind throwing some money at Knight. He's literally one of the perfect SVG PGs, since he can space the floor and occasionally drive and kick. He's developed well with the Bucks. I see him as a Jeff Teague type trajectory.

And Steph is the best offensive player in the league right now. Easily best shooter, can drive, has great passing, and can defend now. He shot 81% last game from 3, that's 2K numbers.

If he keeps this up, he's the next MVP. Easily.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach

Post#1544 » by ImHeisenberg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:34 pm

DBC10 wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:

I wouldn't mind throwing some money at Knight. He's literally one of the perfect SVG PGs, since he can space the floor and occasionally drive and kick. He's developed well with the Bucks. I see him as a Jeff Teague type trajectory.

And Steph is the best offensive player in the league right now. Easily best shooter, can drive, has great passing, and can defend now. He shot 81% last game from 3, that's 2K numbers.

I don't believe Knight is a realistic target. Either he keeps up his 20 PPG and 8 assists on solid shooting and Milwaukee matches any offer he signs, or he regresses to the mean and isn't worth kicking the tires on.

Additionally, how the draft shakes out will make a big impact on where Detroit steers once in free agency begins. If we can draft Mudiay, our focus shifts to small forward and power forward.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1545 » by DBC10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:36 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:

I don't believe Knight is a realistic target. Either he keeps up his 20 PPG and 8 assists on solid shooting and Milwaukee matches any offer he signs, or he regresses to the mean and isn't worth kicking the tires on.

Additionally, how the draft shakes out will make a big impact on where Detroit steers once in free agency begins. If we can draft Mudiay, our focus shifts to small forward and power forward.

If we draft Mudiay, I'd be pretty happy. Additionally, I wouldn't mind drafting a stud wing over a PG either. I feel like our young assets in Dre, Dinwiddie, and KCP are a pretty decent way to rebuild.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,074

Post#1546 » by MrBigShot » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Jahlil Okafor is the guy I'd want us to draft. He already has a skill set that is very rare to find in young big men these days. He's a future 20/10 guy in this league imo. We do already have Dre, but if we end up in a position to draft that high, you always go with BPA, and anyway...this season has illustrated that nobody on this roster is untouchable.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Post#1547 » by kf96 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:01 pm

I would draft Justise Winslow or Stanley Johnson
Sheeeeed
Starter
And1: 226

Post#1548 » by Sheeeeed » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm not too impressed with the wing prospects in this draft, going Big is probably the way to go in this draft especially with Monroe probably gone.
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#1549 » by Hotmayo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Zak irvin or caris Levert
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1550 » by DBC10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:03 pm

The Grizzlies have been extremely good. Looks like they haven't missed a beat since Hollins left, while Hollins' Nets are awful.
Sheeeeed
Starter
And1: 226

Post#1551 » by Sheeeeed » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:53 pm

DBC10 wrote:The Grizzlies have been extremely good. Looks like they haven't missed a beat since Hollins left, while Hollins' Nets are awful.

Hollins + Billy King is a match made in a hell.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#1552 » by ducler » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:32 pm

Want to see Mitchell play some SF in D-League.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#1553 » by dVs33 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:41 pm

ducler wrote:Want to see Mitchell play some SF in D-League.

They have the games on youtube. he had some nice highlights, but I'm not sure if he played SF.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1554 » by DBC10 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:20 am

Sheeeeed wrote:
DBC10 wrote:The Grizzlies have been extremely good. Looks like they haven't missed a beat since Hollins left, while Hollins' Nets are awful.

Hollins + Billy King is a match made in a hell.

True that brother.

The thing is, on paper, the Nets should easily be anywhere from 4th through 8th seed in the East (which isn't really saying much, but I digress). There's no reason for them to be playing worse than the Bucks or the Hawks. Billy King should probably be fired.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach

Post#1555 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:51 pm

DBC10 wrote:If we draft Mudiay, I'd be pretty happy. Additionally, I wouldn't mind drafting a stud wing over a PG either. I feel like our young assets in Dre, Dinwiddie, and KCP are a pretty decent way to rebuild.

I wouldn't hesitate to draft Mudiay (at this point). He's 6'5 without shoes, and looks like a player who can go off in the 4th and carry a team to a win.

There's 3 good looking small forward prospects too, with Winslow, Johnson and Oubre. I'm certain their stock will rise and fall before June. But, the real point is that this is a great draft for Detroit to own a top 5 pick in.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#1556 » by DBC10 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:59 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:
DBC10 wrote:If we draft Mudiay, I'd be pretty happy. Additionally, I wouldn't mind drafting a stud wing over a PG either. I feel like our young assets in Dre, Dinwiddie, and KCP are a pretty decent way to rebuild.

I wouldn't hesitate to draft Mudiay (at this point). He's 6'5 without shoes, and looks like a player who can go off in the 4th and carry a team to a win.

There's 3 good looking small forward prospects too, with Winslow, Johnson and Oubre. I'm certain their stock will rise and fall before June. But, the real point is that this is a great draft for Detroit to own a top 5 pick in.

Yeah, Mudiay is an athletic freak that can play point, not a lot of those around and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I would love him here.

We need to keep a steady tank instead of going on our winning streak at the end of the last 10 games of the season. If we can avoid that, then I'll be more than joyous.
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#1557 » by Lucidity » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:23 pm

sc8581 wrote:Without max contracts, small and mid market teams will likely have no chance at retaining stars.

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#1558 » by Lucidity » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:25 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:

Id take anyone with some talent that isn't a PF or C for us but Mudiay as a prospect is great athletically but can't shoot. That severely limits his potential.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#1559 » by Hotmayo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:27 pm

would like to see tony mitchell at the sf position. i love his potential. he can shoot. just needs playing time.
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,940

Post#1560 » by tmorgan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:58 am

One small, petty thing to make Pistons fans feel better:

We suck, but we knew going in our ceiling was probably .500 and sneaking into the playoffs.

Charlotte, however, was supposed to be good, and they're freaking terrible. They've lost nine straight and their point differential is even worse than ours.

Return to Detroit Pistons