ImageImageImage

The Trade Thread - v2

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Re: The Trade Thread - v2 

Post#761 » by Phenomenonsense » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:31 pm

I hope we go after Lin in the offseason. Getting him on a reasonable deal would be really good in my opinion. Definitive upgrade.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#762 » by Kilo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:05 pm

^I doubt it given Jennings and Augustin will be back, albeit on the last year of their deals, and Dinwiddie should be ready for more playing time as well.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Post#763 » by Phenomenonsense » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Kilo wrote:^I doubt it given Jennings and Augustin will be back, albeit on the last year of their deals, and Dinwiddie should be ready for more playing time as well.

**** Jennings. Ship him out on some raymond felton ****. Dinwiddie is nothing until proven otherwise.
vannzee
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#764 » by vannzee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Off topic but in NBA2K I trade Singler and a 2016 1st to Minnesota for Gorgui Dieng, Datome for Anthony (before the Bynum trade) and dealt Bynum to Bucks Giannis Antetokounmpo

The only realistic one is the Anthony trade.
vannzee
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#765 » by DBC10 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Phenomenonsense wrote:I hope we go after Lin in the offseason. Getting him on a reasonable deal would be really good in my opinion. Definitive upgrade.

I'm down. Jennings has been bad.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#766 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Lin looked horrible last night in Los Angelas. Now, that he has looked bad for 2 years now, I really don't want Lin anymore. I really don't think he is an upgrade, but more of a lateral move.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RipCity32
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#767 » by RipCity32 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:27 pm

Really would love to see us make a move for Budinger now. Offense really could use another 3pt shooter, especially with Meeks out.

that or give Gigi some burn.
russkopp
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#768 » by russkopp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 pm

Well, golden state just locked up Klay Thompson. They don't want to lose Draymond Green either. They're gonna have to shed some money somewhere. I wonder if we'd be able to eat david lees contract and get someone like Barnes in return...
Fire Troy Weaver
epheisey
Bench Warmer
And1: 409

Post#769 » by epheisey » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:26 pm

russkopp wrote:Well, golden state just locked up Klay Thompson. They don't want to lose Draymond Green either. They're gonna have to shed some money somewhere. I wonder if we'd be able to eat david lees contract and get someone like Barnes in return...

So you want Smoove, Moose, and David Lee all on the same team? Because they're not taking either of those 2 just to dump Lee.
russkopp
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#770 » by russkopp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:30 pm

They get a season to see if monroe fits and try to convince him to stay. If he leaves, they save money. As for smith...well, we're stuck.
Fire Troy Weaver
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#771 » by Kilo » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:11 am

I think they're gonna have to let Dray go - see what he gets as an RFA and see if they can fit that in or not.

I don't see us, or any team, looking to make any big type moves until the quarter poll mark at least. I hope by then either we're playing much better or Sacto is really desperate and we can deal Smith off to them for whatever they're offering.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#772 » by sfballa13 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:56 am

Kilo wrote:I think they're gonna have to let Dray go - see what he gets as an RFA and see if they can fit that in or not.

I don't see us, or any team, looking to make any big type moves until the quarter poll mark at least. I hope by then either we're playing much better or Sacto is really desperate and we can deal Smith off to them for whatever they're offering.

We could make an offer to Golden State that would be pretty hard for them to turn down.

To Golden State: Josh Smith, Kyle Singler, Greg Monroe

To Detroit: David Lee, Harrison Barnes

Why for the Warriors?
Golden State goes all in with a Smith, Monroe, Bogut rotation. Smith and Monroe are not as injury prone as Lee and Bogut and Smith's contract is only one more year longer than Lee's (also 1.5M cheaper too). Singler is a decent starter and would be productive enough to replace Barnes.

Curry - Thompson - Iggy / Green / Singler - Monroe/Smith - Bogut

Why for the Pistons?
We use Monroe/Singler to somehow dump Smith and pick up Lee, who would fit in nicely next to Drummond. Harrison Barnes would get a chance to win the starting SF spot.

Jennings / Augustin
KCP / Meeks - Dinwiddie
Barnes / Butler - Martin
Lee / Jerebko
Drummond / Anthony

I can see Golden State making this deal even if they cant guarantee that Monroe stays
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#773 » by DetroitSho » Sat Nov 1, 2014 6:31 pm

sfballa13 wrote:
Kilo wrote:I think they're gonna have to let Dray go - see what he gets as an RFA and see if they can fit that in or not.

We could make an offer to Golden State that would be pretty hard for them to turn down.

To Golden State: Josh Smith, Kyle Singler, Greg Monroe

To Detroit: David Lee, Harrison Barnes

Why for the Warriors?
Golden State goes all in with a Smith, Monroe, Bogut rotation. Smith and Monroe are not as injury prone as Lee and Bogut and Smith's contract is only one more year longer than Lee's (also 1.5M cheaper too). Singler is a decent starter and would be productive enough to replace Barnes.

Curry - Thompson - Iggy / Green / Singler - Monroe/Smith - Bogut

Why for the Pistons?
We use Monroe/Singler to somehow dump Smith and pick up Lee, who would fit in nicely next to Drummond. Harrison Barnes would get a chance to win the starting SF spot.

Jennings / Augustin
KCP / Meeks - Dinwiddie
Barnes / Butler - Martin
Lee / Jerebko
Drummond / Anthony

I can see Golden State making this deal even if they cant guarantee that Monroe stays

Seriously man, wtf? You're going through a lot of trouble just to get Harrison freaking Barnes on this team.
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#774 » by Hotmayo » Sat Nov 1, 2014 7:50 pm

alright I was just thinking but would anyone think that trading drummond for jabari parker and larry sanders would be a good trade for pistons? or do you think the bucks would say yes or no? And I would want monroe back for the max contract and benching smith until his contract is out.

DJ/Jennings
Kcp/Meeks
Jabari Parker/Singler
Greg Monroe/smith
Larry sanders/ no idea
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
epheisey
Bench Warmer
And1: 409

Post#775 » by epheisey » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:23 am

Hotmayo wrote:alright I was just thinking but would anyone think that trading drummond for jabari parker and larry sanders would be a good trade for pistons? or do you think the bucks would say yes or no? And I would want monroe back for the max contract and benching smith until his contract is out.

DJ/Jennings
Kcp/Meeks
Jabari Parker/Singler
Greg Monroe/smith
Larry sanders/ no idea

No...this team will live or die by Drummond. Buying us some temporary success doesn't get us anyways. Ride it out. Don't panic. Even if nothing pans out with this core, we're better off taking the gamble with Dre than anybody else.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#776 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 7:55 am

Josh smith +first rounder for PJIII
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#777 » by MotownMadness » Sun Nov 2, 2014 8:44 am

We need to get ahold of Rondo. Our shooting seems to suck no matter what anyways. At least we would have a floor general, defense and someone who actually plays with passion and intensity. Ainge probably wants a arm and leg for him though.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#778 » by sc8581 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 11:16 pm

MotownMadness wrote:We need to get ahold of Rondo. Our shooting seems to suck no matter what anyways. At least we would have a floor general, defense and someone who actually plays with passion and intensity. Ainge probably wants a arm and leg for him though.

Rondo would leave at the end of the year anyway. I'm ready to listen to offers for Drummond though.
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#779 » by Hotmayo » Mon Nov 3, 2014 5:03 pm

epheisey wrote:
Hotmayo wrote:alright I was just thinking but would anyone think that trading drummond for jabari parker and larry sanders would be a good trade for pistons? or do you think the bucks would say yes or no? And I would want monroe back for the max contract and benching smith until his contract is out.

DJ/Jennings
Kcp/Meeks
Jabari Parker/Singler
Greg Monroe/smith
Larry sanders/ no idea

No...this team will live or die by Drummond. Buying us some temporary success doesn't get us anyways. Ride it out. Don't panic. Even if nothing pans out with this core, we're better off taking the gamble with Dre than anybody else.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

mmm good point. be patient and build around dre. its gonna take likee 5 yrs tho
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#780 » by treefi » Mon Nov 3, 2014 6:07 pm

Perry Jones, Chris Copeland

Can we pick one of these two up through a trade to start at SF?

Return to Detroit Pistons