ImageImageImage

Piston near trade to send Bynum to Boston for Joel Anthony?

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Re: Piston near trade to send Bynum to Boston for Joel Antho 

Post#61 » by shrink » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:09 pm

FWIW, MIN ESPN correspondent Darren Wolfson tweets that the Pistons are a likely landing spot for Chase Budinger.

Anthony makes enough for a 1-for-1 swap... Bynum did not.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#62 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:11 pm

shrink wrote:FWIW, MIN ESPN correspondent Darren Wolfson tweets that the Pistons are a likely landing spot for Chase Budinger.

That would have to be a 3 way trade, but being Anthony was already traded to the Pistons, he cannot be traded again for something like 30 days. So, it has to be someone else like Jerebko, Gray or Butler or something.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
shrink
RealGM

Post#63 » by shrink » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:12 pm

He could be traded individually. The time delay only matters if there are more than one salary, and they are added together to salary match.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#64 » by Kilo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:32 pm

We're not trading Anthony - he's already been told why he's here and what Stan wants/expects from him etc. You don't do that to a player you're looking to flip.

If we're still a landing spot for Budinger it will be a similar type deal where we trade a cheaper player we'd be cutting for Bud, either Mitchell or Datome. Minnesota could then cut that player, similar to Boston cutting Bynum rather than cutting Anthony.

Actually it might have to be both given we only have $2M left under the cap. Would still save Minnesota $2M this season and $5M next season.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#65 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:36 pm

shrink wrote:FWIW, MIN ESPN correspondent Darren Wolfson tweets that the Pistons are a likely landing spot for Chase Budinger.

Good stuff, I like Budinger. More athleticism and 3pt shooting.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#66 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Kilo wrote:We're not trading Anthony - he's already been told why he's here and what Stan wants/expects from him etc. You don't do that to a player you're looking to flip.

If we're still a landing spot for Budinger it will be a similar type deal where we trade a cheaper player we'd be cutting for Bud, either Mitchell or Datome. Minnesota could then cut that player, similar to Boston cutting Bynum rather than cutting Anthony.

Actually it might have to be both given we only have $2M left under the cap. Would still save Minnesota $2M this season and $5M next season.

I would expect Mitchell and Datome to get Budinger.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
shrink
RealGM

Post#67 » by shrink » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:09 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Kilo wrote:We're not trading Anthony - he's already been told why he's here and what Stan wants/expects from him etc. You don't do that to a player you're looking to flip.

I would expect Mitchell and Datome to get Budinger.

That might make some sense, but I hope there is a third team involved.

Waiving Mitchell and Datome guarantees that the Wolves get zero production for $2.6, so worth a negative $2.6 mil. Budinger gets paid $5 mil this year, and has a $5 mil player option next year. Would he provide $7.4 mil in production over two years? I know some are down on Budnger, but I think that's a good bet for DET.

The only problem is that while there is value to Glen Taylor to not write checks and save some money, it doesn't help the team that much. MIN will not be below the cap this year or next, and has no problems with the lux either. It would improve a deal if Mitchell and Datome could be sent to a team that could get more value out of the reduced payroll, and MIN could take on an unproductive two year deal from the third team, for some future incentive.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#68 » by Kilo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Minnesota needs to open up a roster spot, so they're looking for nothing in return (ie a draft pick) or lesser salary in return they'd then cut.

If Bud is healthy, I think he opts out anyways after this season. And we really only NEED him for the first month and a half until Meeks comes back - so afterwards his usage would plummet and he'd have less opportunity to get injured.

Mitchell makes $816,000, Datome is at $1,750,000 and we have $2M under the cap for a total of $4.566M, Budinger makes $5M this season, I don't know if we're close enough to where the trade could even happen. We really don't have anybody else to add in either.
Weaver = Hinkie
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#69 » by sfballa13 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Kilo wrote:Minnesota needs to open up a roster spot, so they're looking for nothing in return (ie a draft pick) or lesser salary in return they'd then cut.

If Bud is healthy, I think he opts out anyways after this season. And we really only NEED him for the first month and a half until Meeks comes back - so afterwards his usage would plummet and he'd have less opportunity to get injured.

Mitchell makes $816,000, Datome is at $1,750,000 and we have $2M under the cap for a total of $4.566M, Budinger makes $5M this season, I don't know if we're close enough to where the trade could even happen. We really don't have anybody else to add in either.

If we trade Datome and Gray to Minnesota and they waive both players they still save 2M this year even after paying both years of Gray's contract and Datome's, not to mention the 5M saved next year if Chase had opted in. That is a total 7M saved and it would be in Minnesota's best interest to make this trade.

Gray lost his spot to Anthony and it's not like we need a 3rd big we have Monroe and Jerebko after all
Kilo
RealGM

Post#70 » by Kilo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 pm

^Gray can't be traded given he just signed with us this off-season, until the middle of December.
Weaver = Hinkie

Return to Detroit Pistons