ImageImageImage

KCP-Rising Allstar Challenge

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

KCP-Rising Allstar Challenge 

Post#1 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Anyone catch the game? from the highlights alone, i am pleasantly surprised at KCP's play making ability. Have we had our backup PG on our team this whole time!? =p

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z5-Fwa6gbo[/youtube]
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Re: KCP-Rising Allstar Challenge 

Post#2 » by dVs33 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:43 pm

i didnt watch the game, but i saw KCP had a bad shooting night. Its too bad.

i have no interest in all star weekend anymore
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#3 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:54 pm

dVs33 wrote:i didnt watch the game, but i saw KCP had a bad shooting night. Its too bad.

i have no interest in all star weekend anymore

its one of those its more fun to attend than watch. Dunk contest is a joke, Skills contest is fun but could be little more intersting. Maybe star playing games of 3 on 3?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#4 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:47 pm

I started watching and it's just so boring. Players just go from one end to the other and do whatever they want with no defense.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#5 » by Manocad » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:14 pm

I have no interest whatsoever in the NBA all-star game anymore, the NHL all-star game or the NFL Pro Bowl. The MLB all-star game is the only one worth watching because not only does it mean something (winning league gets home field in the World Series) but you can't really dog it in baseball or the game would last forever. The players are all giving full effort both at the plate and in the field.
Shady_
Junior
And1: 521

Post#6 » by Shady_ » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Yeah all star weekend has so many problems, it's so boring.

It's for kids and teens with all the dancing, no effort, and no defense. It's basically a hey you let me dunk and ill let you dunk type of game.

It should be aired on the Nickelodeon channel.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,038

Post#7 » by Laimbeer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:05 pm

How do you go 3 of 15 in an exhibition game? Starting to think I could beat KCP at H-O-R-S-E. :lol:
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,038

Post#8 » by Laimbeer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:05 pm

How do you go 3 of 15 in an exhibition game? Starting to think I could beat KCP at H-O-R-S-E. :lol:
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,031

Post#9 » by MrBigShot » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:05 pm

^He's too streaky for a guy that had a reputation as a shooter coming in to the draft, that's probably the most frustrating aspect of watching KCP.

Not that an exhibition joke of a game performance really matters, just thinking out loud.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#10 » by detroitKG » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Laimbeer wrote:How do you go 3 of 15 in an exhibition game? Starting to think I could beat KCP at H-O-R-S-E. :lol:

:lol: at anyone who takes these games this seriously...One KCP would destroy you and two its seriously foolish to take too much out of these types of events..it's a glorified pick up game where guys just chuck lol
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#11 » by Han Solo » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:42 pm

mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#12 » by mattao313 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:00 pm

I watched a lot of it looked like he really didn't care to me just kinda throwin up shots. Plus Oladipo was ballhoggin the whole game anyway
Championships
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#13 » by DetroitSho » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Manocad wrote:I have no interest whatsoever in the NBA all-star game anymore, the NHL all-star game or the NFL Pro Bowl. The MLB all-star game is the only one worth watching because not only does it mean something (winning league gets home field in the World Series) but you can't really dog it in baseball or the game would last forever. The players are all giving full effort both at the plate and in the field.

The MLB All Star game determining home field advantage is the dumbest thing in sports, worse than the possession arrow in college basketball.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#14 » by Manocad » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:43 pm

All baseball fans I know disagree with you. It's considered by many people to be the one redeeming feature of the all star games. Not to mention your analogy is ridiculous. The possession arrow is traded back and forth. In the MLB all-star game a team still has to actually win the contest in order to get that "possession arrow."

Anyone can claim something is dumb. Did you have an actual argument?
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#15 » by DetroitSho » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Manocad wrote:All baseball fans I know disagree with you. It's considered by many people to be the one redeeming feature of the all star games. Not to mention your analogy is ridiculous. The possession arrow is traded back and forth. In the MLB all-star game a team still has to actually win the contest in order to get that "possession arrow."

Yeah, you don't have to actually win a jump ball to win possession. Just look over to the scorer's table to see where the arrow is pointing to determine who gets the ball. Yeah, nice rule.

As far as the MLB All-star game, the rule is stupid because it was implemented to fix something that wasn't a problem. Combine that with the fact every team has to be represented, it makes it even more dumb. That "tie" in the game didn't happen because guys weren't playing hard. Selig didn't like the fact that guys who had already been taken out the game had already showered and were back in the dugout in regular street clothes. In his sick mind this appeared guys didn't take the game seriously. When the fact is there's a no reentry rule in baseball so if the game is 3 1/2 hours long and you're outta the game 30 minutes in, they're supposed to just sit there for 3 hours twittling their thumbs? It's stupid because he could've just instituted a reentry rule instead of making it possible for the relief pitcher for the Marlins or the 2nd baseman for the Astros have a say in whether the Tigers would have home field advantage and not what they do in the regular season and playoffs. The players on the Astros and Marlins generally don't even SNIFF being within 20 games of making the playoffs. Yeah, nice rule.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#16 » by Manocad » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:20 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
Manocad wrote:All baseball fans I know disagree with you. It's considered by many people to be the one redeeming feature of the all star games. Not to mention your analogy is ridiculous. The possession arrow is traded back and forth. In the MLB all-star game a team still has to actually win the contest in order to get that "possession arrow."

Yeah, you don't have to actually win a jump ball to win possession. Just look over to the scorer's table to see where the arrow is pointing to determine who gets the ball. Yeah, nice rule.

You just supported my argument as to why it's poor analogy. You don't have to win a jump ball to get possession. You do have to win the MLB all star game to get home field in the WS. Thus it's a lousy analogy.

As far as the MLB All-star game, the rule is stupid because it was implemented to fix something that wasn't a problem. Combine that with the fact every team has to be represented, it makes it even more dumb. That "tie" in the game didn't happen because guys weren't playing hard. Selig didn't like the fact that guys who had already been taken out the game had already showered and were back in the dugout in regular street clothes. In his sick mind this appeared guys didn't take the game seriously. When the fact is there's a no reentry rule in baseball so if the game is 3 1/2 hours long and you're outta the game 30 minutes in, they're supposed to just sit there for 3 hours twittling their thumbs? It's stupid because he could've just instituted a reentry rule instead of making it possible for the relief pitcher for the Marlins or the 2nd baseman for the Astros have a say in whether the Tigers would have home field advantage and not what they do in the regular season and playoffs. The players on the Astros and Marlins generally don't even SNIFF being within 20 games of making the playoffs. Yeah, nice rule.

Nowhere in your rant did you address the reasoning for giving home field advantage in the World Series to the winning league, which was for the sole purpose of making the game mean something. The other all star games don't mean anything so the players give a lousy effort because there's nothing at stake.

So we're back to "It's just dumb because I think it's dumb."
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#17 » by DetroitSho » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:02 am

Manocad wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

You just supported my argument as to why it's poor analogy. You don't have to win a jump ball to get possession. You do have to win the MLB all star game to get home field in the WS. Thus it's a lousy analogy.

Nowhere in your rant did you address the reasoning for giving home field advantage in the World Series to the winning league, which was for the sole purpose of making the game mean something. The other all star games don't mean anything so the players give a lousy effort because there's nothing at stake.

So we're back to "It's just dumb because I think it's dumb."

Let's dumb it down a bit here for you. Golden State and Atlanta are playing hard for 82 games to put themselves in position to have HCA in the finals if they get there. If neither of them get there, it will go to the team with the best record of the 2 that makes it. That will be determined by the 15 players on whatever roster it may be, over the course of 82 games. The MLB ALL-STAR game can be and often has been decided by the efforts of guys who won't even be on a playoff team, let alone in the World Series. What are the 162 games for again?

You can't fake effort or coast in baseball. There was NEVER an issue with effort in the MLB All-star game. It was always regarded as the best of the major 4 because of that. Not sure what needed to be fixed. It didn't need to "mean something". It takes a special person to agree that a popularity contest exhibition, with its participants voted on by fans, should determine a very important aspect of the championship of that sport. Nice rule.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#18 » by Manocad » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:12 am

You're going at it from the wrong angle. The reason WS home field advantage was added was to make the game count for something, not to "fix" anything that was wrong. All the baseball fans I know love the rule. I suspect you're not a baseball fan and just want to argue. Either way, I guess you'll just have to be pissed off about it because it's not going to change for exactly why I just stated--baseball fans like it that way.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#19 » by DocRI » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:16 am

^ Okay Mano, forget smart vs. dumb — do you think it's FAIR? Literally every other sport which decides its championship in a series of games awards home court / field / ice advantage to the team that had the better regular season record. Do you think it's FAIR for a mid-season exhibition game, where some of the best players from each league can't participate (i.e. pitchers who've pitched too recently), should determine what team gets a decided advantage come October? What's more important to you, honoring and rewarding the work and accomplishments of a team over a 162 game season, or fabricating extra importance for an EXHIBITION game (which, let's face it, is all done just to boost ratings)? EDITED TO ADD — And Mano, I'm a HUGE baseball fan and I know plenty of baseball fans who feel the same way, including some who worked in the sport and others who spent a good chuck of their lives chasing their dreams of playing in the majors.

And by the way, DetroitSho, I hate to tell you, but you're wrong about what happened during that tied All Star Game. It wasn't that Selig was pissed that players couldn't return, he was pissed about what I mentioned above — All Stars who couldn't pitch because they'd been promised the night off. And the REAL reason they couldn't pitch? Since they'd been promised they wouldn't be used, they'd all been drinking since before the game started! And I know this from a friend who worked for a major league team and was told so directly by players who were there that night; hand to god, true story!
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#20 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:39 am

Manocad wrote:I have no interest whatsoever in the NBA all-star game anymore, the NHL all-star game or the NFL Pro Bowl. The MLB all-star game is the only one worth watching because not only does it mean something (winning league gets home field in the World Series) but you can't really dog it in baseball or the game would last forever. The players are all giving full effort both at the plate and in the field.

haha, agreed.

I think they should make the allstar game determine who gets home court in the finals. The game automatically has meaning. Regular season totals are still valuable for the playoffs. They need to do something to give it some relevance.

I love watching the MLB allstar game. Its like a pickup game with allstars and mutual respect.

Return to Detroit Pistons