The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Re: The Trade Thread - v2 

Post#1242 » by The Penguin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Monroe, Jennings, Singler, Jerebko

For

Rondo, Gerald Wallace

Celtics try Monroe out and have the cap room to sign him after this year and trim some money from Wallace to Jennings while getting a more useful player.

We unite the super friends Smith & Rondo and give our offense a big boost with Rondo's playmaking.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#1243 » by Kilo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:33 pm

^Boston is trading Rondo to tank this season - they don't want talent back, they want picks. Monroe isn't likely to waive his NTC to go to a tanking team either (not saying he won't sign there in the off-season, but he wants to keep all his options open).
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#1244 » by MotownMadness » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:47 pm

russkopp wrote:I'm starting to come to the realization that overall, we're the team with the worst future AND least to offer. The sixers are trying to be bad and have top picks all over the place. Our supposed 2nd best player, moose, can't land us squat.

Monroe leaves in the summer and we get nothing for him. Jennings and Smih will ride out their contracts and as our "hopeful" top picks and FA signings happen over the years, the two are fazed out to the end of the bench.

If anyone sees another scenario playing out I'd love to hear it.

Gotta lose out the season and land a top 3 pick. We get lucky and draft another stud to play with Drummond like a Mudiay, Johnson, Towns or even Okafor and were back on the upswing in a few years. Have to be smart in FA from here on out and build a actual roster that compliments each other. IDK, It doesnt look good right now but who knows.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#1245 » by sfballa13 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:55 am

We need to hope OKC joins the arms race out West

To Detroit: Perry Jones, Mitch McGary, Trash (Grant Jerrett, Ish Smith, Lance Thomas)

To OKC: Monroe, Singler

What are you waiting for Stan? Get on the line with Presti!

Westbrook/Jackson - Lamb/Morrow - Durant/Singler - Ibaka/Collison - Monroe/Perkins/Adams

Who is stopping that OKC lineup?
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#1246 » by Pharaoh » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:23 am

russkopp wrote:I'm starting to come to the realization that overall, we're the team with the worst future AND least to offer. The sixers are trying to be bad and have top picks all over the place. Our supposed 2nd best player, moose, can't land us squat.

Monroe leaves in the summer and we get nothing for him. Jennings and Smih will ride out their contracts and as our "hopeful" top picks and FA signings happen over the years, the two are fazed out to the end of the bench.

Here's a scenario:

We tank the season and draft Towns to be our future PF, teaming with Drummond.

Free Agency begins and we renounce our rights to all of them, even Butler.

We then go all in on a Klay Thompson-like contract for Leonard & he stays in SA...so we offer the same deal to Jimmy Butler and get his signature. Bulls don't match cause they're cheap like that!

We then sign some dodgy vets for next to nothing, tank again and ride out Jennings contract, drafting a stud PG in the 2016 Draft.

Drummond, Towns, Jimmy Butler, KCP & said PG form the core of the Pistons for the next 5 years with Meeks, Dinwiddie and some random vet bigs thrown in.

Looks good to me :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1247 » by Pharaoh » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:40 am

I think a Monroe, Jonas, Datome, Singler for Thad Young, Brewer, Adrien, Hummel deal works for all involved.

We give Minnesota the expirings they need to retain Monroe.

We get a legit SF & G/F that can play a role now and moving forward:

Wolves:

Dieng/Pek/Monroe
Monroe/vet big
Wiggins/Bazz
Martin/Bazz/Lavine
Rubio/Lavine

Pistons:

Drummond/vet big
Smith/Young
Young/Brewer/Butler
KCP/Brewer
2015 Pick

rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#1248 » by rmfc » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Pharaoh wrote:

Here's a scenario:

We tank the season and draft Towns to be our future PF, teaming with Drummond.

Free Agency begins and we renounce our rights to all of them, even Butler.

We then go all in on a Klay Thompson-like contract for Leonard & he stays in SA...so we offer the same deal to Jimmy Butler and get his signature. Bulls don't match cause they're cheap like that!

We then sign some dodgy vets for next to nothing, tank again and ride out Jennings contract, drafting a stud PG in the 2016 Draft.

Drummond, Towns, Jimmy Butler, KCP & said PG form the core of the Pistons for the next 5 years with Meeks, Dinwiddie and some random vet bigs thrown in.

Looks good to me :-)

Almost perfect. I think there is no need to go after Leonard because he will stay with San Antonio for a long, long time. Have to throw a MAX at Jimmy Butler and would like to see SVG go after Reggie Jackson for the PG spot instead of tanking again. The team won't be that bad if we land a player like Butler.
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#1249 » by Ghost » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:50 pm

The problem with Butler:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ting/2015/

I like his defense but we're still desperately going to need a PG if we get him. If we drafted Mudiay and he was legit... oh my god. Drummond/Smith/Butler/KCP/Mudiay. Now that defensive potential would be insane. KCP would need to be able to consistently shoot, but the size and speed on the wings would mean at times we could switch almost everything, like the Warriors have been doing.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#1250 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Ghost wrote:The problem with Butler:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ting/2015/

I like his defense but we're still desperately going to need a PG if we get him. If we drafted Mudiay and he was legit... oh my god. Drummond/Smith/Butler/KCP/Mudiay. Now that defensive potential would be insane. KCP would need to be able to consistently shoot, but the size and speed on the wings would mean at times we could switch almost everything, like the Warriors have been doing.

Agreed, Butler's shooting would be my big concern if you honestly want to talk about tendering a max contract offer.

If I'm SVG, I'd go for it. 90% of the time, you wouldn't be able to pry away a player like that. But, because it's Chicago, there's a legitimate chance.

As for the draft, more teams are tanking by the week (Hello, Boston!). While SVG is trying to prove his merit as a coach by winning games. I think we can kiss a top 5 pick goodbye, he'll pick up enough garbage wins to get this team 20-something wins.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#1251 » by californiadude » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:41 pm

curious if you guys would do this...

It's really simple

Josh Smith and a top 4 protected pick for the next 2 years for Andre Igoudala or David Lee and GSW's 2014 first...

Would really like Singler if you guys would be willing to give him up...anyway if this is a no give me your most attractive Smith offer...Obviously only Curry and Klay are untouchable if you want to talk Drummond (which you probably don't)
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1252 » by Pharaoh » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:22 am

Corey Brewer traded for spare parts....what did we offer?

mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#1253 » by mattao313 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:36 am

californiadude wrote:curious if you guys would do this...

It's really simple

Josh Smith and a top 4 protected pick for the next 2 years for Andre Igoudala or David Lee and GSW's 2014 first...

Would really like Singler if you guys would be willing to give him up...anyway if this is a no give me your most attractive Smith offer...Obviously only Curry and Klay are untouchable if you want to talk Drummond (which you probably don't)

Nah sorry we not trading one bad contract and a top 10 pick for two bad contracts. For us to even consider GSW they would have to give us some picks. I would love barnes but i know yall not given him up and yall can have Singler if you want him.
Championships
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#1254 » by californiadude » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:25 am

mattao313 wrote:

It's really simple

Nah sorry we not trading one bad contract and a top 10 pick for two bad contracts. For us to even consider GSW they would have to give us some picks. I would love barnes but i know yall not given him up and yall can have Singler if you want him.

Are you sure you read this??? Two bad contracts??? I said Lee or Iggy not both, I literally left it up to you on which you'd prefer and I don't think either are as bad as Smith to begin with and I offered GSWs first rounder next draft?...if this is still no, whats your best offer for us to to take on smith than?? Would really like a first

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Ghost
Bench Warmer

Post#1255 » by Ghost » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:08 am

californiadude wrote:
mattao313 wrote:

It's really simple

Are you sure you read this??? Two bad contracts??? I said Lee or Iggy not both, I literally left it up to you on which you'd prefer and I don't think either are as bad as Smith to begin with and I offered GSWs first rounder next draft?...if this is still no, whats your best offer for us to to take on smith than?? Would really like a first

I wouldn't trade Smith+First for Iggy or Lee. Honestly, Smith doesn't make much sense for you. You have a great team, they're preforming magnificently, I don't see anything happening.

Drummond and our first hold the most value :lol: we suck bro
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#1256 » by californiadude » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:12 am

Ghost wrote:
californiadude wrote:
mattao313 wrote:

I wouldn't trade Smith+First for Iggy or Lee. Honestly, Smith doesn't make much sense for you. You have a great team, they're preforming magnificently, I don't see anything happening.

Were sunk without Bogut and he can't stay healthy...The goal would be to turn that pick into a replacement center (Cauly-Stein/Porzings/Myles Turner)...We've made this run without Lee and I honestly think with the emergence of Barnes the drop off from Iggy to Smith won't be that great...That's why I'd do it as GSWS fan. Yeah obviously I was kidding Drummond...still recovering from the Warriors passing on him...in fact you owe it to us to make this deal for us letting him fall to you. :nod:
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1257 » by Pharaoh » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:33 am

GSW would be better off trading Lee or Iggy and their first for another rim protector.

We have nothing you'd want/need but I'd happily take Lee for Smith, no firsts exchanged.

OR I'd be willing to part with 2 2nd round picks with Smith for Lee.

Our 2nd in 2015 is pretty valuable, the other 2nd would depend on how much we can improve by dumping Smith.

Drummond/Monroe/Lee is a better fit IMO

Ghost
Bench Warmer

Post#1258 » by Ghost » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:38 am

^I think GS already traded their first though. Could be wrong :?.
Ghost
Bench Warmer

Post#1259 » by Ghost » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:52 am

californiadude wrote:
Ghost wrote:
californiadude wrote:

Were sunk without Bogut and he can't stay healthy...The goal would be to turn that pick into a replacement center (Cauly-Stein/Porzings/Myles Turner)...We've made this run without Lee and I honestly think with the emergence of Barnes the drop off from Iggy to Smith won't be that great...That's why I'd do it as GSWS fan. Yeah obviously I was kidding Drummond...still recovering from the Warriors passing on him...in fact you owe it to us to make this deal for us letting him fall to you. :nod:

Yeah that'd be a good move and in the mean time you could get Smith's blocks/rebounds/assists.. but I don't know if hed buy in for you offensively. Every time I watched the Warriors, I'm like blown away because it's great basketball..since I watch a lot of Smith I don't know if he would fit in like that *or if he's just awful because our team is awful.* I think he might be better with the right players around him, but damn, I don't want to sacrifice the pick for it and if I'm Golden State that risk is insane for the 'now' especially considering the hot start.
I hope Bogut is okay, but damn... maybe trade Barnes for a lotto at the draft and resign Green or something like that. In the short term, maybe a FA signing.. not a big trade, unless it's just Lee straight up for a rim protecter, but I don't have a suggestion right now.
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#1260 » by californiadude » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:07 am

Ghost wrote:]

Yeah that'd be a good move and in the mean time you could get Smith's blocks/rebounds/assists.. but I don't know if hed buy in for you offensively. Every time I watched the Warriors, I'm like blown away because it's great basketball..since I watch a lot of Smith I don't know if he would fit in like that *or if he's just awful because our team is awful.* I think he might be better with the right players around him, but damn, I don't want to sacrifice the pick for it and if I'm Golden State that risk is insane for the 'now' especially considering the hot start.
I hope Bogut is okay, but damn... maybe trade Barnes for a lotto at the draft and resign Green or something like that. In the short term, maybe a FA signing.. not a big trade, unless it's just Lee straight up for a rim protecter, but I don't have a suggestion right now.

Smith would be a risk...maybe I trust Kerr too much to get the job done.
Ok I promise last try...what about the previous deal mentioned except you sent Iggy to Toronto for expirings and GSW gets Terrence Ross??? Definitely makes it better for GSW and this probably the only trade scenario I've ever seen where you literally clear Smith off the books without taking on future commitments...Here's a trade link....
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qaseoq6

I'd probably still say yes if you demanded Ross but he'd be hard to give up once I had the chance.

Return to Detroit Pistons