ImageImageImage

Pistons intrested in Chase Budinger

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Re: Pistons intrested in Chase Budinger 

Post#101 » by treefi » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:58 am

Kilo wrote:I think Datome should get an extended look at the three to see if he could offer something in the league before we make any move like this. To me Mitchell is an easy cut to get us to 15 rostered players, but then any player addition would need a further subtraction - so essentially Budinger would be knocking Datome off the roster, even if Gigi isn't traded for him (say we dealt Bynum's 3M+ contract in the deal).

Adding Budinger for Bynum, then cut Mitchell and Datome and keep Thabeet might be the best way to go.

Jennings|Augustin|Dinwiddie
KCP|Budinger|(Meeks)
Singler|Butler|Martin
Monroe|Smith|Jerebko
Drummond|(Gray)|Thabeet

I wouldn't mind seeing Datome get a stretch with the starters to see how he does... just in case...
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#102 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:24 am

Phenomenonsense wrote:Snake givin out that D lmao.

didn't even spit on it first. =p

i have searched the internet, and have found nothing regarding Budinger and Detroit, and nothing. i think that means were are too far apart.
MinotauroBigNog
Junior
And1: 112

Post#103 » by MinotauroBigNog » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:02 am

tr1986 wrote:
MinotauroBigNog wrote:Wolves fan checking in, we are trying to cut our roster down to 15, and trading Chase is a MUCH easier task than trading Barea. So basically we wouldn't ask for any players in return unless it was a 2 for 1 (us trading 2). So I imagine the trade would be some combo of second rounders or something if it is just him straight up.

if the two were to trade, say, jerebko for budinger, the wolves could then drop robbie hummel, right?

At this point I think anyone coming to our roster will bump out Hummel.
Pride Never Die
uncleoswald
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#104 » by uncleoswald » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:08 pm

MinotauroBigNog wrote:
tr1986 wrote:
MinotauroBigNog wrote:Wolves fan checking in, we are trying to cut our roster down to 15, and trading Chase is a MUCH easier task than trading Barea. So basically we wouldn't ask for any players in return unless it was a 2 for 1 (us trading 2). So I imagine the trade would be some combo of second rounders or something if it is just him straight up.

if the two were to trade, say, jerebko for budinger, the wolves could then drop robbie hummel, right?

At this point I think anyone coming to our roster will bump out Hummel.

why do you think the wolves want to trade budinger, anyway? clear cap space for next summer, free up PT at the 3 for GR and shabazz this season, unhappy in minnesota?
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#105 » by ImHeisenberg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:15 am

The Budinger and Pistons rumors continue. It makes sense that Minnie wants to move him, with them already having 1200 wings under contract. But, I don't see how this works for Detroit. Minnesota and Detroit both have more than 15 guaranteed contracts, they want to par down their roster by next week.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#106 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:31 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:The Budinger and Pistons rumors continue. It makes sense that Minnie wants to move him, with them already having 1200 wings under contract. But, I don't see how this works for Detroit. Minnesota and Detroit both have more than 15 guaranteed contracts, they want to par down their roster by next week.

What rumors. I have not seen anything since Woj reported it
aad
Starter
And1: 466

Post#107 » by aad » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:03 am

Me either
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#108 » by ImHeisenberg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:The Budinger and Pistons rumors continue. It makes sense that Minnie wants to move him, with them already having 1200 wings under contract. But, I don't see how this works for Detroit. Minnesota and Detroit both have more than 15 guaranteed contracts, they want to par down their roster by next week.

What rumors. I have not seen anything since Woj reported it

Not sure of the name, I read it on hoops rumors, who aggregate these things.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#109 » by DTP » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:28 pm

"Detroit prob. the team to watch on Chase B front." - Minny beat writer yesterday

I really want this....wanted when we drafted him in the first place. Take the risk SVG!
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#110 » by DetroitPistons » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:02 pm

DTP wrote:"Detroit prob. the team to watch on Chase B front." - Minny beat writer yesterday

I really want this....wanted when we drafted him in the first place. Take the risk SVG!

He would be a good backup SG until Meeks gets back and if he really produces he may slide over to starting SF if any of our other SF's don't step up. I'm not sure if taking on that extra 5mil is going to hurt our chances of signing a legit starting SF in the offseason though.
DTP
General Manager

Post#111 » by DTP » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Who realistically are we going to sign? Possibly Arron Afflalo....maybe....but I'd take the risk.
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Post#112 » by kf96 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 pm

How much money will Afflalo want next year?
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#113 » by Brapman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Afflalo won't be the guy we target - he's a SG and that's a position we're likely quite set and happy with.
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Post#114 » by kf96 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 pm

But he can play sf
DTP
General Manager

Post#115 » by DTP » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Brapman wrote:Afflalo won't be the guy we target - he's a SG and that's a position we're likely quite set and happy with.

What makes you think Afflalo can't play small forward? Can he defend the position? Yes. Can he hit outside shots? Yes. He would be the best option on the free agent market, if we had cap space. My entire point is, the small forward depth in the league isn't strong or deep at all and if it was, still would be unlikely that we'd draw some top free agent on the market. When was the last time we signed a big time, highly desired player? No worries, I'll wait....
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#116 » by sfballa13 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:04 am

Going after Budinger is a bad idea

Let's say he can't stay healthy or stick in the rotation, he is probably going to pick up his player option in that case and we will be on the hook for 5M next year

So when we are trying to sign our future SF next offseason, there goes another 5M we could have offered him
Moose10Fan
Veteran
And1: 2,551

Post#117 » by Moose10Fan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 am

I don't really understand the interest, maybe if Smudge is involved in the trade.
DTP
General Manager

Post#118 » by DTP » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:05 am

sfballa13 wrote:Going after Budinger is a bad idea

Let's say he can't stay healthy or stick in the rotation, he is probably going to pick up his player option in that case and we will be on the hook for 5M next year

So when we are trying to sign our future SF next offseason, there goes another 5M we could have offered him

Who is this awesome future SF to be signed next season? You can't come up with that bs of an excuse without naming some realistic targets.

Lets say he comes here, stays healthy, and is a solid contributor because of his ability to hit outside shots and his athleticism......its a win. Lets say he doesn't work out....he's a $5M expiring next season which eventually turns into trade value. Expirings aren't the value they used to be bit still, value.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#119 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:54 am

Guys where we currently at

SG:

KCP(still not cleared to play and has only been shooting in practice)
Dinwiddie(hasn't played meanful basketball in forever, and is a rookie)
Meeks(out)
Singler(will get roasted defensively)

SF:
Butler(Vet presence, any production is nice)
Singler(Young and developing, but clearly a role player)
Martin(Stretch SF, that doesn't help or hurt you)
JJ/Smith(Real desperate times)

We clearly need a SF/SG for the beginning of the season AT LEAST, while Budinger is probably as good as singler is now, he definitely has a chance to be better with his sort of athleticism. There's no SF on our team with his kind of upside. To be clear, this is a need for our team, and being that he is coming off 2 down years, we should be able to get this experiment cheaper than normal. I know some are concerned about the price, but fact is Budinger right now is a 5 million dollar player, if he returns to his old form, he may decline the player option becuase he has the skill set to make much more. My fear is that Minny wants Dinwiddie.
DTP
General Manager

Post#120 » by DTP » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:09 am

Just ran it through a trade machine.....Budinger for Datome & Mitchell. Detroit gets an upgrade on the perimeter and Minnesota saves $2.5M as they'll waive both Datome and Mitchell and keep Hummel and Robinson III.

GET IT DONE, PLEAAAAAAASE!

Return to Detroit Pistons