ImageImageImage

Pistons intrested in Chase Budinger

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,367

Re: Pistons intrested in Chase Budinger 

Post#81 » by Billl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:59 pm

meh - If he recovers from injury, his upside is still only backup SF. We already have guys who can do that at a (debatably) similar level. I wouldn't want to commit another mid level type salary slot to that position until we get a legit starter.
MinotauroBigNog
Junior
And1: 112

Post#82 » by MinotauroBigNog » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
MinotauroBigNog wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
I never said i didn't want to give up a 2nd rounder, i said "combo" of second rounders doesn't make sense. and typically when teams are trying to shed contracts, they typically include incentive. especially if its for anon guaranteed contracts so while buying out barea may make more sense, its still money lost to the organization, so business wise, that doesn't make sense. (keep in mind i am a pistons fan and ignorant as to Minny's FO's history in these type of decisions. )

Lastly the trade proposal was obviously lopsided , and was meant as a joke because i really like lavine's potential. Obviously Minny doesn't do that trade

I gotcha, and I agree but we ended up selling 2 second round picks in the last draft for this reason alone (to get rid of unwanted contracts). But another poster mentioned you are cutting the roster down to 15 as well so I figure there wont be anything to come of it unless you FO really wants 3 point shooting wing.

Buds value is extremely low right now because of injuries, but if he does get healthy anyone who has him will get their $$$'s worth (at least with the new tv deal).

I figured it was a joke, but you can never be too careful with Real GM posters :wink:

On another note, how interested are you in Barea? :D

lol, honestly if we didn't have a Augustine, we'd love to grab him. Unfortunately we do and we love what he has brought so far(its only preseason). We do need however a athletic SF that can shoot the 3 and defend. I know Chase can shoot and is athletic, my question would be his D. As far as his health, i think he'd be worth the risk and i definitely think he can be well worth above his salary.

i am surprised that Barea is on the block or that you would put him on the block. Isn't he a good back up pg, and who would replace him?

Well Chase is an adequate defender, but once again with the injuries, who knows what has really changed?

Last year Adelman played Barea way more than he should have and in the wrong situations which made Barea look pretty bad. Plus we have Mo williams and LaVine (who will play some 1 and 2)
Pride Never Die
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#83 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
I'm not saying that he isn't trolling. .

thats all you had to say
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,668

Post#84 » by Invictus88 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:25 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:
I'm not saying that he isn't trolling. .

thats all you had to say

Out of everything that I wrote you choose to completely ignore the discussion and select a sentence fragment out of context to comment on?

Gutless.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#85 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:32 am

Invictus88 wrote:

Out of everything that I wrote you choose to completely ignore the discussion and select a sentence fragment out of context to comment on?

Gutless.

because you contradict yourself and ignore facts. First your arguing that he isn't trolling just sharing his opinion, and then you state, your not saying he's not trolling. You know that's a trolling statement, i don't even think that's debatable. If a outside posters goign to troll, then don't expect the welcome matt. Now lets get back to Chase, as we are derailing the thread, and doesn't seem like the trolls around anymore.
Invictus88
Analyst

Post#86 » by Invictus88 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:39 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:

Gutless.

because you contradict yourself and ignore facts. First your arguing that he isn't trolling just sharing his opinion, and then you state, your not saying he's not trolling. You know that's a trolling statement, i don't even think that's debatable. If a outside posters goign to troll, then don't expect the welcome matt. Now lets get back to Chase, as we are derailing the thread, and doesn't seem like the trolls around anymore.

I make no definitive assertion anywhere that he was or was not trolling. Read my posts again.

His points were never refuted by you with any sort of evidence to the contrary. However, you condemned him for making statements without evidence.

Your actions are those of a hypocrite, plain and simple.

When I originally read his post and then your response I was like: WTF? It was a reasonable opinion to have and you just jumped all over the guy.

How on earth are people supposed to have discussions on forums like these if that's the type of reaction that people are going to have?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,734

Post#87 » by Snakebites » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:43 am

Ugh, come on guys. This is an argument about nothing.

Don't make me moderate, please.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#88 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:48 am

Invictus88 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:

Gutless.

I make no definitive assertion anywhere that he was or was not trolling. Read my posts again.

you clearly contradict yourself, and by not making any definitive assertions just goes to show your not sure.

How on earth are people supposed to have discussions on forums like these if that's the type of reaction that people are going to have?

considering that there's clearly healthy discussion outside of that troll, that would be your answer.

im done discussing this with you invictus, you want to be stubborn , that's fine. Facts don't lie. This thread is about Chase, not some troll.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#89 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:49 am

Snakebites wrote:Ugh, come on guys. This is an argument about nothing.

i've said my peace Snake, no more from me regarding the issue.

In other news, DBB posted a article about possible trade scenarios for Chase, and with Bynum gone, doesn't seem like there's much chance it happens.
Invictus88
Analyst

Post#90 » by Invictus88 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:55 am

Snakebites wrote:Ugh, come on guys. This is an argument about nothing.

Can I send you a PM Snakebites? You don't seem to have that option enabled for some reason.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#91 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:06 am

Invictus88
Analyst

Post#92 » by Invictus88 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:10 am

I have to take off and unfortunately I haven't gotten a response from Snakebites regarding my request to send PMs. He has them disabled otherwise I would have just messaged him there and left this off the thread.

It's very convenient to attempt to close off an argument by declaring it over and ensuring you have the final say. However just as you have declared your last word of this issue in the essence of fairness I would like to declare mine.

I am not a fan of bullying in any way, shape, or form. That's what I saw when I opened up this thread earlier today.

I saw someone decide to share their opinion on the forum and then get absolutely wrecked by another poster. The kick was that the poster doing the bullying was committing the same act that he was slamming the victim for.

I saw this and felt a need to take action. Opinions of any shape or form should be valid here. I am a firm believer of this. Attempts to suppress opinions which follow forum rules should be decisively opposed. We don't need or want censorship here.

Blackbird, You can make assertions all you want about me contradicting myself but they simply aren't true. They are an indictment of a lack of reading comprehension. That's all.

Mods, feel free to delete this post as you see fit but I wouldn't in good conscience be able to walk away from this. Keep in mind I attempted to take this to outside channels but was not able to because PM functionality to Snakebites was disabled.

That is my last word on this subject.

Good night all.
TurboTitan
Starter
And1: 1,936

Post#93 » by TurboTitan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:33 am

Didn't we draft him?
“We don't see ourselves as All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.” ~SHEED
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#94 » by MotownMadness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:38 am

Invictus88 wrote:I have to take off and unfortunately I haven't gotten a response from Snakebites regarding my request to send PMs. He has them disabled otherwise I would have just messaged him there and left this off the thread.

It's very convenient to attempt to close off an argument by declaring it over and ensuring you have the final say. However just as you have declared your last word of this issue in the essence of fairness I would like to declare mine.

I am not a fan of bullying in any way, shape, or form. That's what I saw when I opened up this thread earlier today.

I saw someone decide to share their opinion on the forum and then get absolutely wrecked by another poster. The kick was that the poster doing the bullying was committing the same act that he was slamming the victim for.

I saw this and felt a need to take action. Opinions of any shape or form should be valid here. I am a firm believer of this. Attempts to suppress opinions which follow forum rules should be decisively opposed. We don't need or want censorship here.

Blackbird, You can make assertions all you want about me contradicting myself but they simply aren't true. They are an indictment of a lack of reading comprehension. That's all.

Mods, feel free to delete this post as you see fit but I wouldn't in good conscience be able to walk away from this. Keep in mind I attempted to take this to outside channels but was not able to because PM functionality to Snakebites was disabled.

Good night all.

Cant let a couple douche bags on the internet bother you man. Guarantee half of them are still living with mommy and daddy.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,879

Post#95 » by tmorgan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:51 am

Fischella annoys me greatly. I don't need someone from the Mavs board telling me my team isn't any good... when I already know it. If there was any substance to his posts except constant negativity about my home team, it wouldn't bother me.

That said, my EXTREMELY irritated post from earlier was over the top. I'd delete it, but I'd rather own up to it instead. I have him blocked already, so I just need to stop clicking those posts when I'm bored.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,734

Post#96 » by Snakebites » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Invictus88 wrote:I have to take off and unfortunately I haven't gotten a response from Snakebites regarding my request to send PMs. He has them disabled otherwise I would have just messaged him there and left this off the thread.

Good night all.

I DID get your PM. According to the time logs it came in about 20 minutes before your post. I simply don't check this forum every 5 minutes to see if anyone has messaged me or quoted one of my posts. I've got, ya know, a life, a job, all that good stuff. Moderating is not a paid position and your expectations for speed of service are flagrantly absurd. I was at work, visiting a family member at the hospital, and doing other things last night. My initial post in the thread came during a very brief island of activity.

I'm flabbergasted that you only waited 20 MINUTES for a response before deciding to air all of your dirty laundry in public. Since you have done so, I see no reason to make the rest of this exchange private.

I have no idea what you're talking about with my PM option disabled. I don't even have the ability to do that, and I received your PMs and responded as soon as I saw them. You simply didn't wait, and instead chose to violate the TOS in multiple different ways with your above post (which for the record would have been completely unacceptable even if your allegations of my disabling my PMs were true).

To ALL members involved in this discussion, the expectations here are very simple:

-Disagreements are allowed. In fact, they make our forum healthier. They need to be handled in a civil manner, and if you find yourself not capable of doing that, then don't take part in serious discussions.

-If you feel you're being treated unfairly, go ahead and PM a moderator and WAIT for them to respond. Do not attempt to handle things on your own or publicly.

-I noticed that these expectations were not being met and I thought a blanket statement to all involved asking you guys to knock it off would be enough. Clearly I was wrong.

Invictus, consider this an official warning. There's absolutely no need for you to play the role of Batman on this forum. Ask a mod to look into it then leave it at that. And waiting longer than 20 minutes before deciding the unpaid mod is taking too long isn't a great idea either.

Blkbird, you too. Might as well throw tmorgan in there too. I like that he owned up to it but he added a lot of fuel to this fire. ALL of you should have taken any issues you had with Fischella or those responding to him with the MODERATORS rather than getting into a heated and off topic debate about whether or not he was trolling.

Fischella has crossed the line before, but I frankly don't really take particular issue with what he said in this instance. But hey, if you really can't stand to read his posts, just do what tmorgan did. IGNORE him.

I'd like to lock this thread, but it does cover a relevant topic. Any discussion that even remotely leaves this topic will result in this thread being locked.
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Post#97 » by Phenomenonsense » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Snake givin out that D lmao.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,742

Post#98 » by theBigLip » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Well put Snakebites.

One last add on that - when you disagree with someone, disagree with their content of the post and don't attack them personally. It doesn't enlighten anyone on the topic being discussed.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#99 » by Kilo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Encourage Fischella to opine about how sucky the Celtics are over at the Celts board.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
uncleoswald
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#100 » by uncleoswald » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:08 pm

MinotauroBigNog wrote:Wolves fan checking in, we are trying to cut our roster down to 15, and trading Chase is a MUCH easier task than trading Barea. So basically we wouldn't ask for any players in return unless it was a 2 for 1 (us trading 2). So I imagine the trade would be some combo of second rounders or something if it is just him straight up.

if the two were to trade, say, jerebko for budinger, the wolves could then drop robbie hummel, right?

Return to Detroit Pistons