Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Re: Spencer Dinwiddie: ceiling/floor? 

Post#121 » by treefi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:27 pm

epheisey wrote:
treefi wrote:70% success rate for 1st round picks?? :crazy:

Alright, let me rephrase. Success can be interpreted differently. Obviously a #1 pick who turns into a starter, but not an all-star might not be considered a success by some.

I was simply looking at 1st round picks that were starters at some point in their career. That's the 70%. Apologies for any misguided info there.

Yes, 1st round picks are given a helluva lot more opportunity to prove themselves than 2nd round picks.
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#122 » by treefi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Brapman wrote:Exactly Motown. We had hopes for Dinwiddie, and it's pretty obvious he'd have been picked higher if teams knew his recovery would be as fast and strong as it has been. (Teams always downgrade Euro picks that aren't coming over for a year or more -- and the downgrade is also taken on players who are injured who might miss the entire season). And now, with the Pistons "experts" having a chance to watch him in practice and in the training room and get to know him, Bower has come out and said he's a building block we're building around for the future.

It's pretty obvious that the team has determined that he's a player.

He's had one game where he turned the fans heads.

Nobody knows anything for sure -- in fact nobody knows for sure that the high lotto picks can even play at a high level in this league -- but the signs are there that we might have hit a HR with this pick. epheisey is now just defending his previously held position about Dinwiddie, and is throwing anything he can throw that might stick against the wall. But for us professional tea-leaf readers, the tea-leaves pretty obviously are promising this time.

:nod: :nod: :nod:
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#123 » by Kilo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:13 pm

More interesting to me is Bowers mentioned KCP, Dre and Dinwiddie as cornerstone types to build around and didn't mention Monroe.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#124 » by Pharaoh » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:16 am

Kilo wrote:More interesting to me is Bowers mentioned KCP, Dre and Dinwiddie as cornerstone types to build around and didn't mention Monroe.

Because Monroe is going to be an unrestricted free agent this off-season while the other 3 are young and have a lot of time left on their contracts.

No point mentioning guys who are off contract after the season IMO

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons