ImageImageImage

We should be making a play for Bledsoe

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: We should be making a play for Bledsoe 

Post#41 » by DetroitSho » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 pm

phrazbit wrote:Suns fan here. Bledsoe is good... really really good. IMO as a two way he is better than Dragic. He is probably the best defensive point guard in the NBA. As an offensive player he is good and getting better. He does turn the ball over too much but, as someone else noted, its a side effect of how aggressive he is at attacking the hoop.

As for him supposedly getting "DNP Coaches Decision"... what does he have, like 3 of those in his entire career? And most of them coming in after his return from injury in his 2nd season? And who cares anyway, the guy was a monster last season and the Suns, when he was healthy, were 28-15, a winning percentage which comfortably puts them among the top 10 teams in the league.

But... all that said, I dont see how anything could be worked out with Detroit. Monroe (like Bledsoe's agent) has grossly over-estimated the market for his talents. If the Suns are hesitant to bid against themselves for Bledsoe you can bet your balls that doing it for Monroe is out of the question.

And trading for Jennings... well, I'd rather lose Bledsoe for nothing. Jennings is an absolutely dreadful player. I'm sorry that you guys are stuck with him. I've watched his career with mild interest and he seems like the Michael Beasley of point guards. A player that some people look at his base stats and delude themselves into thinking he is legit... but a closer inspection reveals a player that is a severe hindrance on both ends of the court and is probably destined to light up the Chinese league sometime in the near future.

To be clear, the genius above you was the one making the argument that all the games Bledsoe has missed in his career wasn't because of injury but a good deal of them were DNP's for the likes of 3rd rate guys. My point was that this so called superstar surely wouldn't get DNP'd for Mo Williams and the like.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Re: We should be making a play for Bledsoe 

Post#42 » by sc8581 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:31 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
phrazbit wrote:Suns fan here. Bledsoe is good... really really good. IMO as a two way he is better than Dragic. He is probably the best defensive point guard in the NBA. As an offensive player he is good and getting better. He does turn the ball over too much but, as someone else noted, its a side effect of how aggressive he is at attacking the hoop.

As for him supposedly getting "DNP Coaches Decision"... what does he have, like 3 of those in his entire career? And most of them coming in after his return from injury in his 2nd season? And who cares anyway, the guy was a monster last season and the Suns, when he was healthy, were 28-15, a winning percentage which comfortably puts them among the top 10 teams in the league.

But... all that said, I dont see how anything could be worked out with Detroit. Monroe (like Bledsoe's agent) has grossly over-estimated the market for his talents. If the Suns are hesitant to bid against themselves for Bledsoe you can bet your balls that doing it for Monroe is out of the question.

And trading for Jennings... well, I'd rather lose Bledsoe for nothing. Jennings is an absolutely dreadful player. I'm sorry that you guys are stuck with him. I've watched his career with mild interest and he seems like the Michael Beasley of point guards. A player that some people look at his base stats and delude themselves into thinking he is legit... but a closer inspection reveals a player that is a severe hindrance on both ends of the court and is probably destined to light up the Chinese league sometime in the near future.

To be clear, the genius above you was the one making the argument that all the games Bledsoe has missed in his career wasn't because of injury but a good deal of them were DNP's for the likes of 3rd rate guys. My point was that this so called superstar surely wouldn't get DNP'd for Mo Williams and the like.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Mo Williams has been a very good bench player for several teams for a long time now, he was hardly 3rd rate a few years ago, unlike Maxiell.

Return to Detroit Pistons