Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

The Trade Thread - v2 

Post#1 » by roc » Tue Jun 3, 2014 5:16 am

last thread was locked after going well over 100 pages so here is part 2 for ya

before posting any trade ideas... you may want to make sure they are legal so...

here are some links

Larry Coon's CBA info

ESPN Trade Machine

RealGM Trade Checker
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: The Trade Thread - v2 

Post#2 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jun 3, 2014 6:27 am

Cue many illegal Monroe trades

And don't forget the mind boggling Josh Smith deals too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#3 » by DetroitSho » Tue Jun 3, 2014 12:14 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Cue many illegal Monroe trades

Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#4 » by ImHeisenberg » Tue Jun 3, 2014 12:55 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Cue many illegal Monroe trades

Monroe for the #1 overall pick from Cleveland and the #2 pick from Milwaukee!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ThirdMan
Junior
And1: 125

Post#5 » by ThirdMan » Tue Jun 3, 2014 1:04 pm

Anyone watch Philly/Cavs enough to provide some insight in Hawes?

From Bleacher Report on top Free Agents:

The 7-footer who can rain three-pointers will almost always have a place in the NBA, which is why, for all his flaws as a defender/rim protector, Spencer Hawes is an interesting free agent this summer.

He shot 41.6 percent from the three-point line in 80 games with the Philadelphia 76ers and Cleveland Cavaliers—in 27 games with the Cavs, Hawes shot 44.8 percent from downtown on four attempts per game—this season.

Hawes was also respectable with long twos, making him an extremely dangerous pick-and-pop weapon and a difficult matchup problem for any opposing big man.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2066114-ranking-the-top-15-best-nba-free-agents-available-this-summer#articles/2066114-ranking-the-top-15-best-nba-free-agents-available-this-summer/page/4

If we miss out on someone like Gordon Hayward in free agency maybe we can get Hawes as a floor spacer. I know he's a center and I only really remember him from the draft and that was a long time ago. He could play the weaker PF/C matchup on defense. Then on offense play at the top of the key/3 pt line allowing Smith to play down low. Kind of like a cheaper/slower Ryan Anderson...
Joining CGC's "#GetJeffGreen" bandwagon
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#6 » by dVs33 » Tue Jun 3, 2014 1:12 pm

ThirdMan wrote:Anyone watch Philly/Cavs enough to provide some insight in Hawes?

From Bleacher Report on top Free Agents:

The 7-footer who can rain three-pointers will almost always have a place in the NBA, which is why, for all his flaws as a defender/rim protector, Spencer Hawes is an interesting free agent this summer.

He shot 41.6 percent from the three-point line in 80 games with the Philadelphia 76ers and Cleveland Cavaliers—in 27 games with the Cavs, Hawes shot 44.8 percent from downtown on four attempts per game—this season.

Hawes was also respectable with long twos, making him an extremely dangerous pick-and-pop weapon and a difficult matchup problem for any opposing big man.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2066114-ranking-the-top-15-best-nba-free-agents-available-this-summer#articles/2066114-ranking-the-top-15-best-nba-free-agents-available-this-summer/page/4

If we miss out on someone like Gordon Hayward in free agency maybe we can get Hawes as a floor spacer. I know he's a center and I only really remember him from the draft and that was a long time ago. He could play the weaker PF/C matchup on defense. Then on offense play at the top of the key/3 pt line allowing Smith to play down low. Kind of like a cheaper/slower Ryan Anderson...

I don't see him as a good compliment to either Drummond or Monroe.
He's a great shooter and not much else.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#7 » by Neptune » Tue Jun 3, 2014 2:00 pm

r0cd0gg wrote:last thread was locked after going well over 100 pages so here is part 2 for ya

How's everything with my PM issue?

@ThirdMan: I'll take Hawes at the right price. He could a nice role player we bring off the bench when we need floor spacing or 3pters in general.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#8 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jun 3, 2014 2:15 pm

IF we signed Hawes I wouldn't blow up IF he was signed to a reasonable deal.

I think he'd take a starting job personally though. A lot of teams could use another big & bigs tend to get overpaid

Assuming the Cavs were interested in a S & T what would we be willing to give?

wallace72
Junior
And1: 83

Post#9 » by wallace72 » Tue Jun 3, 2014 2:41 pm

* Smith & Singler for Boozer & Butler..........
ThirdMan
Junior
And1: 125

Post#10 » by ThirdMan » Tue Jun 3, 2014 2:51 pm

Pharaoh wrote:IF we signed Hawes I wouldn't blow up IF he was signed to a reasonable deal.

I think he'd take a starting job personally though. A lot of teams could use another big & bigs tend to get overpaid

Assuming the Cavs were interested in a S & T what would we be willing to give?

He's an unrestricted free agent so we don't need to do a S&T. Maybe we could do a S&T with the Cavs where we trade Jerebko's expiring and a 2nd round pick. Given what they gave up to get him I don't know if they'd bite on that. With Monroe's cap hit can we pursue two free agents or will we effectively be tied up salary wise?

EDIT: Is 6.5 million a reasonable deal for you? That's about his current contract and I think that's fair.
Joining CGC's "#GetJeffGreen" bandwagon
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#11 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jun 3, 2014 3:55 pm

Even with Monroe's cap hold we could have $13-16 mil depending on what happens with other players.

Jerebko has already opted in

That leaves Chauncey & Jorts as possible "outs"... though Jorts is super cheap so I can't see us declining his option.

Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#12 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jun 3, 2014 3:57 pm

And yes $6.5 mil for Hawes would be reasonable. I'd imagine his market value will exceed that

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#13 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 3, 2014 6:43 pm

I see no reason for Hawes on this team unless Josh Smith is traded.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#14 » by Neptune » Tue Jun 3, 2014 6:58 pm

wallace72 wrote:* Smith & Singler for Boozer & Butler..........

This sounds like a good deal. We get a young player(Butler) who's defensive and can jump into the starting lineup. Then we also get Boozer who'll come off the bench and provide leadership. Shoot, where do I sign?
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,796

Post#15 » by HotelVitale » Tue Jun 3, 2014 8:01 pm

Neptune wrote:
wallace72 wrote:* Smith & Singler for Boozer & Butler..........

This sounds like a good deal. We get a young player(Butler) who's defensive and can jump into the starting lineup. Then we also get Boozer who'll come off the bench and provide leadership. Shoot, where do I sign?

That'd be nice, but I think the Bulls have bigger plans for Boozer's cap space than Smith. They need a reasonably efficient scorer--even if he's a lower usage/lower volume guy--and Smith aint that. They also have Taj Gibson at the 4, and he's pretty sweet player.

Plus Boozer can be amnestied (putting them well under the cap) so I seriously doubt they'd give up Butler for the right to pay Smith $14m per year instead of paying that same money to the FA of their choice.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#16 » by jakebernat » Tue Jun 3, 2014 8:21 pm

The bulls are gonna keep butler, most likely amnesty boozer, and go hard after either melo or Stephenson, the latter of which I believe is a perfect fit.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using RealGM Forums mobile app
jakebernat
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by jakebernat » Tue Jun 3, 2014 8:55 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=llrtazk

Detroit trades: Josh Smith, Will Bynum
Detroit receives: Andrea Bargnani, Draymond Green

-The Pistons get out of Smith's deal and gain a great deal of cap space in order to lock up Moose and hopefully go after another impact player like Hayward. I'd LOVE to bring Draymond home too. He's like the anti-Smith.

Goldenstate trades: David Lee, Draymond Green
Goldenstate receives: Josh Smith, Iman Shumpert

-The Dubs take a chance on Smith in hopes that he'll give them an overhaul defensively while maintaining their offensive versatility. Shumpert gives them a defensive player in the backcourt who could compliment Curry on both ends of the court.

New York trades: Andrea Bargnani, Iman Shumpert
New York receives: David Lee, Will Bynum

-The Knicks need some major roster upgrades if they want to keep Melo around, but they don't have many viable trade options. I'm sure Knicks fans would welcome a Lee return.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using RealGM Forums mobile app
epheisey
Bench Warmer
And1: 409

Post#18 » by epheisey » Tue Jun 3, 2014 8:57 pm

Well since Peyton Siva is better than Brandon Jennings, and on a rookie deal, I'm sure teams must be dying to get their hands on him....

Siva for Dragic. BOOK IT
jakebernat
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by jakebernat » Tue Jun 3, 2014 9:07 pm

epheisey wrote:Well since Peyton Siva is better than Brandon Jennings, and on a rookie deal, I'm sure teams must be dying to get their hands on him....

Siva for Dragic. BOOK IT

u mad bro?
russkopp
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#20 » by russkopp » Tue Jun 3, 2014 10:21 pm

I wonder if there's any way Atlanta would do a Horford for Monroe swap. Horford is always getting hurt playing out of position. We give them a center next to milsap, they give us a power forward next to Dre.
Fire Troy Weaver

Return to Detroit Pistons