ImageImageImage

OT: You guys have really good commentators

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

OT: You guys have really good commentators 

Post#1 » by Blast Tyrant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Raptors fan here. I'm watching the game on the Pistons feed, and you guys have some of the best play by play guys I've heard. They're completely level headed and don't show the least bit of bias. They seem to genuinely be basketball fans and not just Pistons fans.

So take solace that during this **** of a season, you guys have a great commentary crew, and Andre Drummond to look forward too. Best of luck this summer guys! I wouldn't mind seeing you guys pick up our local hero Andrew Wiggins. You're not in our division, and it's close enough that we can see him play a lot.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,077

Re: OT: You guys have really good commentators 

Post#2 » by MrBigShot » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Good post.

Blaha is a bit of a homer and will try and depict any player positively even when they don't deserve it, but that's to be expected for a team commentator. Him and Kelser make an awesome team...couldn't imagine watching a game without either of them to be honest.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Clarity
Banned User
And1: 843

Post#3 » by Clarity » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Completely agree, we are very lucky.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#4 » by ImHeisenberg » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 pm

I wasn't aware of how great Blaha was until I moved out of state, and realized most local commentators are absolutely terrible.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#5 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Only thing Blaha needs to learn is what a Windmill is. Other than that, they're the best in the business.
PrivateZer0
Sophomore
And1: 274

Post#6 » by PrivateZer0 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:34 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Only thing Blaha needs to learn is what a Windmill is. Other than that, they're the best in the business.

I'm surprised no one has corrected him on that yet haha, it's gone on for way too long.
LeGoo
Rookie
And1: 157

Post#7 » by LeGoo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 am

Agreed, I always choose the Pistons feed when possible. Also a big fan of Minnesota's PBP, and embarrassing enough, the Knicks guys haha.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#8 » by MotownMadness » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:30 am

Neptune and Special K have been with us for a while now.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#9 » by DBC10 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:31 am

Yep, we might have the most unbiased commentators in the league. Everytime a big name plays us, the opposing fans always complements Blaha and Special K.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,071

Post#10 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:32 am

They're great but saying they aren't biased is laughable.
DonVitoReturns
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#11 » by DonVitoReturns » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:43 am

Blaha is a legend, but he's biased. He just doesn't care at this point with this team this season. No reason to be biased at this stage.
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#12 » by Bakuto » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:45 am

Led Zeppelin wrote:Raptors fan here. I'm watching the game on the Pistons feed, and you guys have some of the best play by play guys I've heard. They're completely level headed and don't show the least bit of bias. They seem to genuinely be basketball fans and not just Pistons fans.

So take solace that during this **** of a season, you guys have a great commentary crew, and Andre Drummond to look forward too. Best of luck this summer guys! I wouldn't mind seeing you guys pick up our local hero Andrew Wiggins. You're not in our division, and it's close enough that we can see him play a lot.

Is Matt Devlin still the main announcer for you guys? I cut my cable so I never get ball games on tv anymore. His voice used to make me laugh. :lol:
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
OneBadMutha
Sixth Man
And1: 189

Post#13 » by OneBadMutha » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 am

Blaha is biased but he's been there since the Bad Boys so I'm just used to him. Kelser is just good at his job. It is a good team.
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#14 » by kurtis48239 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:17 am

Blaha is awesome,not only does he call games without biase (unless he feels the refs are really screwing us over) and the other thing that us fans love about him ,is he knows his stuff,stats,players from every team,college players.Blaha and special k play off each other really well.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#15 » by Blast Tyrant » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 am

Catalysm wrote:
Led Zeppelin wrote:Raptors fan here. I'm watching the game on the Pistons feed, and you guys have some of the best play by play guys I've heard. They're completely level headed and don't show the least bit of bias. They seem to genuinely be basketball fans and not just Pistons fans.

Is Matt Devlin still the main announcer for you guys? I cut my cable so I never get ball games on tv anymore. His voice used to make me laugh. :lol:

OHHH yeah. Matty D is the man. He tries so hard. When we first got him, I thought he was forcing it way too much. I realized after time that he's truly just a goof and it's not even an act. Him and Jack Armstrong are an awesome duo together. So much energy. Here's an example:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGe9gB20h3s[/youtube]
Minas
Sixth Man
And1: 185

Post#16 » by Minas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 am

Led Zeppelin wrote:
Catalysm wrote:

OHHH yeah. Matty D is the man. He tries so hard. When we first got him, I thought he was forcing it way too much. I realized after time that he's truly just a goof and it's not even an act. Him and Jack Armstrong are an awesome duo together. So much energy. Here's an example:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGe9gB20h3s[/youtube]

We're lucky to have George and Special K, they are two of the best in the league.

Devlin is a lot of fun as well.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#17 » by hoophabit » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:36 pm

I know I've posted this before, but Blaha is a real gentleman. Years ago I used to watch the backfeeds on a satellite dish. While commercials ran the feed stayed with the guys at the arena. George was the same on air or off. Courteous and thoughtful with staff and never vulgar in manner. There were quite a few others who were Jeckle and Hyde, but George was always the same. Kelser was playing in those days, but he gives the impression of a pretty decent guy himself.

Sure, both Blaha and Kelser have the positive bent towards the team they work for in evidence, but they are at least honest about good and bad calls.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Post#18 » by Uncle Mxy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm ok with Special K, but I still miss Blaha-Laimbeer.
Laimbeer did better analysis of the game in progress.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#19 » by Billl » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 pm

All announcers are a little biased. They are rooting for the home team, so that is going to come through in spots. With that said, blaha and special K do a great job of being good sportsmen and they give credit to the other team and players for the things they do well. They also will admit when the refs make a bad call in the pistons favor instead of just griping about the ones that go against us.

If you have leaguepass and get a mix of announcers, you'll know that not every team does that.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#20 » by DetroitSho » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:01 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Neptune and Special K have been with us for a while now.

Lolololol freaking hilarious

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons