ImageImageImage

Pistons give Dinwiddie a 3 yr contract...

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Re: Pistons give Dinwiddie a 3 yr contract... 

Post#21 » by Han Solo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:14 pm

The kid could be really special. No homer either.
wallace72
Junior
And1: 83

Post#22 » by wallace72 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:37 pm

SVG believes in this guy.
Glad to see this, our FO does more work then they did the last 7 years under Dumars.....
dan2314
Starter
And1: 245

Post#23 » by dan2314 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:47 am

This is a pretty standard deal for a second rounder. Nothing to read into here. Other than some get a 1+1 (like siva) others get a 2+1 (like tony mitchell). Meaning they are less likely to give up on him after 1 year.
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#24 » by Redeemed » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:38 pm

I like Spencer, more importantly SVG likes Spencer. From what I've seen from the clips and highlights (that can make anybody look good :lol: ), the kid is highly skilled. His athleticism isn't off the charts, but it is pretty significant (he will bang it on you). He that elusive feel for the PG position that allows him to pass people open and see plays unfold mentally (at least that's what I've gotten from a few "how did he see that" passes).

Not to mention, he can also score and defend. He reminds me of CJ McCollum and Kim English when he speaks to the media (very intelligent and affable dude). Playing wise he's more of a playmaker who makes his teammates better, while CJ is more of a scorer. He's more skilled and athletic than Kim English proved to be.

I look forward to seeing Spencer develop. I think he'll end up being the steal of the draft.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#25 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Redeemed wrote:I like Spencer, more importantly SVG likes Spencer. From what I've seen from the clips and highlights (that can make anybody look good :lol: ), the kid is highly skilled. His athleticism isn't off the charts, but it is pretty significant (he will bang it on you). He that elusive feel for the PG position that allows him to pass people open and see plays unfold mentally (at least that's what I've gotten from a few "how did he see that" passes).

Not to mention, he can also score and defend. He reminds me of CJ McCollum and Kim English when he speaks to the media (very intelligent and affable dude). Playing wise he's more of a playmaker who makes his teammates better, while CJ is more of a scorer. He's more skilled and athletic than Kim English proved to be.

I look forward to seeing Spencer develop. I think he'll end up being the steal of the draft.

CJ McCollum is a pretty good comparison.

Return to Detroit Pistons