ImageImageImage

G12 ~ Suns (6-5) @ Pistons (3-8) ~ 7:30 PM EST

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

BigFatBob
Banned User
And1: 341

Re: G12 ~ Suns (6-5) @ Pistons (3-8) ~ 7:30 PM EST 

Post#201 » by BigFatBob » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:26 pm

vic wrote:aT LEAST svG CAN'T SAY HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO ON HIS ROSTER CAN PLAY BASKETBALL NOW.

MORE MINUTES FOR JEREBKO, LESS FOR JOSH SMITH, MORE FOR MONROE, AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO TRY TO WIN THE GAME.

You forgot the green font or maybe I didn't catch the sarcasm
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#202 » by Ghost » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:40 pm

BigFatBob wrote:
vic wrote:aT LEAST svG CAN'T SAY HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO ON HIS ROSTER CAN PLAY BASKETBALL NOW.

MORE MINUTES FOR JEREBKO, LESS FOR JOSH SMITH, MORE FOR MONROE, AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO TRY TO WIN THE GAME.

You forgot the green font or maybe I didn't catch the sarcasm

No, he's actually serious :D
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#203 » by detroitKG » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Ghost wrote:
Fittingly for a game played on the 10th anniversary of the Ron Artest riot, the night ended with a weird bit of trash talking. Morris, who had gotten into a minor shoving match with Caldwell-Pope in the first half that resulted in a double technical, said he and his teammates knew the game was over when they saw who was taking Detroit's last shot.

"Caldwell-Pope got the ball, and we know he doesn't have any heart, so we knew he was going to miss it."

Lol ok keef, just stop..

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#204 » by Ghost » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:24 pm

sfballa13 wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:My gut tells me it sucks that after all these years in the lottery we still haven't gotten over the hump and still always manage to lose close games. On the other hand I'm glad we made a comeback and kept it close. Either way it's depressing though.

6-7 years in the lottery and all we have to show for it is:
- Drummond
- Monroe (who is leaving)
- KCP (who is garbage until he shows otherwise)
- Jennings / Smith on overpaid contracts

How can anyone defend Dumars' moves? He literally fcuked this franchise for a solid 10 years

See, I can't believe **** like this. It has been 5 years in the lottery. We haven't bottomed out, they have all been "meh" picks in terms of selecting spot and we have got very lucky with who we were able to get. Dumars' actually did a great job picking. Yeah, in some cases there were even better players selected later, but look who was selected before.

2010= Greg Monroe (7)
Evan Turner #2, Derrick Favors #3, Wesley Johnson #4, Ekpe Udoh #6....

2011=Brandon Knight (8)-> Brandon Jennings
Derrick Williams #2, #Tristan Thompson #4, Jan Vesley #6, Bismack Biyombo #7...

2012=Andre Drummond (9)
Dion Waiters #4, Thomas Robinson #5, Harrison Barnes #7, Terrance Ross #8...

2013=Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (8)
2014=No pick

I also don't get the hate on Brandon Jennings now. Knight was brutal to watch and not a real point guard. Even though Jennings had been **** his whole career basically, since playing with Cheek and SVG he has been able to do a great job distributing the ball and acting more like a point guard. I don't see what the problem is, as long as he is able to keep his shot attempts down and continue to pass the ball well...

What would you think if we pulled a 76ers and drafted Evan Turner, Derrick Williams, and Dion Waiters. Where would we be on the **** scale then? Plus, with all the hate that he got for signing Smith ... you guys just got to let it go. He was pushed into a corner where he was being forced to make the playoffs or get fired, and he took a big swing. Yeah, it hasn't **** worked out. What was he suppose to do? Just accept that he was getting fired and not do anything? I'm 100% positive, if any of us were put in that type of position, we would go for the HR to save our job...

Even after all the "awful moves", we are a legit shot creating wing player away from being a respectable team. If we had jumped up in the lottery like the Cavs did and got Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker, we would be in such a different place right now. Let's hope that SVG can find that wing player in the draft regardless of where we select this year, or acquire an underrated player through a trade.

Return to Detroit Pistons