ImageImageImage

Our PG , Brandon Jennings

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,071

Re: Our PG , Brandon Jennings 

Post#101 » by MrBigShot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:15 am

sc8581 wrote:Jennings having a stellar game, guess I'm still a troll though huh?

Your original claim was "Whoop de doo he beats up on bad teams and looks like he doesn't belong in the league against good teams, I'm still not impressed." which was addressed with evidence to back it up by fekz.

I wouldn't go so far as to call you a flat out troll, but you have an agenda against certain players, Monroe and Jennings being two of them. Very convenient that you post when they aren't playing well but you're nowhere to be found when they have a great game.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#102 » by sc8581 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:28 am

MrBigShot wrote:
sc8581 wrote:Jennings having a stellar game, guess I'm still a troll though huh?

Your original claim was "Whoop de doo he beats up on bad teams and looks like he doesn't belong in the league against good teams, I'm still not impressed." which was addressed with evidence to back it up by fekz.

I wouldn't go so far as to call you a flat out troll, but you have an agenda against certain players, Monroe and Jennings being two of them. Very convenient that you post when they aren't playing well but you're nowhere to be found when they have a great game.

My original statement wasn't addressed actually, check the numbers for yourself. I'm still around whether they are having good games or not, that's just silly.
Maker_84
Banned User
And1: 220

Post#103 » by Maker_84 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:45 am

He gone
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#104 » by treefi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:04 am

Well, Dinwiddie is going to get consistent minutes for the rest of the year now....
Dutch Michigan
Senior
And1: 116

Post#105 » by Dutch Michigan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:25 am

Achilles? looks like it.

Hurts. A LOT
Fetchez la vache !
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#106 » by hoophabit » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:50 am

Dutch Michigan wrote:Achilles? looks like it.

Hurts. A LOT

Looked like it to me. I did it once and it was the first thing that crossed my mind seeing Jennings go down. Oddly, when I did mine it really wasn't that painful. I guess I was lucky because some others related that for them it was very painful. I remember looking around because at first I thought something had hit me in the back of the leg.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#107 » by Spider156 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:09 am

Looks like achilles is torn. Thing is we don't know how much of it is torn. It's a big muscle that attaches three muscles behind your leg so it's a big deal. If it's fully torn, he's out for the season. If not, then it depends on how big the tear is. At least one month. But with that reaction, it looks like he's done for the season unfortunately.

The bad news is now it's going to be tougher to win games. Jennings has carried us in games that we shouldn't have been in.

The good news is we get to see what Dinwiddie is all about.

Overall it's bad news though. The only thing I'm worried about is if we make the Playoffs or not. If we do, it's not so bad because we weren't going far anyway. But if we don't, this injury will definitely have played a role in that. Players need to step up now.
Defense wins championships
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,051

Post#108 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:33 am

Im truly sorry. There is really nothing else I can say other than that. Guy was playing out of his mind since Smith left. Helps my teams chances of making the playoffs, but Id rather them earn it than this kind of nonsense occur.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#109 » by coordinator0 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:56 am

Spider156 wrote:Looks like achilles is torn. Thing is we don't know how much of it is torn. It's a big muscle that attaches three muscles behind your leg so it's a big deal. If it's fully torn, he's out for the season. If not, then it depends on how big the tear is. At least one month. But with that reaction, it looks like he's done for the season unfortunately.

The bad news is now it's going to be tougher to win games. Jennings has carried us in games that we shouldn't have been in.

The good news is we get to see what Dinwiddie is all about.

Overall it's bad news though. The only thing I'm worried about is if we make the Playoffs or not. If we do, it's not so bad because we weren't going far anyway. But if we don't, this injury will definitely have played a role in that. Players need to step up now.

Even a partial tear would be pretty bad. Terrell Suggs did that a couple years ago right around the time of the NFL draft and didn't make it back to the field until late October. Achilles injuries are probably worse than torn ACLs these days. Just sucks all around.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#110 » by DocRI » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:43 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Im truly sorry. There is really nothing else I can say other than that. Guy was playing out of his mind since Smith left. Helps my teams chances of making the playoffs, but Id rather them earn it than this kind of nonsense occur.

Thank you for the classy post.

Don't have my mind wrapped around this just yet. Just so damn sad to see a 25 year old player really look like he's staring to put it all together and then take an injury like this.

In four letters, F****!!!!!!!!! Have a hole in the pit of my stomach for the Pistons as a team, but even more so for Brandon Jennings. Just a horrible, horrible break.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,797

Post#111 » by jc23 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:44 am

sucks. Hopefully its just a real real bad sprain.
Be curious, Not judgmental
momed11
Junior
And1: 48

Post#112 » by momed11 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:37 am

If the injury is as bad as it looks.... bring in nate robinson? If SVG got Jennings tamed and playing well Nate might be able to get us into the playoffs by sharing minutes with Augustin. Worst case scenario he gets cut or rides the bench and Dinwiddie gets burn.
B_BallReasons
Junior
And1: 161

Post#113 » by B_BallReasons » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:53 am

Isn't SVG high on Augustin? It seemed that way even before the season started. He seems like a decent fit. IMO it's up to him, Meeks, and KCP to step up.
Blomberg
Junior
And1: 265

Post#114 » by Blomberg » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:04 am

Terrible news. We`ve been really bad with Augustin running the point.
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#115 » by mercury » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 am

Mr. Mayor... the speculation is over... let's see what U got
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#116 » by Kilo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:02 pm

I imagine first call will be to Denver to see if Jameer could be had cheaply and second call will be to Otis Smith to get the low down on Lorenzo Brown.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#117 » by RTM » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:43 pm

This is certainly a deflating injury. The team was really fun to watch and playing better than they had in years.

I wonder how much Stan will sniff around for a trade to help keep the ship upright. I would offer Gigi for Jammer Nelson, who has Stan's trust and is familiar with his principles. However, to make that deal work, Detroit would have to add another player. Another possible target is Pablo Prigioni.

Otherwise, we may need to use our spare roster spot to bring in some help.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#118 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:04 pm

hoophabit wrote:

Hurts. A LOT

Looked like it to me. I did it once and it was the first thing that crossed my mind seeing Jennings go down. Oddly, when I did mine it really wasn't that painful. I guess I was lucky because some others related that for them it was very painful. I remember looking around because at first I thought something had hit me in the back of the leg.

Same here. I got mine while grabbing a rebound. A loud pop could be heard throughout the gym and everyone stopped to look at me. I got back up and was able to walk, so I tried to finish the game hoppin mostly. Next day it hurt bad though when I tried to walk on it. I still tried to play in a 3 on 3 tournament 3 weeks later while massively taping it up but I wasn't effective at all as I couldn't run. That is just how much I love playing basketball. Once it was fully diagnosed as a partial tear, I was off the courts for 5 months. I tried jogging 3 months into it and it was still painful. So, he may be out a while.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#119 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:44 pm

RTM wrote:This is certainly a deflating injury. The team was really fun to watch and playing better than they had in years.

I wonder how much Stan will sniff around for a trade to help keep the ship upright. I would offer Gigi for Jammer Nelson, who has Stan's trust and is familiar with his principles. However, to make that deal work, Detroit would have to add another player. Another possible target is Pablo Prigioni.

Otherwise, we may need to use our spare roster spot to bring in some help.

I say we use this opportunity to develop Dinwiddie. I'm personally not interested in acquiring another PG. We still a need a SF and that should be our focus.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#120 » by DBC10 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:01 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
hoophabit wrote:

Hurts. A LOT

Same here. I got mine while grabbing a rebound. A loud pop could be heard throughout the gym and everyone stopped to look at me. I got back up and was able to walk, so I tried to finish the game hoppin mostly. Next day it hurt bad though when I tried to walk on it. I still tried to play in a 3 on 3 tournament 3 weeks later while massively taping it up but I wasn't effective at all as I couldn't run. That is just how much I love playing basketball. Once it was fully diagnosed as a partial tear, I was off the courts for 5 months. I tried jogging 3 months into it and it was still painful. So, he may be out a while.

I heard partial tears are supposed to hurt more. Kobe tore his all the way and he still finished his FTs before limping away without too much grimace.

Regardless, he's out minimum of this season and possibly some into next.

Return to Detroit Pistons