sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Re: Monroe for Bennett could be great for both players and t 

Post#61 » by sc8581 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:53 am

Q00 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Q00 wrote:
No they don't and this year wasn't an exception. Late first picks always have more value than any 2nd rd pick. Unless its a team in financial trouble, but that is usually the rare exception not the rule. Most teams can afford to keep a late 1st rd pick and do, and value them more than 2nd rd picks

Teams are always trying to dump or sell late first rounders man, where have you been lol

2nd rd picks aren't worth more than 1st rd picks. Stop with this nonsense.

There aren't even 32 picks in the first round lol

Early seconds are worth more than late firsts to teams
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#62 » by DETermination » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:42 am

DCintheD wrote:Most of you are terribly undervaluing Bennett and overvaluing Monroe's value to this team. Monroe at 12-14M per is horrible value for us. I agree Cavs need to add a 1st rd pick to justify the transaction but with or without it I'd take Bennett at his contract over Monroe at whatever it'll take to keep him.

I'm not undervaluing someone who looked like they couldn't even play basketball last season, you want to trade one of our most valuable trade assets for Bennett just because he has looked decent in summerleague? There are so many better players we could probably get for Monroe, and why would you want to help the cavs anyway? They already got Lebron why should we give them Moose for basically free, I would rather just re sign Monroe if all we can get for him is Bennett.
Detroit vs Everybody
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#63 » by DBC10 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:38 am

No thanks.

Actually...Hell to the no thanks.
RasheedTupac
Senior
And1: 451

Post#64 » by RasheedTupac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:23 am

DCintheD wrote:Most of you are terribly undervaluing Bennett and overvaluing Monroe's value to this team. Monroe at 12-14M per is horrible value for us. I agree Cavs need to add a 1st rd pick to justify the transaction but with or without it I'd take Bennett at his contract over Monroe at whatever it'll take to keep him.
stfu lol you either never watched a pistons game ever in your life or only listen to the douches on 97.1
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#65 » by need4detroit » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:28 am

Is this a joke?
Tius645 wrote:Do you consider a Monroe for Wiggins trade as a real possibility?

No.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#66 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 am

RasheedTupac wrote:
stfu lol you either never watched a pistons game ever in your life or only listen to the douches on 97.1

You aint going to last long on this site w post like these. This is a horrible idea but theres a tactful way to do it. This is NOT it
eltercero
Banned User
And1: 203

Post#67 » by eltercero » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:28 am

sfballa13 wrote:
wallacex2jc wrote:I better get Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Verajao and a 1st round pick for Monroe and Smith

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Id do Monroe, Singler, Smith for Varejao, Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson, Cash

We use the cash to buy out Varejao who returns back to the Cavs

Kyrie
Waiters / Ray Allen
Lebron / Singler - Mike Miller
Smith /
Monroe / Varejao

Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson << Smith/Monroe if Love is no longer available

Meanwhile, we will be:
Jennings / Augustin
KCP / Meeks
Wiggins
Thompson
Drummond

Young team that can grow together and we will get another high pick next year as well

Do Detroit fans not yet realize that no one wants Smith. :lol:
And how in any way, shape, or form does a sign and trade of Greg Monroe and Josh friggin Smith land you Wiggins, Bennett, TT, and Andy?!
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#68 » by tmorgan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 am

I suppose no one on the Cavs board ever makes unreasonable trade scenarios?

Seriously, why bother to post that?
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#69 » by Redeemed » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:14 am

Ok so some of the trade scenarios have been a bit outrageous. But let's not act like the Cavs somehow have gold in Tristan Thompson, Andy V, and Bennett. Tristan hasn't played up to his draft position in the times he's been in the league. Andy V is a crafty rebounding machine waiting for his next injury. Anthony Bennett was a bum during the season and a beast in summer league...sounds strangely like Captain Summer league himself, Austin Daye.

As I say that about Bennett, I believe he will be a pretty solid rotational player in years to come (for a Tweener), but to date he has done nothing. Wiggins is a big question mark. He has the physical tools to be a defensive stopper, but the jury is still out on him. Jabari Parker is WAY ahead of skill wise and will probably be dominate in the league way before Wiggins figures our how to be.

Josh Smith with his headcase style of play has proven to be a bad boy when he doesn't go off the reservation. He can fill the stat sheet in a hurry. He can be dominate on both ends. Offensively he needs to play 15 feet and in abusing the defender with his power. Defensively he guards multiple positions and excels as a help defender.

Why do I want him traded? He's a bad fit as our three. His presence creates a controversy if we want to develop Monroe and Drummond as our cornerstones of the future. It was largely a bad gamble on Dumars part to bring in a player like Smith to play under a passive coach who was clueless as to how to reach him. The decision was counterproductive to development of Greg "Moose" Monroe.

Moose has been the picture of consistency since he joined our dysfunctional team. He suffered through the Kuester buffoonery, the Frank foolishness, and the Cheeks/Loyer stupidity. Last year should have been a 20 and 10 year for him, but a directionless team with inefficient play got in the way of his shine.

Moose and Drummond teamed together have boundless potential. SVG guiding Moose represents a huge boon in Moose's development. SVG can put together schemes and concepts to help dude become a better defender and all around player.
RasheedTupac
Senior

Post#70 » by RasheedTupac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
RasheedTupac wrote:

You aint going to last long on this site w post like these. This is a horrible idea but theres a tactful way to do it. This is NOT it
nicest possible way I coulda said that
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#71 » by DCintheD » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:18 pm

RasheedTupac wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
RasheedTupac wrote: stfu lol you either never watched a pistons game ever in your life or only listen to the douches on 97.1

you must be really cool... Rasheed and Tupac?? Can I be your friend? :o
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
RasheedTupac
Senior

Post#72 » by RasheedTupac » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:52 am

DCintheD wrote:
RasheedTupac wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:You aint going to last long on this site w post like these. This is a horrible idea but theres a tactful way to do it. This is NOT it

You can befriend these nuts
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#73 » by tmorgan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:37 am

Slowest comeback in history... three weeks later.

It was nice having you around. I get the feeling you're about to take another vacation.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#74 » by sc8581 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:43 am

I thought it was "deez nuts" or however it should be spelled idk
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#75 » by DCintheD » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 pm

RasheedTupac wrote:
DCintheD wrote:
RasheedTupac wrote: nicest possible way I coulda said that

too cool

btw how many times have you And1'd yourself? kinda suspicious that you have way more And1's than posts... got yourself another account there buddy? :lol:
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#76 » by Piston Pete » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:32 am

I would consider Monroe/Bynum for Bennett/Delladova
RasheedTupac
Senior

Post#77 » by RasheedTupac » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:33 am

DCintheD wrote:
RasheedTupac wrote:
DCintheD wrote:you must be really cool... Rasheed and Tupac?? Can I be your friend? :o

too cool

btw how many times have you And1'd yourself? kinda suspicious that you have way more And1's than posts... got yourself another account there buddy? :lol:

Great joke, suspicious i don't spend all my time on here and when ever i do i post accurate things that people agree with?
Coherence
Banned User
And1: 41

Post#78 » by Coherence » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:12 am

Oh for the love of God..
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#79 » by hoophabit » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Ah summertime, you have to love it! :lol:
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#80 » by tmorgan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Couldn't you just combine your accounts and be BigFatTupac? Or Bobsheed? Those are fun names.

Return to Detroit Pistons