Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,546

Re: Whats yall think of KCP 

Post#41 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
fekz wrote:same people bagging on kcp are the same people who bagged on knight, then bitched now that he's balling in Milwaukee. LET PLAYERS DEVELOP

It's just cognitive dissonance.

People actually joked that KCP couldn't play in the league and had a hard-on for the future poor man's Jameer Nelson in Burke.

Burke has been better to date.

Better at what exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Finn McCool
Senior
And1: 270

Post#42 » by Finn McCool » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:55 pm

I like KCP... but I think he's streaky. I don't think he's as good of a defender as some people might think. I like his hustle and effort very much, however. I believe he'll eventually be Meeks back-up as long as Jodie remains healthy.

I hope he continues to improve. As of right now, I'd still consider him a 'potential' building block.
dan2314
Starter
And1: 245

Post#43 » by dan2314 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:30 am

He's awesome. He is not a number 1 offensive option but he is a perfect role playing starting shooting guard providing he is the 3rd or 4th offensive option. Let him be a catch and shoot guy, hopefully off screens, but focus primarily on defense and getting easy buckets using his insane speed in transition.
If he is playing next to a #1 option shot creating SF, and a big guy who can post up (still hope that's monroe alongside dre), he would be be a terrific fit on a really good team as his strengths would be a perfect compliment to how i would build a team atleast.
pistontr
Analyst
And1: 275

Post#44 » by pistontr » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:05 pm

"They have a terrific young center (Drummond), their power forward's a center (Monroe), their small forward's a power forward (Smith), their shooting guard's a scorer that doesn't make plays for others (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope), and I think they've got a young point guard (Brandon Jennings) that, when Scott (Skiles) coached him (in Milwaukee), he did a lot of good things," Brown said. "I don't think it's a fit right now. But he'll get it done. He's a great coach."
Sorry for my poor english
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#45 » by Lucidity » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:58 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
It's just cognitive dissonance.

People actually joked that KCP couldn't play in the league and had a hard-on for the future poor man's Jameer Nelson in Burke.

Burke has been better to date.

Better at what exactly.

Doesn't even matter, Burke has done the same for his team that KCP has done for his, next to nothing. Irrelevant discussion.

ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,546

Post#46 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:05 am

Burke is shooting 36% and plays no D. He's probably been the weakest player in the top 15.

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#47 » by DBC10 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:11 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:Burke is shooting 36% and plays no D. He's probably been the weakest player in the top 15.

Like I said, Jameer Nelson. If that.
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Post#48 » by Phenomenonsense » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:48 am

DBC10 wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Burke is shooting 36% and plays no D. He's probably been the weakest player in the top 15.

God I hate Jameer Nelson. I was sniffin the Kool-aid until someone made that connection and then I wanted nothing to do with Burke. I didn't know who I would pick, but I liked MCW and I thought Giannis could be a good project in a weak draft.
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#49 » by Redeemed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:06 am

Van Gundy said. "He's got no fear in the fourth quarter, and I thought defensively he was doing a good job."

I like KCP. The kid is tough. He's got a edge and aggressiveness to his game. There's lack of consistency with his shot, but he makes up for that in sheer effort.
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#50 » by Redeemed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:08 am

DBC10 wrote:

That's funny. I think Burke is sort of a hybrid between Jameer and DJ Augustin.
KCP5
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#51 » by KCP5 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:24 am

Is it just me or has KCPs defense not been as good this year whether its due to him playing larger minutes and having an increased role in the offense im not sure but last year he seemed like a tenacious defender that was extremely hard to get by. This year it seems like opposing players are blowing right by him. Its been abit dissapointing as i loved watching him shutting down opposing scorers on the wing.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#52 » by DBC10 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:37 pm

KCP5 wrote:Is it just me or has KCPs defense not been as good this year whether its due to him playing larger minutes and having an increased role in the offense im not sure but last year he seemed like a tenacious defender that was extremely hard to get by. This year it seems like opposing players are blowing right by him. Its been abit dissapointing as i loved watching him shutting down opposing scorers on the wing.

He's still our overall best perimeter defender, though that's not saying much since everyone is underperforming this year.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#53 » by rmfc » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:38 pm

KCP5 wrote:Is it just me or has KCPs defense not been as good this year whether its due to him playing larger minutes and having an increased role in the offense im not sure but last year he seemed like a tenacious defender that was extremely hard to get by. This year it seems like opposing players are blowing right by him. Its been abit dissapointing as i loved watching him shutting down opposing scorers on the wing.

You are not alone. It doesn't seem like KCP is focusing on defense as much as he did last season.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#54 » by MotownMadness » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 pm

As of right now he sucks. He could be a really good player though if that shot would just get consistent. Wouldn't move him at all during his rookie contract just in case he does figure it out.
aad
Starter
And1: 460

Post#55 » by aad » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Hes still putting up 12ppg so for the people keep saying hes sucks I hope he gets traded so he can blow up like knight affalo and amir this fan base is the worst

It took derozan 4 seasons it took affalo 4 sesons it took knight 4 seasons
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#56 » by ImHeisenberg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:30 pm

aad wrote:Hes still putting up 12ppg so for the people keep saying hes sucks I hope he gets traded so he can blow up like knight affalo and amir this fan base is the worst

As much as I like to tease, you're right. KCP needs more time before people can make a real judgment.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#57 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:10 am

aad wrote:Hes still putting up 12ppg so for the people keep saying hes sucks I hope he gets traded so he can blow up like knight affalo and amir this fan base is the worst

i would have to agree with you aad. Ppl expecting players to be nba ready half way through a second season is just reaching. Rarely do players show that kind of development, and just because they don't, does not mean they aren't developing. Curiously the one thing that all those players you listed have in common is that they are reported gym rats with tremendous athleticism. Much like KCP
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#58 » by rmfc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:35 pm

There is a reason players drop out of top 5 in the draft. Like others already mentioned, it's going to take a while for some of these players to develop and get used to the rigors of the NBA. I dislike the inconsistency but I would not make the mistake of giving up too early on some of these raw young players. KCP is going to look a lot better alongside a competent PG and a proper SF. All he needs to do is keep working on his J, handle and his perimeter D.
uncleoswald
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#59 » by uncleoswald » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:07 pm

i don't know what anybody sees in KCP. and knight is no stud, either.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,370

Post#60 » by Billl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:21 pm

??? Derozan averaged 17 ppg in his second year. Knight made is jump to 18 ppg in year 3.

KCP will get a chance to develop, but most really good players are really good very early in the careers. The general expectation is that guys take a big step forward in year 2. KCP got yanked around last year, so he's probably behind that curve.

Return to Detroit Pistons