ImageImageImage

If pistons stay at pick 8

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Re: If pistons stay at pick 8 

Post#81 » by ImHeisenberg » Mon Apr 7, 2014 1:12 pm

kurtis48239 wrote:What would be great is if Joel Embiid falls and we pick him up,Imagine having him and dre as our centers of the future.WOW.

If that happens, his back must be in terrible shape.
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#82 » by kurtis48239 » Mon Apr 7, 2014 6:04 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:What would be great is if Joel Embiid falls and we pick him up,Imagine having him and dre as our centers of the future.WOW.

If that happens, his back must be in terrible shape.

Lol,you corny sob,lol
Clarity
Banned User
And1: 843

Post#83 » by Clarity » Mon Apr 7, 2014 6:29 pm

kurtis48239 wrote:
What would be great is if Joel Embiid falls and we pick him up,Imagine having him and dre as our centers of the future.WOW.

huh?

Embiid is an awesome prospect but all you do is harp on how we need a Kevin Love next to Drummond.

Now Embiid is your dream?

You guys fight logic like its vegetables & you're a 5 year old.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#84 » by MotownMadness » Mon Apr 7, 2014 6:58 pm

If McDermott could just play defense then he would almost be a no brainer at 8, That kids a lights out scorer from just about everywhere on the court.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#85 » by DetroitSho » Mon Apr 7, 2014 7:08 pm

MotownMadness wrote:If McDermott could just play defense then he would almost be a no brainer at 8, That kids a lights out scorer from just about everywhere on the court.

I haven't watched dude play, but based on your description he'd be a no brainer at #1, let alone #8.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#86 » by joseph mamah » Mon Apr 7, 2014 7:18 pm

I like the McDaniels kid. I know his 3 point % isn't great, and he'd be a reach at 8, but if we end up trading back with Pheonix for 14/17 id love to get him with one of the picks and add a shooter or pg with the other pick.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#87 » by theBigLip » Mon Apr 7, 2014 7:19 pm

Embidd would be a disaster. How many centers do we need? We need to get a top 3 pick, otherwise, we're just bickering over who one of our rotation players is next year. Would Smart beat out Jennings? Would any PF beat out Smith and Monroe? I don't think so. Wiggins and Parker are what we need. If we got Randle, we'd have to make a trade for sure. Our GM is going to be busy this summer for sure.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#88 » by MotownMadness » Mon Apr 7, 2014 7:38 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:If McDermott could just play defense then he would almost be a no brainer at 8, That kids a lights out scorer from just about everywhere on the court.

I haven't watched dude play, but based on your description he'd be a no brainer at #1, let alone #8.

Just watch his draft express video, They even show how's Hes perfected the Dirk fadeaway step back. He averaged 26.7ppg on 52%fg and 45% from 3 to go with 7rebs as well. AP player of the year and lead all college players in ppg. Finished his college career 5th all time in points in the history of the NCAA.
ThirdMan
Junior
And1: 125

Post#89 » by ThirdMan » Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:06 pm

joseph mamah wrote:I like the McDaniels kid. I know his 3 point % isn't great, and he'd be a reach at 8, but if we end up trading back with Pheonix for 14/17 id love to get him with one of the picks and add a shooter or pg with the other pick.

I've been doing some more research on him as well. Good size, elite athleticism, FT% is great (indicates good form), 3 Pt could prob be improved, great defender/shotblocker for his size. A bunch of b-ball analytic types are in love with him.
Joining CGC's "#GetJeffGreen" bandwagon
ThirdMan
Junior

Post#90 » by ThirdMan » Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:13 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

Just watch his draft express video, They even show how's Hes perfected the Dirk fadeaway step back. He averaged 26.7ppg on 52%fg and 45% from 3 to go with 7rebs as well. AP player of the year and lead all college players in ppg. Finished his college career 5th all time in points in the history of the NCAA.

McDermott is going to be a supersub at the next level. Routinely 6th man of the year type but I think he'll be enough of a defensive liability to not be able to stay on the court more than 25 mins. The game is a lot faster in the NBA and players with McDermott's athleticism struggle to adjust.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#91 » by MotownMadness » Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:19 pm

ThirdMan wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:I haven't watched dude play, but based on your description he'd be a no brainer at #1, let alone #8.

McDermott is going to be a supersub at the next level. Routinely 6th man of the year type but I think he'll be enough of a defensive liability to not be able to stay on the court more than 25 mins. The game is a lot faster in the NBA and players with McDermott's athleticism struggle to adjust.

Yeah thats the concerning part. His lack of athleticism is really going to hold him back at the next level. I dont know if his ceiling is any higher than it is now but he would definitely give us the shooting that we need but I value defense more than offense. If none of the top prospects are left on the board though then I wouldnt be all that upset picking him because he would contribute from day 1 at a position of need.
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#92 » by Ghost » Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:22 pm

ThirdMan wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:I haven't watched dude play, but based on your description he'd be a no brainer at #1, let alone #8.

Yeah, just look at what he did when he had to play Baylors frontline of Austin and Jefferson... He couldn't do anything and they were sitting in a zone the majority of the time which generally opens up for some outside shots. Yet, he looked lost due to the ability of people closing on him. When his Dad finally came up with the brilliant idea of putting him in the high post and get him the ball where a hole was in the zone he didn't have the confidence to attack off the dribble or shoot over Austin/Jeffersons length. Just something to think about.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,067

Post#93 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:23 pm

My gut says we're making a pick out of left field.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#94 » by ImHeisenberg » Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:24 pm

joseph mamah wrote:I like the McDaniels kid. I know his 3 point % isn't great, and he'd be a reach at 8, but if we end up trading back with Pheonix for 14/17 id love to get him with one of the picks and add a shooter or pg with the other pick.

If we were to pull a 14 & 17 deal with Phoenix, KJ McDaniels would certainly be on my short list, with LaVine, Stauskas & Harris.
ThirdMan
Junior

Post#95 » by ThirdMan » Mon Apr 7, 2014 9:59 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:

If we were to pull a 14 & 17 deal with Phoenix, KJ McDaniels would certainly be on my short list, with LaVine, Stauskas & Harris.

Seriously I think we maybe of the same mind with the exception of Harris. I think there is a pretty significant drop off in prospects before the 8th pick. IMHO guys like McDaniels, LaVine, and Harris have just as many question marks as a prospect as someone like Gordon. I would love to drop back and get two shots at hitting a homerun.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#96 » by Notanoob » Mon Apr 7, 2014 10:42 pm

It could only happen if we pull of a trade down with the Suns, but I'd be very happy to land Kristaps Porinis. 6'11'' shot-blocker with great length, good mobility, high motor, and a nice jumpshot that extends to 3 point range. He's only 19 too. The kid has excellent potential.
Q00
Banned User
And1: 2,604

Post#97 » by Q00 » Mon Apr 7, 2014 11:30 pm

Laimbeer wrote:My gut says we're making a pick out of left field.

Its impossible to say at this point because no one knows who's making the pick.
c-dot
Rookie
And1: 60

Post#98 » by c-dot » Tue Apr 8, 2014 8:45 pm

Im starting to think the most likely pick is Kyle Anderson, we need help at 1,2 and 3, Kyle plays 1,2 and 3. I know he's slow but he's 6'9 w/ 7'2 wingspan, thats KD like size.
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#99 » by need4detroit » Tue Apr 8, 2014 8:51 pm

I like James Young. Long, good athlete, and good all-around player. Hes also one of the youngest players n the draft, assuming he enters.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#100 » by The Penguin » Tue Apr 8, 2014 9:01 pm

need4detroit wrote:I like James Young. Long, good athlete, and good all-around player. Hes also one of the youngest players n the draft, assuming he enters.

I don't understand why there isn't more hype for him. He was a consensus top 10 recruit in the class and showed he can play this year, yet most projections have him in the 20s. He can score and has a 6'11" wing span and won't be 19 until August. I'd rather have him over guys like Harris or Anderson.

Return to Detroit Pistons