ImageImageImage

Quick questions about ticket prices.

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

kinghasnoequal
Senior
And1: 897

Quick questions about ticket prices. 

Post#1 » by kinghasnoequal » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:54 am

Hopefully I'm writing this in the proper section.

I just wanted to know what your ticket prices are for games where you guys play the elite teams (OKC/CAVS/LAC/etc.) I'm from Toronto and I have a good feeling that our support for our team during last seasons playoffs will just cause the regular season ticket prices to skyrocket.

I have visited Detroit multiple times for sports tournaments, but I don't know the city too well. If someone could inform me about the ticket prices, and recommend me a good place to stay overnight and eat dinner I would be appreciate it.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Re: Quick questions about ticket prices. 

Post#2 » by dVs33 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:33 am

Your best bet is Stubhub.
Last season i got real nice lower bowl tickets for $30-40.
PrivateZer0
Sophomore
And1: 274

Post#3 » by PrivateZer0 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 am

Stubhub a day or two before gameday is money for Pistons games. We got lower level Nets-Pistons for 15 dollars. At one point, Blazers-Pistons courtside were only 100!
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,373

Post#4 » by Billl » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Unless things change dramatically this year, the Palace will not be sold out against just about anyone. You'll be able to get seats way below list price from stubhub.

And in case you didn't know, the Palace isn't in Detroit. It's essentially out in the middle of nowhere. There are nice hotels around, but they are business traveler oriented, not "go out and have a good time on vacation" type spots. If you just want to catch a game and crash, then staying around auburn hills would be fine. Otherwise, you might look at staying downtown.
kinghasnoequal
Senior
And1: 897

Post#5 » by kinghasnoequal » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Wow that sounds a lot better than I expected. Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it.
cochiseuofm
Veteran
And1: 608

Post#6 » by cochiseuofm » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:04 pm

kinghasnoequal wrote:I have visited Detroit multiple times for sports tournaments, but I don't know the city too well. If someone could inform me about the ticket prices, and recommend me a good place to stay overnight and eat dinner I would be appreciate it.

Can't help you with the hotel other than saying don't stay in Auburn Hills - there is nothing going on there in the night and based on feedback from my coworkers (I am a consultant and worked on a project in AH for which 20+ other consultants flew in for) who stayed at pretty much every property in the area during our long project - most of them are not so great. If you do have to stay there, I've heard the regular Marriott (not the extended stay) is alright. Birmingham is where I'd stay if I was a visitor to the area but hotels are pricier there.

For food, plenty of good options. Lots of good BBQ joints downtown (Slow's is the more famous one but I personally prefer Red Smoke as they have better pulled pork). I've also heard good things about a newer place called Green Dots Stables (sliders and beer place) but haven't had a chance to check it out myself yet. Birmingham has a lot of good non-BBQ restaurants as well (I'd recommend just looking up the city on Yelp and figuring out what type of cuisine you want and picking a place.)

Return to Detroit Pistons