ImageImageImage

An interesting Article on josh smith

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Re: An interesting Article on josh smith 

Post#41 » by triplet1984 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 2:34 am

c rasheed wrote:Nothing he hasn't been saying every offseason for nearly a decade

Exactly. This is the first paragon with this team so the fans haven't played this game over and over with this moron.

Show it on the court.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#42 » by slicedbread2 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 3:54 am

I'm not a Pistons fan, but here's my take on J-Smoove.

It's a pretty bold move on Van Gundy's part to be willing to roll the dice on him. The dude is up there with the best in terms of athleticism, but I feel that his mental make up may prevent him from ever realizing his potential in terms of making a lot of poor decisions on the court. The fact that Atlanta wasn't willing to re-sign him considering he was a hometown kid said a lot and should have been a red flag.

Personally, I would have taken the Kings package of Thompson and expiring deals and tear it down and rebuild around Drummond since I wouldn't want Smith's bad habits to rub on Drummond. If Smith works out and he finally improves his all-around game more, SVG looks like a genius and if he was able to get the most out of Howard before his meltdown, I think he can do it with Smith. Otherwise, if worse case scenario comes out, you got an unmoveable deal.
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#43 » by mercury » Sun Sep 7, 2014 6:33 am

I'd like to think of this as his last chance to prove that he can mature as a team player... if the answer is NO then we're in a bad way until his expiring year.... SVG may be his best coach to-date.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#44 » by DetroitSho » Sun Sep 7, 2014 1:22 pm

Why do people continue to say Josh Smith's contract is untradeable/unmovable? Is there a certain amount of times it needs to be said for it to actually become true? Because that's certainly not the case now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons