ImageImageImage

Team USA

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Re: Team USA 

Post#101 » by bstein14 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:33 am

Drummond is the youngest guy on the team... and his team defense isn't great... Just really have to hope he takes this entire experience and works his ass off and learns as much as he can from it.
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#102 » by DETermination » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:34 am

If Plumlee makes the team over Andre he may just be the most overrated player to ever play on team usa.
Detroit vs Everybody
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#103 » by detroitKG » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:37 am

DETermination wrote:If Plumlee makes the team over Andre he may just be the most overrated player to ever play on team usa.

He doesn't do anything, free throws aside, better than Drummond. Doesn't even have the physical presence inside..It's pretty mind boggling to me...If it was guys like Griffin and Love over Dre then yea, but Faried and Plumlee hahahahaha :crazy:
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Post#104 » by bstein14 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:37 am

No one thinks he's going to have a better career than Andre... its simply a matter of who coach K is going to want for the 11th or 12th guys on the bench. If Andre does make the team, he's going to get very little playing time during the tournament.
DETermination
RealGM

Post#105 » by DETermination » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:41 am

Has plumlee even done anything in this game?
Detroit vs Everybody
engelbert321
Head Coach
And1: 1,369

Post#106 » by engelbert321 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:42 am

DETermination wrote:Has plumlee even done anything in this game?

putbacks. so impressive.
Maker_84
Banned User
And1: 220

Post#107 » by Maker_84 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:43 am

has Drummond played at all yet?? i turned it off
DETermination
RealGM

Post#108 » by DETermination » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:44 am

bstein14 wrote:No one thinks he's going to have a better career than Andre... its simply a matter of who coach K is going to want for the 11th or 12th guys on the bench. If Andre does make the team, he's going to get very little playing time during the tournament.

And this game proves why they need Drummond way more then Plumlee, Brazil's bigmen are killing team usa. And Drummond is the biggest guy on team usa, he would be 10 times more useful of a player with his size alone especially going against Spain. After watching this game and the last scrimmage, Plumlee doesn't look like he belongs there and the only reason he is there is because he played for Duke.
Detroit vs Everybody
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#109 » by kurtis48239 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:45 am

looked like faried got punched in the stomaqch.
kurtis48239
General Manager

Post#110 » by kurtis48239 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:49 am

Whats really sad,is we might not get to see the best combo of center and pf to play with each other,that should be the real crime.
kurtis48239
General Manager

Post#111 » by kurtis48239 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:51 am

They also might want to really showcase davis,if you put dre in there,then you basicly make davis a stretch 4.
DETermination
RealGM

Post#112 » by DETermination » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:51 am

If Andre gets cut, I hope he takes that as motivation to dominate the league this season.
Detroit vs Everybody
Maker_84
Banned User
And1: 220

Post#113 » by Maker_84 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:07 am

DETermination wrote:If Andre gets cut, I hope he takes that as motivation to dominate the league this season.

i hope he uses it as motivation to get alot better on offense and on the ball defense. Which is what he needs to do
kurtis48239
General Manager

Post#114 » by kurtis48239 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:21 am

Honestly if I was dre I would be insulted by not getting 1 min worth of playing time,with cousins out dre is the best center on that team and to not get 1 min of playing time would piss me off.If I was dre,I would just pull out,if cousins also decides to pull out because of his injury (which I know isnt bad,but might make him think about this up coming season),you would have plumlee as there best center,and if I was dre I would just sit back and watch USA get killed every game inside and then come out and dominate during the season and have MONSTER GAMES against plumlee to.Even dres face when plumlee bricked that ft,and even tho he isnt good at it himself,you could tell the look was more of a WTF moment for playing plum instead of dre.

I also love how plumlee is becoming overrated and fans insinuating hes better than dre,you know damn well any NBA fan would take dre over plum in a heartbeat.

CANT WAIT until the season starts,just to see dre go nuts.
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#115 » by need4detroit » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:35 am

kurtis48239 wrote:Honestly if I was dre I would be insulted by not getting 1 min worth of playing time,with cousins out dre is the best center on that team and to not get 1 min of playing time would piss me off.If I was dre,I would just pull out,if cousins also decides to pull out because of his injury (which I know isnt bad,but might make him think about this up coming season),you would have plumlee as there best center,and if I was dre I would just sit back and watch USA get killed every game inside and then come out and dominate during the season and have MONSTER GAMES against plumlee to.Even dres face when plumlee bricked that ft,and even tho he isnt good at it himself,you could tell the look was more of a WTF moment for playing plum instead of dre.

I also love how plumlee is becoming overrated and fans insinuating hes better than dre,you know damn well any NBA fan would take dre over plum in a heartbeat.

If I was Dre, during the next practice, I would elbow Plumlee in the face, dunk on him, and teabag him, and basically make him my bitch.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
kurtis48239
General Manager

Post#116 » by kurtis48239 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:42 am

need4detroit wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:Honestly if I was dre I would be insulted by not getting 1 min worth of playing time,with cousins out dre is the best center on that team and to not get 1 min of playing time would piss me off.If I was dre,I would just pull out,if cousins also decides to pull out because of his injury (which I know isnt bad,but might make him think about this up coming season),you would have plumlee as there best center,and if I was dre I would just sit back and watch USA get killed every game inside and then come out and dominate during the season and have MONSTER GAMES against plumlee to.Even dres face when plumlee bricked that ft,and even tho he isnt good at it himself,you could tell the look was more of a WTF moment for playing plum instead of dre.

If I was Dre, during the next practice, I would elbow Plumlee in the face, dunk on him, and teabag him, and basically make him my bitch.

Lol,I wouldnt want him to go that far,but I certainly feel your anger.

Thers only 3 possible reasons plumlee is playing over dre
1-coach k connection
2-plumlee is better than dre
3-dre is slacking off at practices

Which one makes the most sense ???
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#117 » by need4detroit » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:55 am

kurtis48239 wrote:
need4detroit wrote:

Lol,I wouldnt want him to go that far,but I certainly feel your anger.

Thers only 3 possible reasons plumlee is playing over dre
1-coach k connection

The first one.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#118 » by cammac » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 am

Coach K is a idiot he cuts Wall for Irving & Lillard when Wall is a much better all round PG than either who have no defense.
Doesn't give Drummond any minutes
Doesn't give DeMar minutes.
Gives Rudy Gay minutes

DeMar was clearly the best SG in last scrimmage
Think Drummond and Davis good together.

Spain will eat USA bigs as they are now.
Lithuania as well Jonas and Donuts playing very well.
He Filled it Up
Veteran
And1: 1,439

Post#119 » by He Filled it Up » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 am

kurtis48239 wrote:1-coach k connection

4-coach k wants his "center" to play a certain way, and is willing to give up the benefits of playing Andre over Plumlee, who already knows the system

I really can't see any other argument. The only thing Plumlee does better than Dre is shoot FTs, and at a blistering 62% I hardly call that much of an asset. The only teams that could scare the US are the ones that Dre would play so well against. I just don't understand how Faried AND Plumlee are going to make the team over Drummond. They're both good players, but Drummond is better and younger and much more likely to be a part of the national down the road.
Count that baby and a foul!
kurtis48239
General Manager

Post#120 » by kurtis48239 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:34 am

He Filled it Up wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:1-coach k connection

4-coach k wants his "center" to play a certain way, and is willing to give up the benefits of playing Andre over Plumlee, who already knows the system

I really can't see any other argument. The only thing Plumlee does better than Dre is shoot FTs, and at a blistering 62% I hardly call that much of an asset. The only teams that could scare the US are the ones that Dre would play so well against. I just don't understand how Faried AND Plumlee are going to make the team over Drummond. They're both good players, but Drummond is better and younger and much more likely to be a part of the national down the road.

One of our posters said it on the GB that coach k probably isnt giving dre minutes because if dre were given the chance he would out shine plum and that would give people reason to question coach k decision,but if no one gets to see dre,then no one can question why plum is in over dre.Makes sense to me.

Return to Detroit Pistons