ImageImageImage

KINGS FIRE COACH!!

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

captainrebel
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

KINGS FIRE COACH!! 

Post#1 » by captainrebel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Sacramento Kings has fired Coach Malone. Wow! I now wonder how this move will affect any possibilities of Detroit and Sacramento being trade partners on the Josh Smith issue. If the Kings are going into tank mode then there is no need to make any substantial trades unless something comes up to blow their minds. I don't thing Josh Smith is going to do that unless a first rounder is included.
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Re: KINGS FIRE COACH!! 

Post#2 » by bballnmike » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Apparently their coach was the one who did not want to do the trade, but management tried anyways. If anything, this could help. Definitely don't think they're going into tank mode since they're still off to a pretty good start despite missing Cousins for a good amount of games.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/544479698924105728[/tweet]
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#3 » by Ghost » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:21 pm

This firing is a total joke, I feel bad for Malone on one hand.. on the other, at least he gets out from under this management. He was over .500 in the West with Cousins... nobody thought they were any good. Cousins gets sick and the team tanks like *WOAH YOU DON'T SAY??* who would have imagined losing your best player, a top-tier big man, would hurt your ability to win games? Iirc Malone was huge in SG under Jackson, he was always the one drawing up plays. :?

I hope they call and offer again. Taking back Williams or Landry/Thompson now for Smith would be good for both teams. It's a loss for us in terms of talent, but it's a gain in fit/could save Monroe (this doesnt improve us enough to kill our tank either) and we get out of the contract a bit earlier... so SVG can use the money better for depth/maybe a stater (or just put it on Monroe).
Plus, with the Kings, they get someone to try to help hold down the fort till Cousins gets back and then when he does, he becomes the 3rd/4th wheel.. rebound/playmake/play defense/get some post ups. I think he would fit nicely there and they are not giving anything up really..
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#4 » by ImHeisenberg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Malone is a solid coach and will land on his feet.

This is a loss for Sacramento.
engelbert321
Head Coach
And1: 1,369

Post#5 » by engelbert321 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Guys, Malone was against trading for Smith. Maybe they'll trade for him now! LOLOL
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#6 » by princeofpalace » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:14 pm

I wish SVG would swallow his pride and trade Smith for the Kings expiring contracts. I hate that he didn't pull the trigger this offseason
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#7 » by mattao313 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:26 pm

princeofpalace wrote:I wish SVG would swallow his pride and trade Smith for the Kings expiring contracts. I hate that he didn't pull the trigger this offseason

Me too but for some reason he thinks he's worth more. :crazy:
Championships
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#8 » by ImHeisenberg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:31 pm

mattao313 wrote:
princeofpalace wrote:I wish SVG would swallow his pride and trade Smith for the Kings expiring contracts. I hate that he didn't pull the trigger this offseason

He foolishly believed he could turn Josh Smith into a valuable player. His "best" game of the season was against Sacramento, and he still have 7 turnovers.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#9 » by DBC10 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:27 pm

mattao313 wrote:

Part of me believes that SVG truly believes in the Smith reclamation project. The guy isn't a fit here at all, his talent is used far better with a stretch 5 like Boogie. It's a shame.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#10 » by princeofpalace » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:30 pm

DBC10 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:

Part of me believes that SVG truly believes in the Smith reclamation project. The guy isn't a fit here at all, his talent is used far better with a stretch 5 like Boogie. It's a shame.

I think it's clear that SVG believes that Smith is our best player. He wouldn't be leading us in minutes and shot attempts if he didn't.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#11 » by mattao313 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:44 pm

princeofpalace wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:

I think it's clear that SVG believes that Smith is our best player. He wouldn't be leading us in minutes and shot attempts if he didn't.

Us Piston fan might disagree about a lot of things but we all agree that Josh is terrible for this team. I have no idea how the coach doesn't see this I'm hoping for a trade very soon.
Championships
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#12 » by Lucidity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Like I always say, consistently bad teams like Det & Sac stay that way because of reasons like this.

Ridiculous move by Sac.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#13 » by Lucidity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Side note- the worst thing that happen to the Kings was KJ keeping them in Sac. Chris Hansen would have been 30 mill times the owner their current guy is.

hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#14 » by hoophabit » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:19 pm

Are Gores and Ranadive buds or something? We've seen this act before.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#15 » by Kilo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Lucidity wrote:Side note- the worst thing that happen to the Kings was KJ keeping them in Sac. Chris Hansen would have been 30 mill times the owner their current guy is.

Yeah, and it sucks that Ballmer wasn't interested in buying his hometown Pistons.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,053

Post#16 » by MrBigShot » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:47 pm

Wow. I feel bad for Kings fans.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
ChipButty
Senior
And1: 89

Post#17 » by ChipButty » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 pm

I thought the Kings owner was doing a good job and every time I have seem him on TV I thought he seemed like a fairly cool dude. Not sure about this decision, but I don't see how it's the huge deal many are making it out to be. Malone appeared to be doing a decent job, but I think he's replaceable. Anything that increases the chances of a Smith trade is OK by me.
haulerch
Senior
And1: 269

Post#18 » by haulerch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 pm

To me, it's obvious that SVG believes Smith is the Pistons best player. I thinks it's fair to say that he is our ALL AROUND best player. I do believe SVG would move Smith if the price is right but I believe a lot of people on this board are mistaken if they think SVG would take the Kings trash. It's not going to happen.

I'll be surprised if Smith is moved. I just don't think SVG is willing to move him. At his best, he is a stat stuffer. But like SVG said, he is trying to do too much. His 7 turnovers speak more to this teams lack of talent than Smith's shortcomings. Smith is arguably our best playmaker, or second if you argue BJ7 is, and that's sad.

I'm ok with Smith on the team, I just want to see more talent so he can play 4th fiddle instead of top dog.

You can disagree with me, but it's apparent that SVG holds Smith in high regard.
haulerch
Senior
And1: 269

Post#19 » by haulerch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:52 pm

I also want to repeat what's been said. This is a loss for the Sacramento Kings and I feel bad for their fans.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#20 » by Lucidity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Wait, did someone really just say Josh was the Pistons best all around player? Lol

SVG may think that but... Nah, actually SVG can't think, his resume & past success says he can't think that.

Return to Detroit Pistons