Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Re: Kcp is going to be fine! 

Post#21 » by Redeemed » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Brapman wrote:Bullet - dodged.

We need an emoticon for "bullet-dodged"

KCP, it seems to me, will become one of the better SG's in the game over the next few seasons - a guy who won't be a Wade like superstar, but who will be a legit all-star caliber player, and a guy we build this team around.

Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#22 » by Brapman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:15 pm

KCP and Meeks together form what this year will be - not should be, will be - much better SG play than we got from the position last season. In some situations, it's easy to envision them being on the floor together for singular possessions at the end of a quarter when we've got the ball. And if teams go small against us, they can play together on D also.

It's pretty obvious that we'll be much improved at SG.

They'll also benefit from the improved low post play and usage of Drummond, Monroe and Smith (playing his proper position) who'll be about as strong a low post power group as there is in the league - because all our shooters and wing players will have more room. So that's a second and third position group that will be much improved over last season (PF and C).

I also am a bit less sure that we'll be improved significantly at PG. Jennings under a great coach, DJ will, I think, form an improved PG group compared to last season. Dinwiddie will almost certainly be in the mix, but not until next season.

We all know that the likely biggest ? mark on the team is SF - although Singler could still prove to be a sweet shooting glue guy. The kid does know how to play. I'm just not sure about the long term viability of him starting. Obviously, we could use a defensive juggernaut at that position. Watch for a Corey Brewer like acquisition at some point this season or next.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#23 » by DTP » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
DTP wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:My only fear is that Meeks will come back and push ahead of KCP just enough to earn the starting spot while KCP is sitting on the bench.

Why is that a fear?

Because I think KCP, with his skill set, recent performance, and potential, should clearly be the starter. I don't want Meeks stunting KCP's growith. Plus, I think KCP can be an elite defender and I prefer defense in the starting lineup. Meeks strikes me more as a 6th man who will get a lot of open looks from Monroe drawing attention in the paint. I've come around to the Meeks signing after not being too thrilled about but I will be upset if he is limiting the development of our future franchise building blocks, something KCP has a legitimate chance to be.

KCP should compete for his position, just as everyone else does. If he is as good as you're all trying to make him out to be right now, he'll get the playing time he deserves. Not that I'm hating on KCP or anything, I'm just not completely sold yet.....we've heard the same crap from this fan base about Brandon Knight and Austin Daye after good preseasons too.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,601

Post#24 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:47 pm

I knew he was fine within hours after the game because Drummond brushed it off saying KCP just cramped up and will be fine. I think it was the media and people on forums that panic'd.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#25 » by hoophabit » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:22 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I knew he was fine within hours after the game because Drummond brushed it off saying KCP just cramped up and will be fine. I think it was the media and people on forums that panic'd.

It would have been easier on me if I had been as sanguine about AD's medical opinion, as I was pretty worried until the MRI report came back. I thought it looked pretty bad at the time, and was concerned about hearing ACL/MCL bad news. Yeah, dodging a bullet.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,601

Post#26 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:29 pm

hoophabit wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I knew he was fine within hours after the game because Drummond brushed it off saying KCP just cramped up and will be fine. I think it was the media and people on forums that panic'd.

It would have been easier on me if I had been as sanguine about AD's medical opinion, as I was pretty worried until the MRI report came back. I thought it looked pretty bad at the time, and was concerned about hearing ACL/MCL bad news. Yeah, dodging a bullet.

For me, it was Drummonds casualness about it. To me, that meant he had been talking with KCP and they all thought it wasn't anything serious. Thus, I was cool because at that point, worse case would be a stress fracture.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Post#27 » by Phenomenonsense » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Just so you know, there is a past tense form of panic. It's panicked.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#28 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:47 am

Any news on KCP's injury. its suprising he isn't back yet, thats quite a bit of time for a sprain. i wonder if the injury is actually worst but SVG doesn't want the league to know that from a trade/negotiating stand point
joeposh
Pro Prospect
And1: 413

Post#29 » by joeposh » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:37 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Any news on KCP's injury. its suprising he isn't back yet, thats quite a bit of time for a sprain. i wonder if the injury is actually worst but SVG doesn't want the league to know that from a trade/negotiating stand point

Didn't they say they were going to keep him out for the rest of the preseason as a precaution? No need to rush him back when the games don't count.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#30 » by whitehops » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 am

there hasn't been much news on his injury (from my usual resources) but I don't expect him to be out more than a week or two into the season - at most.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#31 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:21 am

joeposh wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:Any news on KCP's injury. its suprising he isn't back yet, thats quite a bit of time for a sprain. i wonder if the injury is actually worst but SVG doesn't want the league to know that from a trade/negotiating stand point

Didn't they say they were going to keep him out for the rest of the preseason as a precaution? No need to rush him back when the games don't count.

After his MRI they said he should be back by this game but obviously that didn't happen. However, that leads me to believe that he should be back for game 1 with almost another whole week of rest before then. We will see. Were gonna need him with Meeks out and Monroe out for the first 2 games.
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#32 » by Redeemed » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:15 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
joeposh wrote:

After his MRI they said he should be back by this game but obviously that didn't happen. However, that leads me to believe that he should be back for game 1 with almost another whole week of rest before then. We will see. Were gonna need him with Meeks out and Monroe out for the first 2 games.

I'm looking forward to him coming back against the uptempo Nuggets. If his last game of last season against OKC, his summer league showing, and his preseason are any indication...this should be a breakout season for KCP.

A smart Jennings, a steady Augustin, an efficient Smith, a surprising Dinwiddie, a dominant Drummond, a high scoring Moose...a SVG structured team. Let's get it!! :nod:
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#33 » by kurtis48239 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:06 am

Thought I would post this in preperation for KCP"S RETURN AND WHATS TO COME !!!!!!!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zqTY_GMQ44[/youtube]

He also has such a beautiful arc on his shot.

Return to Detroit Pistons