ImageImageImage

DETROIT @ WASHINGTON 7:00pm

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

DETROIT @ WASHINGTON 7:00pm 

Post#1 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:36 pm

I'm making a game thread so we can move on as soon as possible from last night's debacle. WAS is struggling big time and we just beat them so you would think we are in good shape for this one. However, we just lost to the D league Knicks so I wouldn't be surprised if we get blown out in the first quarter lol. Hopefully we come out with more energy tonight and Jackson redeems himself from his terrible showing last night.

Also, this is another big opportunity for us tonight. MIA is playing ATL and BKN is playing DAL. Let's hope we can actually capitalize on that tonight. If we blow another great shot to move up the rankings I don't know what I'm going to do lol. Let's get back on track and get this win!!!
Pistons888
Junior
And1: 205

Re: DETROIT @ WASHINGTON 7:00pm 

Post#2 » by Pistons888 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:41 pm

The team just needs to put yesterday behind them and not make the same mistakes. Hopefully they come out hungry and ready to prove to themselves they belong in the playoffs. We can only hope!
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#3 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:53 pm

As long as Jackson doesn't try to go all Josh Smith again we should pull off a win here.
Dutch Michigan
Senior
And1: 116

Post#4 » by Dutch Michigan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:04 pm

I don't get it. We've been pure shite for the last 5 or 6 years and now. And then, after one really bad game, you have people ranting like a skunk on crack.

Get over it, SvG will fix it, the team will be alright. I'll tell you know Detroit will make the playoffs and kick out the team that faces it in the first round. There you have it.
Fetchez la vache !
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#5 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Dutch Michigan wrote:I don't get it. We've been pure **** for the last 5 or 6 years and now. And then, after one really bad game, you have people ranting like a skunk on crack.

Get over it, SvG will fix it, the team will be alright. I'll tell you know Detroit will make the playoffs and kick out the team that faces it in the first round. There you have it.

It's not just one really bad game. We were up 20 to the worst team in the league and ended up losing while we were in a big race for the playoffs. It's just getting frustrating that what can't take care of buisness against these crap teams. We would already be in the playoffs right now if we wouldn't have lost to the Knicks and the damn Sixers twice.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,024

Post#6 » by MrBigShot » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:32 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Dutch Michigan wrote:I don't get it. We've been pure **** for the last 5 or 6 years and now. And then, after one really bad game, you have people ranting like a skunk on crack.

It's not just one really bad game. We were up 20 to the worst team in the league and ended up losing while we were in a big race for the playoffs. It's just getting frustrating that what can't take care of buisness against these crap teams. We would already be in the playoffs right now if we wouldn't have lost to the Knicks and the damn Sixers twice.

MotownMadness gets it. Yes this is the NBA where any team can beat any other team on any given night, but when you're up 20 against the absolute worst embarrassment of a team in the league (haven't even won without Melo before yesterday) and you lose in a game with serious playoff implications, then it's a problem. Bad losses happen, but it's completely flat out unacceptable when it comes because of garbage shot selection and inability to guard a chair. A bad shooting night where was missed great looks that we usually don't? I can live with that. Can't live with bad basketball.

Great thing about the NBA is that you can have an awful loss and get back on track a day or two later, and we've got an opportunity to do that against the struggling Wizards.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,796

Post#7 » by DBC10 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:44 pm

MrBigShot wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

MotownMadness gets it. Yes this is the NBA where any team can beat any other team on any given night, but when you're up 20 against the absolute worst embarrassment of a team in the league (haven't even won without Melo before yesterday) and you lose in a game with serious playoff implications, then it's a problem. Bad losses happen, but it's completely flat out unacceptable when it comes because of garbage shot selection and inability to guard a chair. A bad shooting night where was missed great looks that we usually don't? I can live with that. Can't live with bad basketball.

Great thing about the NBA is that you can have an awful loss and get back on track a day or two later, and we've got an opportunity to do that against the struggling Wizards.

It's not just last night either, we lost to all the worst teams in the league like the Timbos, Philly, Knicks, etc. This team often has mental lapses which causes us to do poorly against these types of teams.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#8 » by princeofpalace » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:56 pm

If Jackson plays selfishly like he did last night, this will be a loss. DrumRoe should be the focal point offensively this game- Jackson needs to focus on setting up his teammates. Also we will need DrumRoe to step up on their defense on Gortat- can't have him having another 20/10 game on us.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#9 » by DTP » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:03 pm

People get selfish so quickly. I'm just enjoying the fact we have something to play for in March....when was the last time we could say that? 09?
joeposh
Pro Prospect
And1: 413

Post#10 » by joeposh » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:23 pm

Going to the game tonight. Not optimistic after a Double OT game last night, but hopefully the guys still have something left in the tank that they can tap into to take down the Wizards.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,796

Post#11 » by DBC10 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:04 pm

WAS is on a slump and Wittman is probably starting to lose his players since he's an awful coach in comparison to this roster which should not be losing so many games.

So I'll say we win this, but only if we keep RJ in control and let our bigs go to work. I don't think Prince should start, that's just me.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#12 » by ImHeisenberg » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Knicks were on a losing streak when they played us last night.

I imagine both teams are going to play aggressively and look for the W. I don't expect either team to get any easy win tonight.

Also, I hate Nene. I think he's one of the hands-down biggest scumbags in the league. Constantly taking cheap shots. If the refs called all the fouls he actually commits, he would foul out six minutes into the first quarter. Constantly throwing cheap elbows, hooking arms, pushing off, etc. I'd love it if Joel Anthony just took one for the team and ran off the bench and punched him as hard as he could square in the face.

If we lose this one, I expect this board to go on full tilt and tanking threads to start sprouting out of RealGM's ears.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#13 » by detroitKG » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:35 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Keith_Langlois/status/571810931640037376[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Keith_Langlois/status/571811070832209921[/tweet]
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#14 » by treefi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Seven of the next eight on the road. That stretch includes games at Houston, Golden State and Portland.
basedjesus
Pro Prospect
And1: 117

Post#15 » by basedjesus » Sun Mar 1, 2015 12:12 am

ugh
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#16 » by MotownMadness » Sun Mar 1, 2015 12:15 am

We suck