ImageImageImage

The Trade Thread - v2

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Re: The Trade Thread - v2 

Post#721 » by sc8581 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:24 pm

Kilo wrote:Sacto dumped Terry to Houston for non-guaranteed contracts - now even further under the tax threshold.

Hmmm...

Making room for Smith or Rondo? Both?
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Re: Odg: The Trade Thread - v2 

Post#722 » by kf96 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 9:22 pm

sc8581 wrote:
Kilo wrote:Sacto dumped Terry to Houston for non-guaranteed contracts - now even further under the tax threshold.

Hmmm...

They would need to dump more then half a team to make room for Rondo and Smith.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Re: Odg: The Trade Thread - v2 

Post#723 » by sc8581 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:30 am

kf96 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

Hmmm...

They would need to dump more then half a team to make room for Rondo and Smith.

Didn't realize they had $74M committed next year lol. Williams, Landry, Thompson and McLemore combine to be pretty close so it's not completely out of the question.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#724 » by SamFlow » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:55 pm

sc8581 wrote:
BigDaddyJungle wrote:pekovic and rubio
for
monroe and jennings.

Detroit upgrades at pg
Detroit downgrades at pf/c due to age, but talent about the same.

t'wolves
Upgrade at youth for a rebuild at center (monroe is not a pf)
and stat wise upgrade, but really slight downgrade for the rebuild instead of having to pay rubio a huge contract.

I don't see Minnesota doing that deal, Pekovic and Monroe are basically the same player.

They get much younger for their rebuild. We get a proven player under contract.
We get a pg that will want to be overpaid. They get one that is paid about what he is worth.
BigDaddyJungle
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#725 » by sc8581 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:17 pm

BigDaddyJungle wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
BigDaddyJungle wrote:pekovic and rubio
for
monroe and jennings.

Detroit upgrades at pg
Detroit downgrades at pf/c due to age, but talent about the same.

t'wolves
Upgrade at youth for a rebuild at center (monroe is not a pf)
and stat wise upgrade, but really slight downgrade for the rebuild instead of having to pay rubio a huge contract.

I don't see Minnesota doing that deal, Pekovic and Monroe are basically the same player.

They get much younger for their rebuild. We get a proven player under contract.
We get a pg that will want to be overpaid. They get one that is paid about what he is worth.

You severely underrate Rubio and Pekovic has no use for us. Your arguments are just silly.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#726 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:24 pm

Wolves would have to be absolutely crazy to even think about that trade.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#727 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:39 pm

Would a package of Bass/Wallace/Olynyk/1st round pick (either the Clips or Cavs pick) be enough to pry Josh Smith from you guys? Bass is an expiring, and Olynyk is a decent prospect as a stretch 4.
engelbert321
Head Coach
And1: 1,369

Post#728 » by engelbert321 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:41 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Would a package of Bass/Wallace/Olynyk/1st round pick (either the Clips or Cavs pick) be enough to pry Josh Smith from you guys? Bass is an expiring, and Olynyk is a decent prospect as a stretch 4.

I'd say so
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#729 » by jakebernat » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:11 pm

rondo, g. wallace, bass, olynyck

for

moose, jennings, jerebko, and bynum

-boston is able to turn an expiring/disgruntled rondo and a horrifying wallace contract into one of the young premier post players of the league, greg monroe. jennings gives them a stopgap option at the PG spot until smart/bradley are ready to take over. bynum and jerebko are expirings that provide depth.

-this trade is a bit of a gamble for us, but i'd pull the trigger, mainly because i feel like it gives us the roster overhaul we desperately need as well as solves the frontcourt dilemma. wallace is set to be a big expiring contract next season which we can use to improve the team whether it be via the draft or simply taking advantage of a capped out team. SVG gets his chance to prove to rondo that he belongs here, and he would have the opportunity to thrive. bass and olynyck are two floor spacers in the frontcourt that would fit perfectly with the rest of the roster.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#730 » by SamFlow » Fri Sep 5, 2014 11:12 pm

jakebernat wrote:rondo, g. wallace, bass, olynyck

for

moose, jennings, jerebko, and bynum

-boston is able to turn an expiring/disgruntled rondo and a horrifying wallace contract into one of the young premier post players of the league, greg monroe. jennings gives them a stopgap option at the PG spot until smart/bradley are ready to take over. bynum and jerebko are expirings that provide depth.

-this trade is a bit of a gamble for us, but i'd pull the trigger, mainly because i feel like it gives us the roster overhaul we desperately need as well as solves the frontcourt dilemma. wallace is set to be a big expiring contract next season which we can use to improve the team whether it be via the draft or simply taking advantage of a capped out team. SVG gets his chance to prove to rondo that he belongs here, and he would have the opportunity to thrive. bass and olynyck are two floor spacers in the frontcourt that would fit perfectly with the rest of the roster.

If they included Olynyck, who has potential to fit with drummond, I'd do it in a second. Otherwise, if he wasn't included. Well, I might still do it. I'd have to look at the cap implications.
BigDaddyJungle
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#731 » by Hotmayo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:47 am

I just thought of a Monroe for larry sanders swap would be nice
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#732 » by 2Mas » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:39 pm

engelbert321 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Would a package of Bass/Wallace/Olynyk/1st round pick (either the Clips or Cavs pick) be enough to pry Josh Smith from you guys? Bass is an expiring, and Olynyk is a decent prospect as a stretch 4.

I'd say so

It wouldn't work in the trade machine. We'd havta do

Bass - Wallace - Olynyk

for

Smith - Mitchell (or Bynum)

You resign Moose long term. KO as the stretch big off the bench & bass is a solid vet for a year. Wallace is still a good backup 3, just his contract sucks.
ocellatus921
Junior
And1: 14

Post#733 » by ocellatus921 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:44 am

Monroe, Gigi & Bynum to Boston for Wallace, Olynyx, Philadelphia's 15' 2nd round pick & option to swap Boston's 15' 1st round pick (top 3 protected).
Dubeta
Banned User
And1: 221

Post#734 » by Dubeta » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:24 pm

Hotmayo wrote:I just thought of a Monroe for larry sanders swap would be nice

the bucks wouldn't accept that. I think we should trade monroe to the celtics. They're really stacking up some assets which we could use.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#735 » by cammac » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:08 pm

I believe the Pistons can renounce Monroes qualifying offer the Pacers did with Hansbrough lasy year. I then think they have enough cap to make a Max offer to Bledsloe. You get a good young PG and can play Jennings as 6th man.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#736 » by tmorgan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:46 pm

cammac wrote:I believe the Pistons can renounce Monroes qualifying offer the Pacers did with Hansbrough lasy year. I then think they have enough cap to make a Max offer to Bledsloe. You get a good young PG and can play Jennings as 6th man.

I don't think we can do that -- he already signed it. It's a contract at this point, and you can't just say "sorry, we changed our minds". This isn't the NFL. :-)
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#737 » by cammac » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:16 pm

tmorgan wrote:
cammac wrote:I believe the Pistons can renounce Monroes qualifying offer the Pacers did with Hansbrough lasy year. I then think they have enough cap to make a Max offer to Bledsloe. You get a good young PG and can play Jennings as 6th man.

I don't think we can do that -- he already signed it. It's a contract at this point, and you can't just say "sorry, we changed our minds". This isn't the NFL. :-)

Hansbrough signed his in Indy but Indy renounced it but might be a timeframe on renouncing?
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#738 » by DBC10 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:58 pm

The Kings have been amassing assets and cheap contracts for a while now. They are definitely amping up for a trade considering all they're really missing is a defensive PF in which we currently have right now since Boogie spaces the floor at times.

It's going to get interesting in the next few months.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#739 » by Neptune » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:20 am

Pistons won't trade Smith for trash.
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Post#740 » by Phenomenonsense » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:59 am

Neptune wrote:

Pistons won't trade Smith for trash.

I don't think it is great value or equal value, but Olynyk and a meh first rounder isn't trash. I'd call wallace's contract a negative for sure, and bass as an expiring isn't much value but it has to be something.

Return to Detroit Pistons