G11 ~ Magic (4-7) @ Pistons (3-7) ~ 7:30 PM EST

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: G11 ~ Magic (4-7) @ Pistons (3-7) ~ 7:30 PM EST 

Post#201 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Spider156 wrote:
aad wrote:The next three game against phx atlanta and at the bucks is also losses

3-11 will be our record by the end of the week

It's not worth it to look at our schedule. We play at the same level of our opponent. We're a BAD team. It doesn't matter who we play against. We just suck. We need a roster change. We'll stay the way we are if we don't make a trade. That's it

Bingo.
Jennings and Smith are not coachable. They're going to play the way they want to play, period. Throw on top of that a shooting guard who can't really shoot that well, a raw center who isn't showing much improvement, a power forward who can score but doesn't care for defense much and doesn't want to be here, and the conclusion is undeniable:

THIS TEAM IS ****ED.
Blomberg
Junior
And1: 265

Post#202 » by Blomberg » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:12 pm

This game was a step back from last 4 games which were all ok. It`s disappointing to see a loss at home to a team that should be about our level. Orlando impressed me though with their ball movement, and Vuvecic is really developing to be one of the top offensive centers in the league.

Jennings bounced back to have a solid game and it was also great to see Drummond with a few highlight plays, I think that`s exactly what he needs to get his confidence back.

I didn`t like Smiths defensive play at all. He left Harris free a few times and he got his groove going for the rest of the night. I have to say Smith plays way too much at the moment: Maybe Stan is really showcasing him?

On to the next! I hope we play like we played against Grizzlies on the next game against the Suns.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#203 » by ImHeisenberg » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Manocad wrote:
Spider156 wrote:
aad wrote:The next three game against phx atlanta and at the bucks is also losses

It's not worth it to look at our schedule. We play at the same level of our opponent. We're a BAD team. It doesn't matter who we play against. We just suck. We need a roster change. We'll stay the way we are if we don't make a trade. That's it

Bingo.
Jennings and Smith are not coachable. They're going to play the way they want to play, period. Throw on top of that a shooting guard who can't really shoot that well, a raw center who isn't showing much improvement, a power forward who can score but doesn't care for defense much and doesn't want to be here, and the conclusion is undeniable:

THIS TEAM IS ****ED.

Yeah, basically.

We need an elite PG. The league has so many great point guards that having a subpar starting PG is an immediate handicap. Jennings has played better under SVG, I recognize that, but he's not even halfway consistent enough to be our go-to PG.

We need some creators/scorers on the wing as well. This is another area where this team is just awful.

I also believe the expectations for Drummond need to be reeled back. I think his ceiling is somewhere in the Tyson Chandler stratosphere. A better rebounder, worse free throw shooter, and can block a couple shots a game. I think 3-4 years down the road he can be a defensive anchor. Offensively? I think Drummond's a lost hope.

But yeah, this team really needs to shed their bad contracts and bad players and get fitting pieces that actually play at their pay grade.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#204 » by ImHeisenberg » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:17 pm

gusman wrote:
russkopp wrote:Almost every issue we have leads back to Dumars' junk roster. It may be a year or two before we can actually measure the SVG effect.

Who do you think is junk?

How about we make a list of who isn't "junk". It would save a lot of time.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#205 » by DBC10 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:20 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Spider156 wrote:It's not worth it to look at our schedule. We play at the same level of our opponent. We're a BAD team. It doesn't matter who we play against. We just suck. We need a roster change. We'll stay the way we are if we don't make a trade. That's it

Bingo.

THIS TEAM IS ****ED.

Yeah, basically.

We need an elite PG. The league has so many great point guards that having a subpar starting PG is an immediate handicap. Jennings has played better under SVG, I recognize that, but he's not even halfway consistent enough to be our go-to PG.

We need some creators/scorers on the wing as well. This is another area where this team is just awful.

I also believe the expectations for Drummond need to be reeled back. I think his ceiling is somewhere in the Tyson Chandler stratosphere. A better rebounder, worse free throw shooter, and can block a couple shots a game. I think 3-4 years down the road he can be a defensive anchor. Offensively? I think Drummond's a lost hope.

But yeah, this team really needs to shed their bad contracts and bad players and get fitting pieces that actually play at their pay grade.

I wish Dre was Tyson right now. Tyson was a beast during his first run as a Mav and some NY days when he won DPOY. His PnRs with Lin during Linsanity and defense were some of the best things to watch.

And to that point, I agree wholeheartedly. We need a willing PnR maestro and elite PG. Everything starts with that good pick action. In a way, I miss Bynum and his PnRs with Dre, they looked so natural.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,373

Post#206 » by Billl » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Manocad wrote:
Spider156 wrote:

Bingo.

THIS TEAM IS ****ED.

I think it's fair to say smith isn't coachable, but Jennings has certainly shown he is open to coaching. He totally bought into Cheeks and he's clearly getting the message from SVG after a bumpy start. That doesn't mean he's every going to be a great pg or anything, but he's willing to do what the coach asks.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#207 » by whitehops » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 pm

dVs33 wrote:the pistons at the rim efficiency has to be the worst in the league. it's so bad.

as of now the pistons shoot 4th worst from 0-3 feet at .582 (league average is .632) and 6th worst from 3-10 feet at .315 (league average is .374).

so yeah, pretty bad. I think the paint being clogged all the time is a big factor, it makes it a lot more difficult to make contested shots even when you're that close.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#208 » by Spider156 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Billl wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Spider156 wrote:It's not worth it to look at our schedule. We play at the same level of our opponent. We're a BAD team. It doesn't matter who we play against. We just suck. We need a roster change. We'll stay the way we are if we don't make a trade. That's it

Bingo.

THIS TEAM IS ****ED.

I think it's fair to say smith isn't coachable, but Jennings has certainly shown he is open to coaching. He totally bought into Cheeks and he's clearly getting the message from SVG after a bumpy start. That doesn't mean he's every going to be a great pg or anything, but he's willing to do what the coach asks.

Agreed. Take a look at Jennings numbers. 45% FG and 43% 3pt. That's really good and a whole lot better than what I saw last season. On the other hand, Smith got worse. Smith is the cancer on this team and SVG should know that before this team collapses like how it did last year. I think we're going to see a trade happening soon. If we don't, like I said, we're staying the way we are. There's absolutely NO internal development as long as Smith is on this roster.
Defense wins championships
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#209 » by mercury » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:29 am

whitehops wrote:
dVs33 wrote:the pistons at the rim efficiency has to be the worst in the league. it's so bad.

as of now the pistons shoot 4th worst from 0-3 feet at .582 (league average is .632) and 6th worst from 3-10 feet at .315 (league average is .374).

so yeah, pretty bad. I think the paint being clogged all the time is a big factor, it makes it a lot more difficult to make contested shots even when you're that close.

Real talk
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#210 » by Double Helix » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 am

Josh Smith didn't get hurt or anything, did he? Noticed lower minutes tonight and he wasn't in serious foul trouble. Were others just making better use of the minutes tonight and SVG just rode the backs of the players playing best?
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#211 » by Han Solo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:19 am

Double Helix wrote:Josh Smith didn't get hurt or anything, did he? Noticed lower minutes tonight and he wasn't in serious foul trouble. Were others just making better use of the minutes tonight and SVG just rode the backs of the players playing best?

He's terrible and coach is starting to realize Jerebko is better.

Return to Detroit Pistons