ImageImageImage

Pick who will be signed up to relace B.J.

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: Pick who will be signed up to relace B.J. 

Post#61 » by chrbal » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Nate supposedly is calling teams like the Clippers and Heat to get them to sign him.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#62 » by Kilo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:10 pm

^Nelson signed with Dallas, was traded to Boston(In Rondo deal) and then traded to Denver(for Nate Robinson who Boston than cut).

Gigi, Martin would work salarywise, probably have to include a second though. Not sure Denver is hard up in wanting to keep him BUT I believe he has a PO for next season and might pick it up for familiarity sake with Stan here in Detroit. Don't need four point guards next season, even of three of the four would be expiring.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#63 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Kilo wrote:^Nelson signed with Dallas, was traded to Boston(In Rondo deal) and then traded to Denver(for Nate Robinson who Boston than cut).

Gigi, Martin would work salarywise, probably have to include a second though. Not sure Denver is hard up in wanting to keep him BUT I believe he has a PO for next season and might pick it up for familiarity sake with Stan here in Detroit. Don't need four point guards next season, even of three of the four would be expiring.

True dat. Stan and Meer have a history of which would integrate quickly into the system. Meer is a drive and kickout type of player. He sure does like to take a lot of crazy 3's though, but I reckon we're used to that already.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RexRyan
Rookie
And1: 408

Post#64 » by RexRyan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:24 pm

One small problem - Denver traded for Nelson because they actually want him. They traded Nate's expiring deal to get him with the additional year on his contract.

I still think Lin is the best bet. Something like JJ, GiGi, Martin and a second rounder for him. The pick makes up for Martin's extra year and gives the Lakers incentive to do something. Otherwise they sit until the deadline and we're out by then anyways.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#65 » by theBigLip » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:37 pm

If we're negotiating with Denver, how about Nelson and Chandler both come our way :-) Obviously we have to give up real assets to make that happen, but that would be a nice add.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,503

Post#66 » by whitehops » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:45 pm

instead of trading for a PG I think I'd prefer if we signed someone. we have an extra roster spot so we wouldn't have to cut anyone, and that way Dinwiddie could go back to playing in the D league as he's clearly not ready for nba ball yet.

I don't really see the sense in giving up assets for a PG rental or sacrificing future financial flexibility with whatever PG we might bring in.
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#67 » by treefi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Dinwiddie only played 11 minutes, I'm going to wait until he gets more than a couple short spurts of playing time to decide if we need to make a trade. He did have 2 amazing defensive plays back to back in less than a quarter of playing time.

The one time he got more than 14 minutes, he scored 10 with 4 assists, 0 turnovers... 4/7, 2/4 from 3... (Jennings was out)

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400578508

I agree, let's just sign someone for a depth. A vet or young elite 3-point shooter like Curry, depending on what Dinwiddie shows us in the next week.
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#68 » by treefi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

For example: February of last year Rookie Caldwell-Pope put up this line in 13 games:
10.5mpg, 2.4ppg, 29.7FG%, 22.2% from 3
Kilo
RealGM

Post#69 » by Kilo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:14 pm

No rush to do anything as we have back-to-back Cleveland/Philly on Tues and Wednesday so no practice time anyways. After the Wednesday game though we only have one game - Saturday home against Houston before being off again until Tuesday. So we'd have Thurs, Fri, Sun, Mon as practice days at the Palace before playing Miami at home on Tuesday Feb 3rd.

Basically something just needs to be done by Wednesday to have said player in place for practice on Thurs, Fri, play Sat, practice Sun, Mon stretch.
Weaver = Hinkie
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#70 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:20 pm

I remember when Jameer went out in 2009 and Stan/Otis traded for Rafer Alston for the drive to the Finals. Talk about risking a trade for a few month rental.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
whitehops
General Manager

Post#71 » by whitehops » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:05 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I remember when Jameer went out in 2009 and Stan/Otis traded for Rafer Alston for the drive to the Finals. Talk about risking a trade for a few month rental.

the magic gave up a first round pick for rafer alston.... yeah you read that right.

the magic were 32-10 with nelson and 27-13 without him, that team mainly ran the offense through hedo/Dwight.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#72 » by DetroitSho » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:23 am

whitehops wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I remember when Jameer went out in 2009 and Stan/Otis traded for Rafer Alston for the drive to the Finals. Talk about risking a trade for a few month rental.

the magic gave up a first round pick for rafer alston.... yeah you read that right.

the magic were 32-10 with nelson and 27-13 without him, that team mainly ran the offense through hedo/Dwight.

They went to the finals. So a 1st round pick is almost close to us trading a 2nd.
whitehops
General Manager

Post#73 » by whitehops » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 am

DetroitSho wrote:
whitehops wrote:

They went to the finals. So a 1st round pick is almost close to us trading a 2nd.

yeah it turned out to be the 27th pick (demarre carroll was the pick), I don't have a problem trading a second round pick and someone like datome for a backup PG but I don't think it would be smart to trade any real assets for someone to start over DJ.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#74 » by jakebernat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 am

whitehops wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
whitehops wrote:

yeah it turned out to be the 27th pick (demarre carroll was the pick), I don't have a problem trading a second round pick and someone like datome for a backup PG but I don't think it would be smart to trade any real assets for someone to start over DJ.

Datome and a future protected 2nd for prigioni would be ideal. If we could trade Cartier Martin instead, that'd be even better and a no-brainer imo.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#75 » by chrbal » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:57 am

I could see the knicks do Pablo Prigoni for Cartier Martin. Probably have to cough up a 2nd or something (money). Cartiers contract is very friendly going forward for new york. He could theoretically give them a stretch 4. Its not the worst idea.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#76 » by chrbal » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:12 am

we could always hope phil jackson pisses off Langston Galloway in their contract negotiations. I realize hes only played 8 games, but I think he'll (at the very least) make a top end backup.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#77 » by DetroitSho » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:54 am

chrbal wrote:I could see the knicks do Pablo Prigoni for Cartier Martin. Probably have to cough up a 2nd or something (money). Cartiers contract is very friendly going forward for new york. He could theoretically give them a stretch 4. Its not the worst idea.

Dude is like 6'5. How could he be a stretch 4?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#78 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 pm

chrbal wrote:we could always hope phil jackson pisses off Langston Galloway in their contract negotiations. I realize hes only played 8 games, but I think he'll (at the very least) make a top end backup.

A dirt poor D-Leaguer won't get pissed off at any chance to sign an NBA contract.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#79 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Available various levels of commitment to teams overseas, but the following guys are potential options not currently on NBA teams: Will Bynum, Peyton Siva, Eric Maynor, Jordan Farmar, Marquis Teague.

Teague could be intriguing in that it took a long time for his brother to develop and Marquis was supposed to be a better player. Farmar is best bet if they want a potential playoff contributo
Kilo
RealGM

Post#80 » by Kilo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Well, it won't be Lorenzo Brown as Minnesota will snag him on a 10-day contract.
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m4 minutes ago

Word is Wolves plan to sign Grand Rapids PG Lorenzo Brown to a 10-day deal this week, likely in time for Wednesday's game against Boston
Weaver = Hinkie

Return to Detroit Pistons