Around the League 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Continue...
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,071

Re: Around the League 

Post#2 » by MrBigShot » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Trey Burke seems to be making his SL performances a thing of the past. Got off to a slow start, but he's really played well since the first couple games coming back from the injury. He's showing the ability to penetrate and find open guys like a true PG. He'll never be a superstar, but he sure as heck wont be a career back up either. He needs to work on his shot selection though...as is the case for many rookies.

I'm still happy with KCP btw, before all the "not Burke again" posts start.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,936

Post#3 » by tmorgan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Killer ClamPs... that's our guy.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#4 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Wonder if the Suns consider Josh a star player. They have a history of trading picks that turn into future all stars.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#5 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:12 pm

MrBigShot wrote:Trey Burke seems to be making his SL performances a thing of the past. Got off to a slow start, but he's really played well since the first couple games coming back from the injury. He's showing the ability to penetrate and find open guys like a true PG. He'll never be a superstar, but he sure as heck wont be a career back up either. He needs to work on his shot selection though...as is the case for many rookies.

I'm still happy with KCP btw, before all the "not Burke again" posts start.

Burke has really surprised me. He plays like a guy who's played 4 years in school. I thought his ceiling was Terell Brandon and he may very well reach it.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#6 » by tmorgan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Burke's definitely been better than I thought.

Still, beware of guys putting up good numbers at unimpressive efficiency on bad teams. Somebody's gotta score. Burke is currently shooting 37.3%, which is awful, although 35.3% from 3 isn't bad.

Low turnovers, decent three point shot, those are his strengths.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#7 » by tmorgan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Speaking of rookies, how many games does MCW need to play in to win ROY? He has the best numbers, but he's only played in 15 of Philly's 24 games.

If he plays in 50 games with the best numbers, does he win it over someone with slightly worse numbers but 80 games?
scrop32
Junior
And1: 26

Post#8 » by scrop32 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:12 am

man, Philly getting destroyed out there
looks like the Blazers are fresh for tomorrow's game
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#9 » by Notanoob » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:28 am

tmorgan wrote:Speaking of rookies, how many games does MCW need to play in to win ROY? He has the best numbers, but he's only played in 15 of Philly's 24 games.

If he plays in 50 games with the best numbers, does he win it over someone with slightly worse numbers but 80 games?

Anthony Davis basically lost ROY to Lillard because he was out with injury enough. If he misses 50 games and doesn't do anything spectacular after the All-Star break, he could lose it. Someone else would have to step up though.
Clarity
Banned User
And1: 843

Post#10 » by Clarity » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:36 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:Wonder if the Suns consider Josh a star player. They have a history of trading picks that turn into future all stars.

I hate doing what if's

but just imagine Phx giving us a first & one of those Morris twins for Josh.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#11 » by DBC10 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:08 am

Clarity wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Wonder if the Suns consider Josh a star player. They have a history of trading picks that turn into future all stars.

I hate doing what if's

but just imagine Phx giving us a first & one of those Morris twins for Josh.
I would do that so fast it wouldn't be funny. The Morris twins have been playing solid thus far as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#12 » by gaspar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 am

No.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#13 » by sc8581 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:55 am

What would be real nice is if we could trade Monroe and Smith both to Phoenix for Okafor, Markieff Morris and their pick, top 3 protected or something along those lines. Morris could stretch the floor a little, long term he's at least a 3rd big probably, I think we would have around $30 million in cap space plus a probable lottery pick to add to Drum, KCP and Jennings. Phoenix gets to move their starting bigs to the bench in Plumlee and Frye, I think Monroe and Smith make a good starting pair down low and we know their backcourt can ball. They probably wouldn't like this deal as much as I would hope but I like the thought of having the chance to build a team around Drummond that actually fits.
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Post#14 » by Phenomenonsense » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:13 pm

sc8581 wrote:What would be real nice is if we could trade Monroe and Smith both to Phoenix for Okafor, Markieff Morris and their pick, top 3 protected or something along those lines. Morris could stretch the floor a little, long term he's at least a 3rd big probably, I think we would have around $30 million in cap space plus a probable lottery pick to add to Drum, KCP and Jennings. Phoenix gets to move their starting bigs to the bench in Plumlee and Frye, I think Monroe and Smith make a good starting pair down low and we know their backcourt can ball. They probably wouldn't like this deal as much as I would hope but I like the thought of having the chance to build a team around Drummond that actually fits.

What would be really nice is if you could stop posting.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,071

Post#15 » by MrBigShot » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:28 pm

gaspar wrote:

No.

The awkward moment when you realize that Markieff Morris has outperformed Josh Smith
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by sc8581 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Phenomenonsense wrote:
sc8581 wrote:What would be real nice is if we could trade Monroe and Smith both to Phoenix for Okafor, Markieff Morris and their pick, top 3 protected or something along those lines. Morris could stretch the floor a little, long term he's at least a 3rd big probably, I think we would have around $30 million in cap space plus a probable lottery pick to add to Drum, KCP and Jennings. Phoenix gets to move their starting bigs to the bench in Plumlee and Frye, I think Monroe and Smith make a good starting pair down low and we know their backcourt can ball. They probably wouldn't like this deal as much as I would hope but I like the thought of having the chance to build a team around Drummond that actually fits.

Or if you could grow up. Did your other nut drop yet kid?
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by Phenomenonsense » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 pm

sc8581 wrote:
Phenomenonsense wrote:

You're apparently on them. Check for yourself.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by sc8581 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Phenomenonsense wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Phenomenonsense wrote:

See, it's just no fun when you get so mad you don't even make sense. I guess I should have raised you better than that son, I'm sorry, I had to leave though because your mom too much for me, with her crack habit and all.
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by Phenomenonsense » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:56 pm

sc8581 wrote:
Phenomenonsense wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

See, it's just no fun when you get so mad you don't even make sense. I guess I should have raised you better than that son, I'm sorry, I had to leave though because your mom too much for me, with her crack habit and all.

I'm sorry man, I thought you had some semblance of reading comprehension. My post implied that you were on my nuts, so you could check to see if the "other one dropped" yourself.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by sc8581 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Phenomenonsense wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Phenomenonsense wrote:

I'm sorry man, I thought you had some semblance of reading comprehension. My post implied that you were on my nuts, so you could check to see if the "other one dropped" yourself.

Exactly. This shows that you don't understand what being on somebodies nuts actually means.

Return to Detroit Pistons