ImageImageImage

Detroit vs Cleveland Jan 27th 7:30 NBA TV

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Re: Detroit vs Cleveland Jan 27th 7:30 NBA TV 

Post#281 » by sc8581 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:55 am

Moose and Dre are both under 50% on the year, that's just silly.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#282 » by DetroitSho » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:56 am

mercury wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
mercury wrote:The team loaded with high picks is winning... who'd a thunk it?

Really? Silly me, I thought it was the laughing stock team loaded with high picks that still continued to be a** with those high picks that went and added LeBron James and Kevin Love that was winning.

Thanks for correcting again... cause Lebron & Love were low picks right

Yep, because you weren't referring to the need of this Pistons team needing another high draft pick.
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#283 » by Lucidity » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:57 am

npark28 wrote:Such a disappointing stretch after the last few weeks. It would be nice to find a way to turn it around.

Losing close games to superior teams when we have a lack of talent & injury shouldnt disappoint you, it should give you hope.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#284 » by Moses ShamMoses » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:57 am

npark28 wrote:Such a disappointing stretch after the last few weeks. It would be nice to find a way to turn it around.

Yeah the loss of Jennings really hurt the overall talent level of our team.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#285 » by mattao313 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:59 am

sc8581 wrote:Moose and Dre are both under 50% on the year, that's just silly.

I pointed this out not to long ago and people just said it was no big deal but it truly is no way both our big shoot under 50% when they shoot no jumpers.
Championships
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#286 » by DetroitSho » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:00 am

Lucidity wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
?

That's not why he missed. Being shocked? Lol c'mon man.

The point that us phasing him out on offense wasnt hard to miss.

Additionally, when we ignore the tall, uncoordinated guy in pick up ball all game then I hit him on a drive & dish he's a complete mess. Drummond getting regular touches (doesnt have to be iso post ups where he always looks to score) is the most important aspect of this team right now.

Apples to Oranges. Should he get more touches? Yes. But please let's stop making him out to be the tall uncoordinated guy. By the way, as much as you tout Dre needing touches, maybe you should practice what you preach and stop ignoring dude. Lol
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#287 » by Lucidity » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

The best big man in the game-

Cousins - 57% inside 5 feet, 48% overall

Drummond is at 55% inside 5ft, 49% overall
Monroe is at 54% inside 5ft, 49% overall

You guys overreact too much.
kamal2_espn
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#288 » by kamal2_espn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

mattao313 wrote:

I pointed this out not to long ago and people just said it was no big deal but it truly is no way both our big shoot under 50% when they shoot no jumpers.

Dre has no touch and Moose has no lift and most of his shots are contested.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#289 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:02 am

mattao313 wrote:

They're just not physical enough down there. Drummond especially, he''s got to grow some balls and use his damn size. I'm telling you he's just afraid to go to the line so instead of going up with authority he just rushes everything and throws it up real quick to avoid contact.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#290 » by Lucidity » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:02 am

DetroitSho wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:That's not why he missed. Being shocked? Lol c'mon man.

Additionally, when we ignore the tall, uncoordinated guy in pick up ball all game then I hit him on a drive & dish he's a complete mess. Drummond getting regular touches (doesnt have to be iso post ups where he always looks to score) is the most important aspect of this team right now.

Apples to Oranges. Should he get more touches? Yes. But please let's stop making him out to be the tall uncoordinated guy. By the way, as much as you tout Dre needing touches, maybe you should practice what you preach and stop ignoring dude. Lol

I'm always gonna tout that, Dre becoming a powerhouse on offense is our only shot at being great again. I dont give 2 f%cks about winning or playoffs now. I care about being great again.

& aside from lack of energy & confidence at times, I have no problems with Drummond.
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#291 » by mercury » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 am

DetroitSho wrote:
mercury wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Really? Silly me, I thought it was the laughing stock team loaded with high picks that still continued to be a** with those high picks that went and added LeBron James and Kevin Love that was winning.

Thanks for correcting again... cause Lebron & Love were low picks right

Yep, because you weren't referring to the need of this Pistons team needing another high draft pick.

Ah, No... just a simple comment about the team with the better picks winning (normally associated with talent).. for some reason you feel the need to be the forum corrector.... what's up with that?
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#292 » by DetroitSho » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 am

mattao313 wrote:

That's pretty misleading. They both get "credit" (or hurt) for alot of controlled tap offensive rebounds in traffic.
Pistons888
Junior
And1: 205

Post#293 » by Pistons888 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 am

Losing jennings is tough but if DJ keeps it up like this than he will be a capable replacement. The other guys need to step up. The bigs need to finish and box out consistently while upping their defense and the wing players need to make shots. I think that KCP will be suited better as a Rip Hamilton type shooter as he seems automatic from the midrange. Singler needs his minute cut in half. Butler can contribute but not at heavy minutes but there are no other options at the 3 sadly. I would hope that Meeks gets his shot back and soon but at least he can drive and hits almost all free throws. SVG needs to make some moves and he can like the guys he has all he wants as he has said but we need a SF BADLY. There is just no excuse. Get someone from the D League. Anything. To me it is just inexcusable to roll with a singler. It does not have to be a major move but it needs to change because it is not working.
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#294 » by DetroitSho » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:07 am

mercury wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
mercury wrote:Thanks for correcting again... cause Lebron & Love were low picks right

Ah, No... just a simple comment about the team with the better picks winning (normally associated with talent).. for some reason you feel the need to be the forum corrector.... what's up with that?

I'm sorry, was what I said about the Cavs incorrect?
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#295 » by DetroitSho » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:08 am

Lucidity wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
Lucidity wrote:

I'm always gonna tout that, Dre becoming a powerhouse on offense is our only shot at being great again. I dont give 2 f%cks about winning or playoffs now. I care about being great again.

& aside from lack of energy & confidence at times, I have no problems with Drummond.

Dude we're in agreeance, but you're actually making him out to be some spaz or something.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,063

Post#296 » by MrBigShot » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:08 am

On the bright side we've got the sixers next.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#297 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:11 am

We're two games out of a playoff spot. Hornets have to cool off. Luckily, we don't have to play phenomenal ball to get there.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#298 » by Lucidity » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:11 am

You guys need to stop going at each others necks, obviously there is a few of the regular airhead trolls that have been here for a while providing nothing of substance but we all need to relax a little.

30 games of the cancer killing us, holding us to 5 wins. Jennings goes down for the season & yet we're only 2 games out of the playoffs in the loss column on Jan 27th.

This isnt the Cancer Pistons again, just some adversity. We're ok!
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#299 » by sc8581 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 am

Lucidity wrote:

The best big man in the game-

Cousins - 57% inside 5 feet, 48% overall

Drummond is at 55% inside 5ft, 49% overall
Monroe is at 54% inside 5ft, 49% overall

You guys overreact too much.

Cousins is quite the chucker for a big man and if Moose or Dre were averaging 23ppg or whatever Boogie is at I wouldn't be complaining as much.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#300 » by Lucidity » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:13 am

DetroitSho wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Apples to Oranges. Should he get more touches? Yes. But please let's stop making him out to be the tall uncoordinated guy. By the way, as much as you tout Dre needing touches, maybe you should practice what you preach and stop ignoring dude. Lol

Dude we're in agreeance, but you're actually making him out to be some spaz or something.

Dude, thats not my intention at all. He's anything but a spaz. If thats how my post came off that wasn't my intention.

Return to Detroit Pistons